• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baltimore Comic-Con Still a 3 day con, Sept. 25-27, 2015

398 posts in this topic

Quick question:

I'm hoping to get my Iron Man #55 signed by Jim Starlin and submitted to CGC for grading. I spoke to CGC, so am all set with their SS process, but can anyone lend a hand with regard to how the signing process goes at this Con? I've tried emailing the Con staff, to no avail.

I'm just curious about how the payment process for the signature is handled (who do I pay, how much, etc)?

Haven't done this before, so just like to know what I'm getting into so I'm prepared.

You pay when you wrap up your paperwork - eg. after the book has been signed and you're ready to close out to the invoice. CGC takes credit cards, checks or cash.

If you're lucky enough that onsite grading is still open when you're submitting your book, you're looking at $60 all included for the cheapest, Economy tier. If not, the prices start at $60 (for the Economy tier with UPS shipping) with about 4 1/2 months turnaround.

Oops, sorry if I confused things...I understand the CGC payment process and procedure for SS books. I meant what is the payment process for Jim Starlin's signature? What money goes to Mr. Starlin, and how? Is there a representative standing at the head of the line taking payments for him? Do I pay in advance and need some kind of receipt? Do I just hand Mr Starlin money?

Also, I'm only attending Saturday so my book will go down to Florida.

Quick question:

I'm hoping to get my Iron Man #55 signed by Jim Starlin and submitted to CGC for grading. I spoke to CGC, so am all set with their SS process, but can anyone lend a hand with regard to how the signing process goes at this Con? I've tried emailing the Con staff, to no avail.

I'm just curious about how the payment process for the signature is handled (who do I pay, how much, etc)?

Haven't done this before, so just like to know what I'm getting into so I'm prepared.

You pay when you wrap up your paperwork - eg. after the book has been signed and you're ready to close out to the invoice. CGC takes credit cards, checks or cash.

If you're lucky enough that onsite grading is still open when you're submitting your book, you're looking at $60 all included for the cheapest, Economy tier. If not, the prices start at $60 (for the Economy tier with UPS shipping) with about 4 1/2 months turnaround.

Oops, sorry if I confused things...I understand the CGC payment process and procedure for SS books. I meant what is the payment process for Jim Starlin's signature? What money goes to Mr. Starlin, and how? Is there a representative standing at the head of the line taking payments for him? Do I pay in advance and need some kind of receipt? Do I just hand Mr Starlin money?

Last time I saw Starlin, he wasn't charging anything for his signature :shrug:

In general, the people who do charge for sigs usually simply ask for cash when they're signing your books - you hand them whatever they're asking for and off you go.

Quick question:

Last time I saw Starlin, he wasn't charging anything for his signature :shrug:

In general, the people who do charge for sigs usually simply ask for cash when they're signing your books - you hand them whatever they're asking for and off you go.

That is surprising. I would have thought a guy like that would certainly charge. Anyhow, I really appreciate your response!

Cheers.

Anyone know what the prices will be for onsite grading? I heard someone say its $25 for modern and I thought it was $50 for older books. Is there a $10 cost for signature series?

Anyone know what the prices will be for onsite grading? I heard someone say its $25 for modern and I thought it was $50 for older books. Is there a $10 cost for signature series?

It's the same for all the onsite shows:

On-site Comic Tier Pricing:

· Modern (comics 1975–present, valued US $200 or less) — US $25

· Economy (comics valued US $300 or less) — US $50

· Standard (comics valued US $1,000 or less) — US $85

· Express (comics valued US $3,000 or less) — US $140

· WalkThru (comics any value) — 3% FMV, min. $225 / max. $3,000

· Signature Series witnessed signature authentication services for on-site grading — Modern Tier grading fee + $11; for all other tiers, add $10 to grading fee (per signature)

· Signature Series witnessed signature authentication services for on-site grading — Modern Tier grading fee + $11; for all other tiers, add $10 to grading fee (per signature)

Thanks a bunch. Never been to a show that did on-site grading before. fun fun

Thanks a bunch. Never been to a show that did on-site grading before. fun fun

get it together n00b

:baiting:

Quick question:

Starlin will only sign in black sharpie, so be prepared.

Quick question:

I have a ton of Starlin sigs in ballpoint pen. Is the sharpie a CGC thing?

Quick question:

I guess I should have been more specific. If you had him a sharpie that is anything but black he won't sign. Maybe ball point pens he can work with. Last time I asked him to sign with a silver sharpie he said he was allergic. Hopefully he changed his stance on that as it was a few years ago.

Quick question:

I guess I should have been more specific. If you had him a sharpie that is anything but black he won't sign. Maybe ball point pens he can work with. Last time I asked him to sign with a silver sharpie he said he was allergic. Hopefully he changed his stance on that as it was a few years ago.

Told me the same thing last year.

I would cover someone's share at the Friday night boardie dinner (no alcohol though, just dinner!) in exchange for a dealer's pass for the weekend. Or I could just buy some nice books at your booth!

If having the two of us asking back-to-back keeps anyone from replying, feel free to hook up CAK first! He is a good guy who has helped me in the recent past, so go right ahead and help him out.

Then me too!

Maybe. I'm organizing it. There's a survey on the board now asking for attendees to vote for a date and venue. I am going to call a couple of restaurants tomorrow and get the final thread up tomorrow for RSVPs.

Could you provide a link for the survey?

Thanks.

Maybe. I'm organizing it. There's a survey on the board now asking for attendees to vote for a date and venue. I am going to call a couple of restaurants tomorrow and get the final thread up tomorrow for RSVPs.

Could you provide a link for the survey?

Thanks.

The Member Dinner is a go. I added a new post for people to RSVP.

I'm looking at getting a sketch or two done at the con (I'll be getting there first thing Friday to set it up) and I was wondering if anyone could give me a suggestion as to who on the list might be good to head to for Rogue or Phoenix sketches? I've been to other cons but I'm finding myself a bitter overwhelmed by the wealth of artists here.