• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big change at CGC

289 posts in this topic

I wish. It was 1% cow's milk. If I had eaten it from a solid gold bowl with a spoon made of rainbows, it might have reached "OK."

I only drink unpasteurized whole milk, so much win it can't be described

It takes time for large companies to make changes.

A company can make changes as quickly or in the case of cgc as slowly as they wish. If they were still a sole monopoly instead of a company that has viable competition from a customer focused company you can bet they would NOT have made a single change. As they see their revenue share drop you can bet they will "listen" to the customer feedback and frame the changes as pure largess on their part.

so happy i hadn't sent in some bronze books under Value

I have a sweet fast track Value tier invoice going in at Baltimore.

But they are so awesome, that I don't even care about the tier savings.

You're awesome Sean. ;)

I really am! My awesomeness makes short work of the depressing fact that I ate chia, buckwheat and hemp seed cereal for lunch!!

:roflmao: Was it this?

Holy

lol Mine was called Qi'a

What's next ?

Free grader notes?

Take it slow now. You don't want to rock anyone's world.

Ha! We all know the only reason this change came about was the competition CGC's commitment to their customers and implementing solutions based soley on customer feedback

CGC recently announced that Modern Tier submissions will be rolled back to 1975.

Link?

http://www.cgccomics.com/news/viewarticle.aspx?IDArticle=4196&CGC-modern-tier

Posted on 9/4/2014

Effective September 5, CGC is expanding the Modern Tier to include books from 1975 to the present.

Certified Guaranty Company (CGC) has announced an expansion of its Modern Tier to include comic books published from 1975 to the present. Previously, only books published after 1980 were eligible for the Modern Tier. The change, which will go into effect on September 5, 2014 allows CGC customers to submit more books under the company’s $18 Modern Tier, as opposed to its $25 Value Tier. The decision to roll back the Modern Tier threshold from 1980 to 1975 was based on collector feedback and CGC’s recent dealer meetings at key industry shows, including San Diego Comic-Con and Wizard World Chicago.

“For 15 years, we’ve been dedicated to helping collectors by providing consistent and accurate third-party grading for a reasonable price,” said CGC Director of Operations Harshen Patel. “This is another step that improves our process and instantly benefits our customers.”

“Within a month of a CGC-graded book selling for a record price of $3.2 million, we’ve found a way to save our customers money on an important segment of Bronze Age books,” added Paul Litch, CGC primary grader. “I think that speaks volumes about our commitment to deliver value to collectors at every level.”

Comic book submissions received by CGC starting on September 5 will be eligible for any applicable price adjustments under the new Modern Tier parameters. An updated submission form reflecting the Modern Tier change will be available on CGCcomics.com on September 5.

key Marvel books now under the modern tier

ASM 194

Nova 1

Xmen 94,

Giant Size X-Men

WWBN 32

Isn't there a value limit, as in a max value for a book to qualify?

$200.

I think you knew that. :baiting: