• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

There are always going to be speculators out there, but other people simply love this book (me included).

Amazing cover, classic Kirby/Lee in one of the most epic runs in the history of comics, and the intro of some oddball cosmic heroes! What's not to love?

A CGC 8.0 just sold on ebay for around $875.

That didn't last long.....

-J.

Incredible :screwy:

And a CGC 7.5 last week for $761.

The speculation frenzy has now caused FF45 to be on par with FF48 at least in the mid-grades to mid-high-grades.

I mean compared to the print run of these books. We aren’t talking about some scarce Golden Age book, golly, it’s a Fantastic Four #45! lol

Thank God I have it, and thanks also to zuulioso from which I seem to recall I purchased it! :)

yah, scarce alone doesnt matter unless there is demand. IH181 etc. can do it on demand alone. Marvel studios has created a new paradigm that whether valid long term or not, is certainly very valid on the medium term 5-10 yr timeline. The demand is very real.

...... you guys all had plenty of time to get it. This book has been RIDICULOUSLY undervalued for years...... I wish I still had my copy :sorry: GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

It would have been interesting to see how the price would have moved had the first appearance been in issue 44. There are billions of copies of that issues out there.

I think FF #48 is also a warehouse find and it's even more plentiful in high grade than the #44. #48 still seems to realize pretty strong prices.

But it looks like #45 is going to make #48 seem cheap in comparison.

Question guys (and this one's hopefully not as stupid):

I notice the CGC label on 45 says it's the first appearance of the inhumans then specifies them and which ones first appear in this issue, including black bolt.

Then the label on 46 states something to the effect of "first full appearance of black bolt".

This seems to defy how CGC usually does its labeling, and for good reason I would think....Black bolt actually made not one, but two full appearances in the main story of 45. It wasn't just a "cameo" appearance or partial appearance on the last page as a lead in to the next issue as is the case with wolvie or carnage and others of the like. I would assume this is why it is not noted as such on the label for 45 as just a "cameo".

So why does the CGC label not simply say "2nd appearance", or better yet, nothing, since 2nd appearances are not normally noted on the label (there are exceptions of course)?

-J.

I notice the CGC label on 45 says it's the first appearance of the inhumans then specifies them and which ones first appear in this issue, including black bolt.

Then the label on 46 states something to the effect of "first full appearance of black bolt".

This seems to defy how CGC usually does its labeling, and for good reason I would think....Black bolt actually made not one, but two full appearances in the main story of 45. It wasn't just a "cameo" appearance or partial appearance on the last page as a lead in to the next issue as is the case with wolvie or carnage and others of the like. I would assume this is why it is not noted as such on the label for 45 as just a "cameo".

So why does the CGC label not simply say "2nd appearance", or better yet, nothing, since 2nd appearances are not normally noted on the label (there are exceptions of course)?

-J.

They talk about meeting him through the story, but he only appears in the last page. It actually is pretty similar to Hulk 180, who is mentioned once (as Weapon X) before appearing.

-J.

They talk about meeting him through the story, but he only appears in the last page. It actually is pretty similar to Hulk 180, who is mentioned once (as Weapon X) before appearing.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't crystal introduce Johnny to ALL of the inhumans (including black bolt) much earlier in the story ?

-J.

-J.

Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't crystal introduce Johnny to ALL of the inhumans (including black bolt) much earlier in the story ?

-J.

I don't think so as I read this through a few months ago looking to answer exactly the same question - someone else could maybe confirm.

If I recall throughout the book there is suspense about meeting him, which happens in a classic last page reveal.