• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is Starlord's Pop?

67 posts in this topic

You want to know? Go here.

Years later, Star-Lord becomes involved in stopping a group of slavers who are destroying worlds. His efforts led him to discover a conspiracy to replace the emperor of the Spartoi Empire with his uncle, Prince Gareth. In order to thwart the takeover, Star-Lord travels to the imperial throneworld Sparta where he encounters and kills the alien who killed his mother. Star-Lord then meets Emperor Jason who reveals that he is Peter's father. Jason explains that he had crashed on Earth decades earlier and been rescued by Meredith Quill. During the year that he had spent repairing his ship, Jason and Meredith fell in love. When it came time to leave, Jason, for Meredith's safety, had placed a mindlock on her memories of him, causing her to remember their year together as only a dream.

If we're talking about casting for the sequel, I think Jeff Bridges would be a good father to Chris Pratt. They have that same eye appearance like the dog meme that looks left and right all the time and I thought Bridges played a good part in good/bad character in Tron.

We may see J'Son, Emporer of Spartaxx in the movies - especially since GotG really opened up the galaxy.

Although with the comments in the film about him having some sort of "light" in him or whatever - perhaps the solution is going to be something geared towards that?

If we're talking about casting for the sequel, I think Jeff Bridges would be a good father to Chris Pratt. They have that same eye appearance like the dog meme that looks left and right all the time and I thought Bridges played a good part in good/bad character in Tron.

didn't Jeff Bridges also play Starman?

(1984)

Starman_film_poster.jpg

Jeff Bridges already played a major character in the MCU though. Has there been anybody to play more than one large role in the MCU?

didn't Jeff Bridges also play Starman?

(1984)

Starman_film_poster.jpg

Yes. And we can get Karen Allen to play the Mom too.

Chris Evans. Human Torch and Captain America. I know it's Fox and Disney each producing the different films, but still, 2 major marvel characters are played by the same person.

I'm talking about the Marvel Cinematic Universe that Marvel Studios has set up. Anything outside of that doesn't count.

But while we're at it, there are some who have played Marvel characters in and out of the MCU:

Idris Elba played Heimdall and that one guy in Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance.

Ray Stevenson played Volstagg as well as Frank Castle in Punisher: War Zone.

I believe there are others, but those were the first ones I could think of.

James Gunn said only he, Kevin Feige, Michael Rooker, and his brother Sean Gunn know.

Thanos is his dad, so Gamora is his "sister". Sounds like a Star Wars twist to me!

James Gunn said only he, Kevin Feige, Michael Rooker, and his brother Sean Gunn know.

Thanos is his dad, so Gamora is his "sister". Sounds like a Star Wars twist to me!

:o

Uh-oh ! I just got over the Luke/Leia thing last year... :grin:

I think it will end up being one of the original Guardians.

I hope it is Starhawk if they go this route. Really don't see Charlie 27 or Martinex transferring to the big screen well. And Vance Astro would have to NOT have Cap's shield in order to avoid any confusion.