• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big change at CGC

289 posts in this topic

Nice... this is how a company remains relevant and competitive. I look forward to seeing additional changes to stagnant positions and policy but am looking more forward to innovation.

How many people in this thread realize this is just CGC reversing their decision to move the modern tier up to 1980 a few years back.

Well hopefully, at the very least, all the people who have been reading the thread. A little maddening that they moved it in the 1st place.

Absolutely, it was a blunder on their part and halted submissions of a ton of great books! I look forward to grading cool BA horror and war books again!!

Doesn't this mean that the same group of graders will be grading books off the shelves with books nearly 40 years old. It has to effect their judgement when grading.

In what way?

If you follow the argument that a VF/NM is a VF/NM is a VF/NM no matter how old, it shouldn't be a factor?

Myself and many other dealers do it all day long...

it's funny how it's worded to sound like they made the decision on their own instead of being forced

As much as I expect this it still makes me sad that for modern American media this is the norm. :(

Doesn't this mean that the same group of graders will be grading books off the shelves with books nearly 40 years old. It has to effect their judgement when grading.

In what way?

If you follow the argument that a VF/NM is a VF/NM is a VF/NM no matter how old, it shouldn't be a factor?

Agreed but does CGC follow that argument ? The fact that we see 'small amount of glue' or 'small amount of CT' on older books in a blue label shows they don't. The Modern graders probably don't see much resto, stains, dust shadows, etc. They are looking for sharp corners and spine ticks. Maybe they just graded a Modern IDW a 10.0 and along comes a book from 1975 with tanning pages. It's probably going to get hammered.

Nice... this is how a company remains relevant and competitive. I look forward to seeing additional changes to stagnant positions and policy but am looking more forward to innovation.

Yes, I heard the onsite CGC employees will now be required to dress up in suits at conventions. You have to meet your competition head on ! :baiting:

so happy i hadn't sent in some bronze books under Value

I have a sweet fast track Value tier invoice going in at Baltimore.

But they are so awesome, that I don't even care about the tier savings.

This invoice is now an on site Modern invoice.

And Boom Goes the Dynamite!

Buzz,don't think I don't know you,I work for Verizon,I'm in Williamsburg all the time....Buzz........lol,you are cool though.... :hi: