• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

Medusa! :cloud9:

My lowly 9.0...

FANTASTICFOUR36CGC90OWW_zps10f3a152.jpg

Nice "lowly" copy. lol

Incidentally, speaking of "where have they gone?..... There is seemingly only one graded copy of this book publicly available anywhere right now (SS 7.5 on ebay/mycomicshop). And the raw copies out there all appear to be quite low grade.

-J.

Incidentally, speaking of "where have they gone?..... There is seemingly only one graded copy of this book publicly available anywhere right now (SS 7.5 on ebay/mycomicshop). And the raw copies out there all appear to be quite low grade.

-J.

It wasn’t easy for me to find a higher grade copy. I had a FN+/FNVF and looked around for a while to find a VF or better at a reasonable price, but I had the impression #36 is not so common in grade, If I remember I will post my copy, which is a deslabbed 8.0 or 8.5 (don’t recall precisely). :)

Medusa! :cloud9:

My lowly 9.0...

FANTASTICFOUR36CGC90OWW_zps10f3a152.jpg

Nice "lowly" copy. lol

-J.

Great looking copy Tom ! I suspect FF 36 is going through an accumulation phase by speculators trying to get the book on the cheap. There are 282 FF36's on the current census compared to 458 FF45's. Hang on to your copies guys !

On the cheap? At guide prices, it is not so cheap to begin with! :D

In the current Overstreet a 9.0 guide on an FF 45 is 420.00 . I think any of us would buy a 9.0 FF 45 @ 420.00 all day long. The current Overstreet on an FF36 is 340.00 . Sounds pretty cheap to me.

On the cheap? At guide prices, it is not so cheap to begin with! :D

In the current Overstreet a 9.0 guide on an FF 45 is 420.00 . I think any of us would buy a 9.0 FF 45 @ 420.00 all day long. The current Overstreet on an FF36 is 340.00 . Sounds pretty cheap to me.

What is this...... "Overstreet" that you speak of? :insane:

-J.

I don't think FF 36 really has much of an appeal, but of course this is not going to stop people from believing it's something they "must" have. Like sheep they will buy it and of course the price will rise.

Keys related to an Inhumans IP on the big screen is going to be the first appearance of the group and first appearances of members of the group. And anyone with any investment savvy knows to stick to the top tier of keys related to any IP and not deep dive.

FF 45 is the first real appearance of the Inhumans as a "team", it says so right on the front cover. Yes Medusa and Gorgon appeared before that but it is a bit like the individual members of the Avengers appeared before they became the Avengers. When Ant Man and Wasp started their ill-fated relationship is that 1st Avengers or "Avengers prototype"? I think not, even if Wasp did come up with the name.

If you consider the Inhumans as a race, then who really cares that Medusa was the first or that the 1st app. of the Kree is FF65 or the Skrulls FF2 or the Badoon Silver Surfer 2? No one.

Inhumans keys in descending order of importance (IMO):

FF 45 Inhumans as team, Lockjaw Karnak Triton Crystal etc, brief Black Bolt

FF 46 Black Bolt

FF 47 Maximus

FF 36 Medusa, (Frightful Four)

FF 44 Gorgon

Reverse the last two as per preference. Someone with more depth of knowledge of the canon could maybe flesh out the top ten, you have 1st Terrigen Mist and new wave Inhumans in the mini-series plus BB and Medusa's son Ahura and things like that.

I don't think FF 36 really has much of an appeal, but of course this is not going to stop people from believing it's something they "must" have. Like sheep they will buy it and of course the price will rise.

Keys related to an Inhumans IP on the big screen is going to be the first appearance of the group and first appearances of members of the group. And anyone with any investment savvy knows to stick to the top tier of keys related to any IP and not deep dive.

FF 45 is the first real appearance of the Inhumans as a "team", it says so right on the front cover. Yes Medusa and Gorgon appeared before that but it is a bit like the individual members of the Avengers appeared before they became the Avengers. When Ant Man and Wasp started their ill-fated relationship is that 1st Avengers or "Avengers prototype"? I think not, even if Wasp did come up with the name.

If you consider the Inhumans as a race, then who really cares that Medusa was the first or that the 1st app. of the Kree is FF65 or the Skrulls FF2 or the Badoon Silver Surfer 2? No one.

FF 46 Black Bolt

FF 47 Maximus

FF 44 Gorgon

Reverse the last two as per preference. Someone with more depth of knowledge of the canon could maybe flesh out the top ten, you have 1st Terrigen Mist and new wave Inhumans in the mini-series plus BB and Medusa's son Ahura and things like that.

I would say the first appearances of any of the "royal family" will get some interest, to varying degree depending on how they are used in the ultimate movie that comes out, with 45 being the most significant for obvious reasons.

I would put the list more like this though, with the most upside from a speculative point of view in 36 and 47:

FF45

FF36

FF47

FF44

FF46 (Because it's not a first appearance, just basically a cool cover)

-J.

FF 46 Black Bolt

FF 47 Maximus

FF 44 Gorgon

I would say the first appearances of any of the "royal family" will get some interest, to varying degree depending on they are used in the ultimate movie that comes out, with 45 being the most significant for obvious reasons.

I would put the list more like this though, with the most upside from a speculative point of view in 36 and 47:

FF45

FF36

FF47

FF44

-J.

I would definitely put FF46 in position 2, 1st full appearance of the King of the Inhumans. Show me a precedent where the 1st app. of the superheroine partner (in this case queen) is worth more than the superhero.

FF 46 Black Bolt

FF 47 Maximus

FF 44 Gorgon

I would say the first appearances of any of the "royal family" will get some interest, to varying degree depending on they are used in the ultimate movie that comes out, with 45 being the most significant for obvious reasons.

FF45

FF36

FF47

FF44

-J.

I would definitely put FF46 in position 2, 1st full appearance of the King of the Inhumans. Show me a precedent where the 1st app. of the superheroine partner (in this case queen) is worth more than the superhero.

Agreed. I'm not so sure I'm sold on his appearance in FF 45 as being a wolverine-like "cameo only" though. I feel like a person can have their bases covered as far as that's concerned by having the 45. Even CGC doesn't call his appearance in 45 just a "cameo". His involvement in the story was not to the extent as the other inhumans, but he is still clearly introduced as part of the group in 45.

-J.

FF 46 Black Bolt

FF 47 Maximus

FF 44 Gorgon

FF45

FF36

FF47

FF44

-J.

Agreed. I'm not so sure I'm sold on his appearance in FF 45 as being a wolverine-like "cameo only" though. I feel like a person can have their bases covered as far as that's concerned by having the 45. Even CGC doesn't call his appearance in 45 just a "cameo". His involvement in the story was not to the extent as the other inhumans, but he is still clearly introduced as part of the group in 45.

-J.

In the last panel only...