• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big change at CGC

289 posts in this topic

There are plenty of times I've looked at books from 1979 that I would think about grading, but the reality of having to bump them up to the Economy tier dissuaded me from submitting them. It will be nice to have those extra 5 years get the lower price point.

exactly!

such a ray of sunshine....

yah, when it comes to secret mods, CGC's treatment of its customers, dealers ripping off customers, etc, I do like to focus on issues that need debate/correction

I can post something positive for you, CGC has vastly improved buying valuable comic books over the internet. :) Now, we just need to keep on them so they stop treating their customers like Apple

so happy i hadn't sent in some bronze books under Value

I have a sweet fast track Value tier invoice going in at Baltimore.

But they are so awesome, that I don't even care about the tier savings.

You're awesome Sean. ;)

I really am! My awesomeness makes short work of the depressing fact that I ate chia, buckwheat and hemp seed cereal for lunch!!

I know this must have been discussed to death but why the need for different tiers of grading? Does it take longer to grade a 1960s book than a 1980s book? Is it because Silver-Age books are larger? Restoration check more extensive for the older books? I guess I can see a slight bump for higher priced books due to insurance cost but you would think every book would take the same amount of time to grade and check for restoration.

Maybe because SA books are more fragile? :shrug:

such a ray of sunshine....

yah, when it comes to secret mods, CGC's treatment of its customers, dealers ripping off customers, etc, I do like to focus on issues that need debate/correction

I can post something positive for you, CGC has vastly improved buying valuable comic books over the internet. :) Now, we just need to keep on them so they stop treating their customers like Apple

:shrug:

You're awesome Sean. ;)

I really am! My awesomeness makes short work of the depressing fact that I ate chia, buckwheat and hemp seed cereal for lunch!!

With almond milk? That usually minimizes the level of depression found in that fact.

I know this must have been discussed to death but why the need for different tiers of grading? Does it take longer to grade a 1960s book than a 1980s book? Is it because Silver-Age books are larger? Restoration check more extensive for the older books? I guess I can see a slight bump for higher priced books due to insurance cost but you would think every book would take the same amount of time to grade and check for restoration.

Could be. Maybe they take on more risk grading the more fragile books and possibly damaging them and then having more insurance claims. Sounds weak to me but maybe.

You're awesome Sean. ;)

With almond milk? That usually minimizes the level of depression found in that fact.

I wish. It was 1% cow's milk. If I had eaten it from a solid gold bowl with a spoon made of rainbows, it might have reached "OK."

Could be. Maybe they take on more risk grading the more fragile books and possibly damaging them and then having more insurance claims. Sounds weak to me but maybe.

Yeah, I'm not 100% sure. That's just the only thing I could think of to differentiate between the prices.

You're awesome Sean. ;)

:roflmao: Was it this?

Holy