• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

I bet there's an inhuman hidden in one of the pre hero books that we haven't learned about yet.

Maybe one of those crazy glob monsters hm

I don't think the market at large knows that. This book could actually end up being the "TTA 13", with the current rarity on the census to boot. Super copy indeed. Makes my head hurt seeing all these nice copies.

-J.

I've been approached by a few Boardies recently trying to acquire my FF 36. This usually only happens when the book is imminently going to be hot. I really like this cover, and my copy, so I declined. Watch out for WTB threads coming on this book.

I bet there's an inhuman hidden in one of the pre hero books that we haven't learned about yet.

I don't think the market at large knows that. This book could actually end up being the "TTA 13", with the current rarity on the census to boot. Super copy indeed. Makes my head hurt seeing all these nice copies.

-J.

I've been approached by a few Boardies recently trying to acquire my FF 36. This usually only happens when the book is imminently going to be hot. I really like this cover, and my copy, so I declined. Watch out for WTB threads coming on this book.

Oy vay and so it begins. Although your 9.2 does seem exceptionally bright and sharp for the grade I must say. Everybody already knows about FF 45 and 46, the 36 could end up being the sleeper, esp since it pre-dates all the others by so much.

-J.

I bought the FF #14 and #16 when Roter listed the FFs. He was still charging some aggressive prices for the time so I don't feel too bad for him.

I don't know Barton. Yes, they were aggressive for the time, but I just checked my sales slip again and the FF36 cost $180. :o

So I do still feel pretty bad for Roter and the unluckiness of his timing. Those were the days to collect high grade SA, eh?

I'm a big fan of all the early FFs that introduced cool characters. I believe this is the first appearance of an Inhuman in comics.

That's purty

Good chance of that, considering the Eternals were retroactively explained as having been around since Red Raven #1.

I don't believe Kirby (or Stan) had an entire race of Inhumans in mind when they were doing #36.

I do think that Medusa was unusually well conceived for a female character of that era. A truly great villain in that first storyline!

I bought the FF #14 and #16 when Roter listed the FFs. He was still charging some aggressive prices for the time so I don't feel too bad for him.

I don't know Barton. Yes, they were aggressive for the time, but I just checked my sales slip again and the FF36 cost $180. :o

So I do still feel pretty bad for Roter and the unluckiness of his timing. Those were the days to collect high grade SA, eh?

I paid $808 for the FF #14. And $664 for the #16.

I also bought the DD #6, 7, and #17 on the same invoice. When I received the books, I noticed Robert forgot to charge me for the DD #17. I called to tell him he made a mistake on my invoice. He immediately got huffy with me and said there was no mistake. I had to interject and tell him that I owed him money. When he finally calmed down and realized what I was saying, he couldn't even muster an apology. That's another reason I don't feel too bad he sold the books before CGC opened its doors.

I don't believe Kirby (or Stan) had an entire race of Inhumans in mind when they were doing #36.

I do think that Medusa was unusually well conceived for a female character of that era. A truly great villain in that first storyline!

Agree on all fronts. She was a marked advance in physicality from the super-heroines and -villainesses with invisibility and mystical powers.

As for the unrecognized potential of FF36, I'm quite certain when Stan and Jack created Groot, they didn't envision that he'd join the GOTG either. ;)

Looks like it sold off Ebay.

:insane:

If you've been after this book, isn't this literally the worst time to buy one ?

I'll never understand movie hype.

This sale has the classic look of a fake 'pump and dump' sale. The seller has a rating of 8 with this being his first sale, item location United States, etc.

The sad part is, this technique works, just like it did with Hawkman 4.

If you've been after this book, isn't this literally the worst time to buy one ?

:preach: Thats what Im experiencing with #52. It was already a pricey book, but I think speculation has driven this price waaaay beyond what I can shell out. Im going to need time payments for time payments. :taptaptap:

This sale has the classic look of a fake 'pump and dump' sale. The seller has a rating of 8 with this being his first sale, item location United States, etc.

Doesn't show up as "sold" when I click it. Just an ended item.

As if the seller ended up doing an off ebay deal? (shrug)

-J.

Different though is we don't know how much it sold for, price won't hit GPA.

:preach: Thats what Im experiencing with #52. It was already a pricey book, but I think speculation has driven this price waaaay beyond what I can shell out. Im going to need time payments for time payments. :taptaptap:

...you should get that book in 9.2..... even more so than the 45. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

...you should get that book in 9.2..... even more so than the 45. GOD BLESS...

Im not greedy...a clean 9.0 will suffice. But that's selling for 100% more than it was 2 years ago. 9.2 is a more modest 80% increase... 9.4 only 40% :cry:

Make it happen, brother..... you'll be glad you did. Just hold out for one of those "why is this JUST a 9.2 ?" copies. GOD BLESS....

...... tell your wife you're going to run off with her sister if she doesn't buy it for you (shrug)

Make it happen, brother..... you'll be glad you did. Just hold out for one of those "why is this JUST a 9.2 ?" copies. GOD BLESS....

...... tell your wife you're going to run off with her sister if she doesn't buy it for you (shrug)

:devil: