• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

"All things Inhuman"

593 posts in this topic

I saw a PGX slab of an FF 44 on ebay that said that it was the "first appearance of the inhumans". At first I thought to myself "Eh, this is another good example of why nobody respects PGX". Then I thought about it another moment and realized that it does actually have the first appearance of one character who is later revealed to be an "inhuman" (gorgon) and it is an early appearance of another (medusa) and they are both on the cover. So maaaaaybe I could see "why" PGX could think that, similar to the way CGC whiffed on the whole hulk 271/marvel preview 7 thing.

I wonder how long it will be though before the market at large realizes that the first appearance of any "inhuman" is actually in FF 36 (medusa, along with the first appearance of the frightful four)....

-J.

I saw a PGX slab of an FF 44 on ebay that said that it was the "first appearance of the inhumans". At first I thought to myself "Eh, this is another good example of why nobody respects PGX". Then I thought about it another moment and realized that it does actually have the first appearance of one character who is later revealed to be an "inhuman" (gorgon) and it is an early appearance of another (medusa) and they are both on the cover. So maaaaaybe I could see "why" PGX could think that, similar to the way CGC whiffed on the whole hulk 271/marvel preview 7 thing.

I wonder how long it will be though before the market at large realizes that the first appearance of any "inhuman" is actually in FF 36 (medusa, along with the first appearance of the frightful four)....

-J.

Add me too the club. :cloud9: It's cool to see interest in the Inhumans. :headbang:

26f4602aa9d43edccf0b8a2339a4547b_zps88a5c57e.jpg[/img]

-J.

Add me too the club. :cloud9: It's cool to see interest in the Inhumans. :headbang:

26f4602aa9d43edccf0b8a2339a4547b_zps88a5c57e.jpg[/img]

So this is now the official unofficial "all things inhumans club". :cloud9:

It will be interesting to see how many slabbed copies of all of these start hitting the census going forward. FF 47 doesn't even mention the first appearance of maximus the mad on the current CGC label and it and FF 36 have by far the fewest numbers on the census than any of the other "first inhuman" books.

This is surprising more so for FF 36 than 47 since it practically screams "first appearance" on the cover and does have the first of a fairly popular female villain who also crossed over into ASM and is on a "classic cover" or two in that run.

-J.

I know the FF #45 is getting a lot of heat because it's the first appearance of the Inhumans. But for me, it's one of the best covers in the entire Lee/Kirby run.

I'm also a big fan of #29, 47, 51 and 66. Of course, everyone else's mileage may vary.

Must agree, 45 and probably 72 rank best of the run for me.

And don't overlook 46 which is an absolutely stunning cover.

My 46 was the first slabbed book I ever purchased...and still in my possession :headbang:

Here's my 46...purchased March 2006... :cloud9:

FANTASTICFOUR46CGC90OW_zpsb2057946.jpg

I know the FF #45 is getting a lot of heat because it's the first appearance of the Inhumans. But for me, it's one of the best covers in the entire Lee/Kirby run.

I'm also a big fan of #29, 47, 51 and 66. Of course, everyone else's mileage may vary.

My 46 was the first slabbed book I ever purchased...and still in my possession :headbang:

I'll offer you what you paid for it lol

I'll offer you what you paid for it lol

Nice 46!!!! love that cover.

I'm a big fan of all the early FFs that introduced cool characters. I believe this is the first appearance of an Inhuman in comics.

FF36.jpg

That's purty

I bet there's an inhuman hidden in one of the pre hero books that we haven't learned about yet.

Maybe one of those crazy glob monsters hm

I'm a big fan of all the early FFs that introduced cool characters. I believe this is the first appearance of an Inhuman in comics.

FF36.jpg

Love your copy. I know you purchased some raw Pacific Coast books back in the day. Did you submit this one ?

Yes, this is one of the issues I bought directly from Robert Roter back in '99. It will never stop pizzing me off that I didn't have the sophistication or the savvy to buy the entire run.

Yes, this is one of the issues I bought directly from Robert Roter back in '99. It will never stop pizzing me off that I didn't have the sophistication or the savvy to buy the entire run.

Hey, think of how Roter feels. Selling all the Marvels just before CGC came into existence.

FF36.jpg

That's purty

I bet there's an inhuman hidden in one of the pre hero books that we haven't learned about yet.

Maybe one of those crazy glob monsters hm

I don't think the market at large knows that. This book could actually end up being the "TTA 13", with the current rarity on the census to boot. Super copy indeed. Makes my head hurt seeing all these nice copies.

-J.

Hey, think of how Roter feels. Selling all the Marvels just before CGC came into existence.

Yeah, he fell short by 1 year and several million dollars. :eek:

I bought the FF #14 and #16 when Roter listed the FFs. He was still charging some aggressive prices for the time so I don't feel too bad for him.

I think a guy named Mark Schrueder (sp?) actually flew out to see the books when Roter listed the PC FFs. If I remember correctly, he bought a number of them including the #18.