• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FF 67 or Thor 165?

173 posts in this topic

Which is the First Appearance of Warlock. :baiting:

my opinion:

FF66 is IH180, FF67 is IH181

Marvel Premiere 1 is equivalent of Ms Marvel 1 in your other analogy, I agree, it also deserves recognition. I have all of the books in question, the Thors, FFs, and Marvel Premiere, and Warlocks own series #1, which i think everyone should have as well.

This was my wall at my comic shop in 1996:

GENX04.jpg

I circled my Warlock books. I had two FF67s up there, which is likely because those are the books people refer to as his first appearance. Although, Thor books were patently NOT hot in 1996, so if I had 165, it was probably in the longbox, not worthy of being on the wall.

Ahhh, nostalgia. On a side note: look at all that 90's krap that was so hot it earned it's place on the wall lol

That's a 165 to the right of the 67's.

lol

So it is - nice catch! I guess they've always been hot books.

GENX04.jpg

I circled my Warlock books. I had two FF67s up there, which is likely because those are the books people refer to as his first appearance. Although, Thor books were patently NOT hot in 1996, so if I had 165, it was probably in the longbox, not worthy of being on the wall.

Ahhh, nostalgia. On a side note: look at all that 90's krap that was so hot it earned it's place on the wall lol

lol

I'm a lifelong Warlock fan. I've always loved the pathos and the power of the character and yet his coldly logical mind as well. He's such an enigma. God-like and yet torn. Almost like Superman and spock combined.

I've long considered FF #67 as a key book and never understood why everyone didn't.

Which book do you think it deserves the title and will get more attentions?

Fantastic Four #67 Origin and 1st appearance of Him (Warlock) in cameo OR

Thor #165 1st full appearance of Him (Warlock)?

The cocoon is on the cover so it's not just a cameo. FF #67

GENX04.jpg

lol

I'm a lifelong Warlock fan. I've always loved the pathos and the power of the character and yet his coldly logical mind as well. He's such an enigma. God-like and yet torn. Almost like Superman and spock combined.

I've long considered FF #67 as a key book and never understood why everyone didn't.

I've been a fan since the early 90's - I like those things about him as well. I should look into some of the newer stuff. I stopped reading a lot of Warlock stuff after Infinity Watch (he was written pretty well in the '08 GotG series)

I think that FF 67 and Thor 165 are keys in their own right for the character, I just think Marvel Premiere 1 deserves some attention as well. It has been beat to death before and will get beat to death even more once he shows up in the cinematic MU (they need to discover the Soul Gem/Infinity Stone) - but I hope that we will start seeing some emphasis on MP1 when that happens.

The cocoon is on the cover so it's not just a cameo. FF #67

This reminds me of the Captain America 6/14 debates I had with people last spring regarding the return of bucky.

I am not as well versed in the history of the debate between these two, though I have seen the threads this summer that have helped push up 165. Which of the two is historically more valuable.

The fact that there are twice as many slabbed of the FF shows at the very least that far more people were interested in slabbing the FF book.

oh, and before someone tries to say it has something to do with more people slabbing FF in general. FF 66 has the SAME amount of copies slabbed as Thor 165.

Both, HALF as many as 67. So while these boards and speculators might have jacked up 165 lately, apparently, historically, the market seems to be in favor of 67 by 2:1 of people spending money to slab.

Someone else with more knowledge of the pre-Marvel movie era value of these books is welcome to educate me on the price variance between them historically. But the claims of Market has decided....meh....

To put it simply

FF67 = Hulk 180

Thor165 = Hulk 181

^^

Thor #165 will be the key Adam Warlock book to have.

I posted this one of the other dozen or so threads on this topic...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic Four #66

Nothing…just text on the cover regarding the Cocoon and some 'next issue' HIM on the last panel

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fantastic Four #67 - 1st appearance of Him (Adam Warlock), brief appearance on last page

Cocoon appears on cover

14644837983_8311034a23_c.jpg

Cocoon appearance…2 panels

ff-66-excerpt.jpg[/img]

HIM (Warlock) cameo on last page...2 panels

FantasticFour_067_p20_pnl4-7.jpg

Thor #163

Can find anything at this point...

Thor #164

Cocoon appearance

Thor #165 - 1st full appearance of Him (Adam Warlock)

HIM (Warlock) appears on cover

12737158925_f2434a6fb6_c.jpg

HIM (Warlock) is part of the storyline...need to count panels

Thor+165-07.jpg

Thor+165-08.jpg

Thor+165-13.jpg

Thor+165-14.jpg

Balls[/color]]No love for Marvel Premiere #1?

But, hey - why sweat the details?

Please don't get sweaty Balls! :wishluck:

The other thing Thor 165 has going for it is a slick black cover.

True, also FF67 is a really tough white cover. In all the issues I've bought over the years - I only had one really nice white cover that didn't have dirt, off-color or foxing issues.

Maybe it's because for years collectors have been wipin' their arse with this overblown white T-Bow Thong wearing most non"HIM" looking peas of carp cameo. :whistle:

FF # 67 = first appearance of Him (cameo)

Thor # 165 = first full appearance of Him

Marvel Premiere # 1 = Him becomes Adam Warlock

I agree and voted.

Thor 165 for 3 reasons :

1. First full app

2. He appears on the cover

3. And the most important : cause i have it

Simple and I like it........... but not because I have 13 copies :whistle: