• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Will CGC make an official statement?

500 posts in this topic

I just noticed the update over in SS that you can not be a facilitator for CGC and a competitor? hm

Who would that impact? I am not following.

In the end, Joey can still submit books.

I just noticed the update over in SS that you can not be a facilitator for CGC and a competitor? hm

Would he still be able to crack a SS, press it and sub it?

Ah... I did not know he could do that.

whether its level A restoration or Level Z...ITS STILL RESTORED. Will it really make that much of a difference in anyones mind if its one letter or number over the other? Whats so hard about just using a universal label and just noting what restoration was done..WITH FREE GRADERS NOTES.

Even if there were graders notes available for resto done, it still would be foreign to people who don't know resto.

A scale of A - C and 1 - 5 is probably still much easier to understand than lots of notes.

Competition is a good thing but how will it affect facilitators in general?

whether its level A restoration or Level Z...ITS STILL RESTORED. Will it really make that much of a difference in anyones mind if its one letter or number over the other? Whats so hard about just using a universal label and just noting what restoration was done..WITH FREE GRADERS NOTES.

Even if there were graders notes available for resto done, it still would be foreign to people who don't know resto.

A scale of A - C and 1 - 5 is probably still much easier to understand than lots of notes.

I actually disagree - a alphanumerical system doesn't mean anything if the standards aren't known, and the standards are basically equivalent to the notes that would appear on the label anyway. :foryou:

If I saw a book with a B-3 notation and I didn't know what it was, I would be intimidated.

If I saw a label that said "Staples replaced", I'd feel adequately informed.

Can he do that?

Can he do that?

That's a service he offers.

I actually disagree - a alphanumerical system doesn't mean anything if the standards aren't known, and the standards are basically equivalent to the notes that would appear on the label anyway. :foryou:

If I saw a book with a B-3 notation and I didn't know what it was, I would be intimidated.

Right, but a grading system is intimidating too until you learn how to use it.

I think A - 1 to C - 5 is going to be much easier to comprehend to collectors and easier to learn than walls of text about what was done to a book.

Unfortunate, but I think it's true because that is how the human race is wired.

I think A - 1 to C - 5 is going to be much easier to comprehend to collectors and easier to learn than walls of text about what was done to a book.

As long as people continue to turn their nose at PLOD, I am fine with that. When I can pick up a GA War Book at a fraction of what the blue label is simply because it says, "Slight color touch", I am perfectly fine with that especially when the slight color touch is nothing more than a dot.

One thing that is also curious about this entire mishap: CGC chose to do it when everyone was out of the office.

Seems like rather convenient timing on their part.

How on earth is pulling Joeys thread, a mishap? CBCS promoted Joey on their site as their exclusive pressing service. On his site Joey displayed, and linked CBCS.

I would think the numerous, very long threads (most of which have also disappeared) filled with a large percentage (I was going to say the vast majority, but figured someone would count through the messages and retort "only 52%") of them critical of the move pretty much qualifies as a "mishap."

The people that Joey wants to speak with at CGC might currently be "OOO", but to say that they pulled Joeys thread while everyone was out of the office is silly.

Yeah, that pretty much qualifies as insane.

Depends on the type of PLOD. They are not all equal.

I totally agree. I will not touch "trimmed".

Things I will give consideration to though with some of these falling under the new classification of conservation:

- cover cleaned

- staples replaced (Especially if the old ones started to rust)

- slight color touch

- moderate color touch (depending where) I once saw a Hulk 1 (I think it was a Hulk 1) that supposedly had color touch done on the back cover. That was it.

- archival tear seal

- reinforced

Will it really make that much of a difference in anyones mind if its one letter or number over the other?

Yes.

+1

We may not be accustomed to the ins and outs of the new labels yet, but that is like asking if anyone will notice a difference between slight restoration or extensive restoration.

Not all of us.....

One thing that is also curious about this entire mishap: CGC chose to do it when everyone was out of the office.

Seems like rather convenient timing on their part.

How on earth is pulling Joeys thread, a mishap? CBCS promoted Joey on their site as their exclusive pressing service. On his site Joey displayed, and linked CBCS.

I would think the numerous, very long threads (most of which have also disappeared) filled with a large percentage (I was going to say the vast majority, but figured someone would count through the messages and retort "only 52%") of them critical of the move pretty much qualifies as a "mishap."

The people that Joey wants to speak with at CGC might currently be "OOO", but to say that they pulled Joeys thread while everyone was out of the office is silly.

Yeah, that pretty much qualifies as insane.

meh

I repeat:

meh