• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

so many young collectors are being mislead

596 posts in this topic

Hall and Oates I've seen a few times. I've seen +live+ about 25 times, Rush about 15 times, Phil Collins about 10 times, Genesis a few times, Pink Floyd once, hrm...let's see...I went to the big Faith No More/Metallica/GnR show once though it was only for Metallica. We also had a big thing in Central New York called the K-Rock-a-Thon where I saw a lot of "alternative" bands, including Staind and Evanescence before they were big. I was into Drowning Pool a lot then and went just to see them but it was a bonus that other groups were on the same stage. The show lasted for like 15 hours or something. One band I've never seen live is Marillion, and they're my favorite of all time.

Peace,

Chip

Huh, who have I seen live?...

Hall & Oates; Duran Duran; The Cure; REM; Metallica a handful of times, once with G'n'R; P-Funk All-Stars a few times; Ween as much as I could; The Grateful Dead 20-something times; Aerosmith; War; Ice Cube; De La Soul; The Eagles; Rolling Stones; The National; Radiohead...can't think of any others right now...

O yeah...Bob Dylan, B.B. King, Hubert Sumlin, Black Sheep, Little Feat, Queensryche...

I always wanted to see Hubert Sumlin. I ran out of time. :sorry:

O no, he died? I didn't know that. He was great, and he had such a raw sound playing behind Howlin' Wolf back in the day.

I like K&TG too, they're awesome. But calling Dylan and the GG spoon?....Next you're gonna say the Beatles suk.

Nope, I love the Beatles. They were actually great.

Lump Marley in with Dylan, The Dead and the Stones...worthless overrated no-talent crapola.

Peace,

Chip

I guess music is like art, that everyone has different tastes. At least it gives us something to argue over a couple of beers. (thumbs u

Tell me about Phish, the Smiths, Jimmy Buffett and Billy Joel

how old are you? 60?

Not even 40 lol

you are doing it all wrong.

Hall and Oates I've seen a few times. I've seen +live+ about 25 times, Rush about 15 times, Phil Collins about 10 times, Genesis a few times, Pink Floyd once, hrm...let's see...I went to the big Faith No More/Metallica/GnR show once though it was only for Metallica. We also had a big thing in Central New York called the K-Rock-a-Thon where I saw a lot of "alternative" bands, including Staind and Evanescence before they were big. I was into Drowning Pool a lot then and went just to see them but it was a bonus that other groups were on the same stage. The show lasted for like 15 hours or something. One band I've never seen live is Marillion, and they're my favorite of all time.

Peace,

Chip

Huh, who have I seen live?...

Hall & Oates; Duran Duran; The Cure; REM; Metallica a handful of times, once with G'n'R; P-Funk All-Stars a few times; Ween as much as I could; The Grateful Dead 20-something times; Aerosmith; War; Ice Cube; De La Soul; The Eagles; Rolling Stones; The National; Radiohead...can't think of any others right now...

O yeah...Bob Dylan, B.B. King, Hubert Sumlin, Black Sheep, Little Feat, Queensryche...

I always wanted to see Hubert Sumlin. I ran out of time. :sorry:

O no, he died? I didn't know that. He was great, and he had such a raw sound playing behind Howlin' Wolf back in the day.

Died Jan '13, I believe. Best blues guitarist evah, IMO.

Are you alluding to Walking Dead and Guardians of the Galaxy comic books?

you have mention a couple of the 0.02 % that is not drek, thank you

Were the GOTG comics drek a year ago? Six months ago?

If that answer is yes then they're probably still drek, just a handful of people don't realize it at the moment.

The 2008 series was one of my favorite titles. Great stories, fun read, good artists. What more do you want?

Things as they used to be!! :frustrated:

Change sucks... :cry:

And the weather was always better and the ladies prettier in the good ol' days....

That much is sure true!

1950s version of Jean Simmons --

simmonsindex02.jpg

Modern version of Gene Simmons --

gene_simmons_000.jpg

I like K&TG too, they're awesome. But calling Dylan and the GG spoon?....Next you're gonna say the Beatles suk.

Nope, I love the Beatles. They were actually great.

Lump Marley in with Dylan, The Dead and the Stones...worthless overrated no-talent crapola.

Peace,

Chip

I guess music is like art, that everyone has different tastes. At least it gives us something to argue over a couple of beers. (thumbs u

Tell me about Phish, the Smiths, Jimmy Buffett and Billy Joel

how old are you? 60?

Not even 40 lol

you are doing it all wrong.

Nah... I've seen a lot of great acts over the years. Seen McCartney and Tony Bennett a few times within the last few years. A Morrissey show here and there when he actually gets off his from a sniffle and performs. Phish is always a fun show.

Saw the bands I have wanted to see.

I still want to see U2 as I hear they are pretty good live. I had no interest in seeing Coldplay but everyone I know that has gone willingly or unwillingly came back saying that it was a good show. Right now the one act I would like to see before they wind it down is Springsteen. I know a few guys that religiously go to Springsteen shows whenever he is near the city. They swear by him. So I may want to check that out.

Somehow I keep missing Pearl Jam which is annoying.

I was there when concerts were concerts at Day on the Green where 5 headline bands would perform. The police, foreigner, oingo boingo, wall of voodoo etc all on one ticket.

Speaking of KISS posters, how much would it suck to grow up without this in your room?

KISS-Poster.jpg

I know I had it,1976 I believe. hm

'76 was an excellent year for KISS, but I bet I didn't have it until at least '80.

Those that don't like George Harrison should give this a listen.

Ole Jake is playing this with only FOUR strings (worship)

The ending of this is an amazing display of speed and skill.

I saw him live when he was touring with Jimmy Buffett for awhile and they gave him a few songs to do on his own. He played this. At first you saw the crowd acting ambivalent toward a guy with a ukelele playing a Beatles tune. By the end of his performance, you could tell that the crowd was very impressed by his talent.

Well my buddy who bought 120 longboxes of moderns for $200 doesn't plan to slab anything...

don't make people up Kav

I can put you in touch if you're interested

Dude that's less than $2 per longbox.

Almost anybody would take that deal unless they were burnt in a fire or damaged in some kind of flood...

Speaking of KISS posters, how much would it suck to grow up without this in your room?

KISS-Poster.jpg

I had this my room. True story - My brother swung a stick at me, missed me but hit Farah and ripped the poster. I missed waking up to her :cry:

farrah-fawcett-1976-poster1.jpg

In my room I had a Metallica poster (Garage days revisited) and a Ginger Lynn poster. Was not n x rated lynn poster. Was the one with her in the workout outfit. Didnt know who she was when I purchased it at a music store ( I was like 15) but found out after I hung it up. Still left it up as it was purchased to put next to my weight lifting machine. .

The poster was the same as the picture on the shirt in this link.

http://theninetees.com/view/83322/ginger-lynn-goat-t-shirt