• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con Still a 3 day con, Sept. 25-27, 2015

398 posts in this topic

This changes everything for me. I was hoping to glom a dealer's pass gratis and use it to get in early to sub. But I wonder if this means I cannot sub if I have a dealer's badge, or can I sub as long as I do not have a dealer account. Hmmm. thoughts? Mayhaps a call to them tomorrow is necessary.
You'd better ask them, it sounds to me like this applies to dealer accounts, not dealer badges but I don't know for sure.

This changes everything for me. I was hoping to glom a dealer's pass gratis and use it to get in early to sub. But I wonder if this means I cannot sub if I have a dealer's badge, or can I sub as long as I do not have a dealer account. Hmmm. thoughts? Mayhaps a call to them tomorrow is necessary.
You'd better ask them, it sounds to me like this applies to dealer accounts, not dealer badges but I don't know for sure.

Correct. Dealer accts.

So is it an acceptable practice for me to try to get a few books subbed through a dealer if I can't be there? I'd prefer on-site grading, just to eliminate the wait list. I'd gladly pay a fee for service if somebody would be willing to add a few books onto their stack!

It may be tough to get a dealer to give up one of their 50 sub spots. I was thinking the same thing but it looks like I'll be waiting in line Friday morning to hopefully get my stack of books in.

So is it an acceptable practice for me to try to get a few books subbed through a dealer if I can't be there? I'd prefer on-site grading, just to eliminate the wait list. I'd gladly pay a fee for service if somebody would be willing to add a few books onto their stack!

It may be tough to get a dealer to give up one of their 50 sub spots. I was thinking the same thing but it looks like I'll be waiting in line Friday morning to hopefully get my stack of books in.

That's kind of what I'm finding out, unfortunately. I'd love to ship about 5 books to somebody to add to their pile. Someone trustworthy, obviously. :lol:

That's kind of what I'm finding out, unfortunately. I'd love to ship about 5 books to somebody to add to their pile. Someone trustworthy, obviously. :lol:

actually, its perfectly acceptable. And its really not that hard to get a dealer to give up one of their spots. Just overpay them significantly for their help. Whether its 'worth it' or not for you is another question.

If you're serious, and want it done bad enough, just throw out a number and see if you get any takers.

So for the general public you suggest being there to get in line as soon as it opens at 1:00? Will this be a case where there are so many people with submissions that if you are not in line "first thing" then you risk CGC reaching a limit and not accepting your books? I was planning to arrive 3ish but if that means no chance at onsite grading I will go earlier. I had just envisioned you could drop off at their booth anytime Friday or Saturday.

actually, its perfectly acceptable. And its really not that hard to get a dealer to give up one of their spots. Just overpay them significantly for their help. Whether its 'worth it' or not for you is another question.

If you're serious, and want it done bad enough, just throw out a number and see if you get any takers.

I wouldn't even know what to offer or who to contact, besides Gator, which I already contacted. If any dealer going has a few open submission slots, PM me, I'm sure we can work something out.

Baltimore is the only other show (megacon) I accept on site subs from my local customers for, bc we drive the van up there and it is not "costly", transit wise, for me to get slabbed for them... Chicago I fedex books, so even I don't on site sub there...I save all for Baltimore...

I hadn't heard of this 50 book limit and probably already have 60+...I wonder if I will be cut off at 50 hm

So for the general public you suggest being there to get in line as soon as it opens at 1:00? Will this be a case where there are so many people with submissions that if you are not in line "first thing" then you risk CGC reaching a limit and not accepting your books? I was planning to arrive 3ish but if that means no chance at onsite grading I will go earlier. I had just envisioned you could drop off at their booth anytime Friday or Saturday.

You can always try and drop off books, but CGC has a cutoff and that usually happens early in the show. As they get caught up the open up small windows where you can submit, but timing is everything. Watching them in Chicago they were taking submissions most of the first few days (and Chicago was busy for them), so I would imagine the same would be true in Baltimore.

Baltimore is the only other show (megacon) I accept on site subs from my local customers for, bc we drive the van up there and it is not "costly", transit wise, for me to get slabbed for them... Chicago I fedex books, so even I don't on site sub there...I save all for Baltimore...

I hadn't heard of this 50 book limit and probably already have 60+...I wonder if I will be cut off at 50 hm

Yes, unless you make special arrangements ahead of time according to the email. Contact Brittany. I don't suppose you drive to NYCC?

Quick question:

I'm hoping to get my Iron Man #55 signed by Jim Starlin and submitted to CGC for grading. I spoke to CGC, so am all set with their SS process, but can anyone lend a hand with regard to how the signing process goes at this Con? I've tried emailing the Con staff, to no avail.

I'm just curious about how the payment process for the signature is handled (who do I pay, how much, etc)?

Haven't done this before, so just like to know what I'm getting into so I'm prepared.

There's pretty much no chance onsite grading will still be open Saturday - I'd get there first thing Friday morning :thumbsup:

Quick question:

I'm hoping to get my Iron Man #55 signed by Jim Starlin and submitted to CGC for grading. I spoke to CGC, so am all set with their SS process, but can anyone lend a hand with regard to how the signing process goes at this Con? I've tried emailing the Con staff, to no avail.

I'm just curious about how the payment process for the signature is handled (who do I pay, how much, etc)?

Haven't done this before, so just like to know what I'm getting into so I'm prepared.

You pay when you wrap up your paperwork - eg. after the book has been signed and you're ready to close out to the invoice. CGC takes credit cards, checks or cash.

If you're lucky enough that onsite grading is still open when you're submitting your book, you're looking at $60 all included for the cheapest, Economy tier. If not, the prices start at $60 (for the Economy tier with UPS shipping) with about 4 1/2 months turnaround.