• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sunfire & Big Hero 6

315 posts in this topic

Ok folks, this is the deal.

Sunfire and Big Hero six # 1 (Released September 1998) is the first appearance of Big Hero Six. Period. There is no debate. You can debate the likeness to the movie if you wish, however this is the first appearance of the name of the team and most of the main team members.

--First appearance of Hiro ( Last named changed in the movie, I guess it was too Asian /shrug ) Main character ( antagonist )

--First appearance of Honey Lemon ( in movie )

--First appearance of Go Go Tomago ( in movie )

--First appearance of Baymax ( Robot synthformer that is normally in humanoid form but can change into a dragon for " Fighting" ) In movie.

Sunfire and Big Hero Six # 2 ( Released October 1998 ) Second appearance.

Sunfire and Big Hero Six # 3 ( released November 1998 ) Third appearance.

Alpha flight ( 2nd series ) # 16 ( released Novebmer 1998) Cameo of Honey lemon and an out of story ad announcing Big hero Six will appear in the next issue.

Alpha flight ( 2nd series ) # 17 ( released December 1998 ) 4th appearance. Yes this is the 4th appearance. It was rumored this was the first appearance for some reason, but its not and never has been. Stop wasting your money on this book. It came out 3 months after Sunfire and big hero six # 1.It has been said that Marvel intended to release Sunfire and Big Hero Six # 1 the same month as Alpha Flight # 17 to have some crossover appeal to sell more books. This never happened.

Thunderbolts # 25 ( released April 1999 ) 5th appearance.

Big Hero Six ( 2008 series ) # 1 This is the Chris Claremont Mini series. This is the same team, Claremont just adds much better writing and origins to the story. ( why some people are saying its different is beyond me, its not ) This book is important as it introduces two new team members.

--First appearance of Wasabi ( In movie )

--First appearance of Fred AKA Fredzilla ( In movie )

Sunfire and Big hero six # 1 is the first appearance. It is the " Book to have". Big hero Six # 1 from 2008 is the next most important with two new character introductions. The Variant copy of # 1 ( 2008 ) Is the book to chase as it will probably always be worth more than the first appearance due to its rarity.

The premise of the comics and the movie are quite similar, except that Baymax is a silly house robot servant ( for that movie hyjinx laughter ) in the movie, Instead of a "tough" fighting robot created by Hiro in the comics. He does however attempt to make Baymax into one ( based on the trailers ).

this post is pretty accurate, I agree with most of what is being said in it. Sunfire and Big Hero is the legit first appearance, AF17 is a board hyped book. Sunfire and Big Hero is somewhat akin to MSH#18 a la Guardians, with the 2008 BH series being the one that the movie is most based on, like the modern guardians series to the Guardians movie characters.

Here is a legit comparison picture of baymax to that series, only significant difference is color (green to red).

BH6.jpg

I have every book mentioned in the list above, and the Variant of 2008 is the one I know I wont part with, so I agree in action with silver dreams valuations. My copy of the variant was bought in 2012 from midtown online and was the only copy they had at that time (MCS had none).

Big hero six from the first series and the 2nd series are basically the same. Same team members, same names, same generic plot: Group of teenage kids form a superhero team. Most of the team members have the same powers from the 1st and 2nd series and from what I have seen, will have similar powers in the movie. Not much different here. I am not trying to argue here, as you have said you pretty much agree with me.

The movie will be the same way. Same team name, same character names, same/similar powers. Same generic plot : Teenage kids create a superhero team. The only real difference is how that team is created, and the character Baymax, which the changed from a hard metal robot to a silly air filled house robot. They made this change for young kids to laugh more. The fact that Baymax could transform into a Dragon Robot initially doesn't matter. Hiro still has a Robot companion named Baymax that protects him.

To me, even though Disney was not restricted to the Marvel characters, they in fact are using most of the characters in the same way, same names and powers.

Yes, I would think it's safe to say that Baymax, followed by Hiro are the two getting the most hype and have the most potential to breakout.

I have all of the issues as well, including the Big Hero 6 #1 variant. If you go chasing after it, it is this one:

Not my auction, just an example, but here on eBay.

The one with the same picture, but says "Brave New Heroes" at the bottom is the TPB.

I'm also see a lot of Spider Man: Ends of the Earth #1, just because Big Hero 6 make an appearance? (shrug)

Yes, I would think it's safe to say that Baymax, followed by Hiro are the two getting the most hype and have the most potential to breakout.

I have all of the issues as well, including the Big Hero 6 #1 variant. If you go chasing after it, it is this one:

Not my auction, just an example, but here on eBay.

The one with the same picture, but says "Brave New Heroes" at the bottom is the TPB.

I'm also see a lot of Spider Man: Ends of the Earth #1, just because Big Hero 6 make an appearance? (shrug)

It's not really a TPB or Graphic Novel. It collects the 5 issues of Big Hero 6 but the thickness is much like the new ASM #1 and it's bound just like a regular comic.

Looking in sodl only and a 9.8 of Sunfire and Big Hero six # 1 ended early, asking at $450. The entier mini looks to be doing well. Glad I snagged a set months ago!

wont have sold for that, just means some one sold it off ebay for undisclosed amount.

Looking in sodl only and a 9.8 of Sunfire and Big Hero six # 1 ended early, asking at $450. The entier mini looks to be doing well. Glad I snagged a set months ago!

This one?

Sold for $350.

Not too shabby. While I may have lost out on GotG, I am ready for this one.

The Sunfire #1 has been the hardest for me to track down.

wont have sold for that, just means some one sold it off ebay for undisclosed amount.

A handy trick, I find, is to order the results from highest to lowest. The Best Offers seem to be placed in the list where it should appear based on the actual amount, even if it doesn't show the actual amount, so you can get a sense of the range of the final price, at least. It doesn't work in this case, since it's the highest result.

A handy trick, I find, is to order the results from highest to lowest. The Best Offers seem to be placed in the list where it should appear based on the actual amount, even if it doesn't show the actual amount, so you can get a sense of the range of the final price, at least. It doesn't work in this case, since it's the highest result.

Watch Count

just click on the best offer sales result, then click original listing, then click on Print.

It wont actually print immediately, but switches to a printer friendly page that shows the actual sold for value.

Random thought...

Who created Big Hero 6?

Oh that's right...

Steve Seagle and Duncan Roleau and which book did they work on?

Alpha Flight

That ends the discussion for me. It was meant to be AF and scheduling changed that but not who created and what was intended to be the first appearance.

Just my 2 cents

Random thought...

Who created Big Hero 6?

Oh that's right...

Alpha Flight

That ends the discussion for me. It was meant to be AF and scheduling changed that but not who created and what was intended to be the first appearance.

Just my 2 cents

(shrug)

Random thought...

Who created Big Hero 6?

Oh that's right...

Alpha Flight

Just my 2 cents

Steve Gerber intended to finish the Omega The Unknown story in Defenders, but scheduling prevented him from doing it

Have a nickel

just click on the best offer sales result, then click original listing, then click on Print.

It wont actually print immediately, but switches to a printer friendly page that shows the actual sold for value.

Yep; that's how you have to check Best Offers these days. Not as easy as changing the domain, but at least the info is still available.

Random thought...

Who created Big Hero 6?

Oh that's right...

Alpha Flight

Just my 2 cents

I have always heard about scheduling issues as well when discussing AF 17 vs. Sunfire 1.

Perhaps it is analogous to the X-Men 266 and Annual 14 w/ Gambit?