• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con Still a 3 day con, Sept. 25-27, 2015

398 posts in this topic

I've never had a book graded before, but I'm going to take advantage of the onsite grading in Baltimore. Any prep necessary, as in do I need to fill out any paperwork prior? Any tips for making the process go as smoothly as possible for both myself and CGC?

Be as early as possible.

Just got this from CGC:

On Thursday September 24th at the Baltimore Comic Con during exhibitor setup, CGC will be open and taking books in for On-site grading for dealers only. We request that any and all dealers hoping to submit their books for on-site grading do so on Thursday.

After Thursday we will make the On-site grading service available to general public only to ensure that everyone gets a fair chance to get their books graded. If space allows, we will take dealer submissions after the show opens on Friday and Saturday, but you will have to check at the CGC booth #707 on that day.

:golfclap:

That's fantastic news, and a smart move on CGC's part.

I'd still go straight there Friday morning just to be safe, but man, that's really going to make it easier for the regular fan to submit.

I imagine it'll make it a little easier on the booth workers too, as you'll have many of the bigger submissions out of the way before the show traffic...

If having the two of us asking back-to-back keeps anyone from replying, feel free to hook up CAK first! He is a good guy who has helped me in the recent past, so go right ahead and help him out.

Then me too!

Awe, thanks man, I appreciate that.

if you want to go to the Hartford CT show this weekend, let me know.I'll give you a dealer pass.

I upgraded from 2 6 foot tables last night to 2 10x10 booths so I've got a few extra dealer passes to hand out.

WHO WANTS A BOOK DRY CLEANED/PRESSED IN TIME FOR ON SITE GRADING AT BALTIMORE IN EXCHANGE FOR A BALTIMORE DEALER PASS.............?

If any boardies who will be set up at Baltimore and will also be set up (or attending) the Hartford CT show this weekend and have a dealer pass for Baltimore (or can buy one for me), I will paypal you the cost of a dealer pass, if you don't have any available......

.........and if you have a book that needs to be prepped for onsite grading at Baltimore, I will press (dry clean as needed) a book for you, and bring it with me to Baltimore.

I will be set up at booth # 805 & #806 this weekend at Hartford, drop off a book at my booth (I'll give you a signed pressing form for your peace of mind) and I will dry clean/press said book for you and deliver it to you at your booth in Baltimore.

....and since I get upgraded from 2 6 foot tables at Hartford to 2 10x10 booths due to a cancellation, I have a few extra dealer passes to give out for CT.

Any boardies who wants one, drop me a PM and you can have one, free of charge.

My dealers pass hook up just fell thru so I'm in the boat with everyone else who is looking or one at the last minute. Send me a PM if you know of anyone who has an extra. Even if its just for Friday I just want t get in early to get in line for on-site grading.

And if you know of anyone who is a little light on key books for this con let me know and I'd be interested in talking about consigning items (ASM 300 CG 9.0, Marvel Graphic Novel 4 CGC 9.4, etc.) at their booth. I've got a large batch of Harley & Deadpool books if they are light on those also.

My dealers pass hook up just fell thru so I'm in the boat with everyone else who is looking or one at the last minute. Send me a PM if you know of anyone who has an extra. Even if its just for Friday I just want t get in early to get in line for on-site grading.

And if you know of anyone who is a little light on key books for this con let me know and I'd be interested in talking about consigning items (ASM 300 CG 9.0, Marvel Graphic Novel 4 CGC 9.4, etc.) at their booth. I've got a large batch of Harley & Deadpool books if they are light on those also.

Does that mean you can't get Hector in?

Hector better start looking but I talked to Hector awhile ago and he knew I didn't have a badge for him.

You have set up here before, right? Any idea how early I'd need to get in line to be close to the front on Friday afternoon? I'm seriously considering the $149 VIP badge but it kind of depend on how much time I'll kill waiting in lines to get in.

This is my first time to Baltimore and I don't have a booth there sir.

Is anyone actually selling. :grin: There is going to be a ton of us out of towners scoping out the books at this one.

Planning ahead is my friend. :)

I had a plan, but it turned to dust.

Hence this new plan: offer to buy anyone who gets me a dealer/exhibitor badge a comic. I could buy a comic from their table (bought a sweet Conan 2 from youmechooz at Philly) but I could also buy something FOR them from the show floor. A nice $75-$100 comic mayhaps? Or I could spend double that at their table IF they have something I need, like more SS4 or Doc 169!