• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who is Starlord's Pop?

67 posts in this topic

I though the dad was J'Son of Spartaxx

In the comics, yes, but in the movie they seem to be going with someone else. In the movie, they describe his father as an ancient being of pure light. J'Son of Spartaxx does not meet this description at all.

However, Adam Warlock does seem to meet this description (sort of).

So, unless they are making up an entirely new character, I'm going with Warlock.

James Gunn said only he, Kevin Feige, Michael Rooker, and his brother Sean Gunn know.

I think it will end up being one of the original Guardians.

I hope it is Starhawk if they go this route. Really don't see Charlie 27 or Martinex transferring to the big screen well. And Vance Astro would have to NOT have Cap's shield in order to avoid any confusion.

hm I wouldn't mind Starhawk at all.

But then again, Warlock hm hm hm

I hope Warlock is in no relation to Star Lord at all... I just don't see it.

If it means Warlock gets to be in the movie, I'd be okay with that.

But, in general, I don't see it either.

My bet is going to remain on Starhawk.

Meredith said that he was pure light:

Starhawk can generate luminous energy for various purposes. He can surround his body with in a nimbus of light providing simple illumination up to blinding intensity. He can cast beams of light as spotlights of flares. By shifting his light beam's frequency, he can generate intense heat beams, or coherent light beams that strike their targets with tremendous concussive force. He uses a nimbus of intermingled photons and anti-gravitons to levitate or fly at great speeds.

She also said that he was an angel. I'm guessing because he came "from the skies".

Yondu called him a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces. Which from what I've read, sounds reasonable that Yondu would think that.

Nova Prime said he was from something ancient. Seeing how Starhawk is reborn over and over, I can see them making Starhawk an ancient being that has been reborn continually through time.

Just my two cents. Start picking up your Defenders 27 and 28 now. ;)

My bet is going to remain on Starhawk.

Meredith said that he was pure light:

Starhawk can generate luminous energy for various purposes. He can surround his body with in a nimbus of light providing simple illumination up to blinding intensity. He can cast beams of light as spotlights of flares. By shifting his light beam's frequency, he can generate intense heat beams, or coherent light beams that strike their targets with tremendous concussive force. He uses a nimbus of intermingled photons and anti-gravitons to levitate or fly at great speeds.

She also said that he was an angel. I'm guessing because he came "from the skies".

Yondu called him a person_too_unaware_of_social_graces. Which from what I've read, sounds reasonable that Yondu would think that.

Nova Prime said he was from something ancient. Seeing how Starhawk is reborn over and over, I can see them making Starhawk an ancient being that has been reborn continually through time.

Just my two cents. Start picking up your Defenders 27 and 28 now. ;)

It's this... got to be.

Runner up: Starfox if only to give Star-Lord a Thanos/Gamora connection

James Gunn said only he, Kevin Feige, Michael Rooker, and his brother Sean Gunn know.

I think it will end up being one of the original Guardians.

I hope it is Starhawk if they go this route. Really don't see Charlie 27 or Martinex transferring to the big screen well. And Vance Astro would have to NOT have Cap's shield in order to avoid any confusion.

That's who I was leaning towards... though wasn't Quasar Starhawk's father?l

Honestly, though, with him having a relationship to Yondu, with some of the things they hinted at, I think my first suggestion is a possibility.