• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big change at CGC

289 posts in this topic

so happy i hadn't sent in some bronze books under Value

I have a sweet fast track Value tier invoice going in at Baltimore.

But they are so awesome, that I don't even care about the tier savings.

You're awesome Sean. ;)

I really am! My awesomeness makes short work of the depressing fact that I ate chia, buckwheat and hemp seed cereal for lunch!!

With almond milk? That usually minimizes the level of depression found in that fact.

I wish. It was 1% cow's milk. If I had eaten it from a solid gold bowl with a spoon made of rainbows, it might have reached "OK."

buckwheat-poster-card-c10230417_zps5bbf7b3d.jpeg

You're awesome Sean. ;)

I really am! My awesomeness makes short work of the depressing fact that I ate chia, buckwheat and hemp seed cereal for lunch!!

Did your hair grow at all or suddenly sprout out, sir?

You're awesome Sean. ;)

Did your hair grow at all or suddenly sprout out, sir?

Ch-Ch-Ch-Chia!

And for those of you that hail "the competition" as fixing everything that is wrong with CGC, "the competition" is already behind on TAT's as well. And they have been open about 1 month. Can't wait to see what it will be like in a year :frustrated:

I'm resigning myself to the fact that TAT's are just really bad guesses as to when they think they will be done grading your books, both CGC and "the competition".

And for those of you that hail "the competition" as fixing everything that is wrong with CGC, "the competition" is already behind on TAT's as well. And they have been open about 1 month. Can't wait to see what it will be like in a year :frustrated:

I'm resigning myself to the fact that TAT's are just really bad guesses as to when they think they will be done grading your books, both CGC and "the competition".

The bottleneck lately is in encapsulation. If competition doesn't spur them to purchase a new machine or two and smooth that process out then nothing will.

In other words.."You'll get them when you get them".

it's funny how it's worded to sound like they made the decision on their own instead of being forced

i'm sorry CGC but your costumers aren't stupid and know the real reason for this change

i say the $5 fee will be next

personaly i'm waiting a bit to see if the books contunine to bring in the same money as CGC's.......then i will make my decision on what gives me the best value. got to admit the $5 BS fee and grader notes leave a bad taste in my mouth of CGC just nickle and dimeing their costumers

I was told my economy fast track is still another 2 weeks out. So CGC fast track for pre 1980 books is currently at about 7 weeks.

How many people in this thread realize this is just CGC reversing their decision to move the modern tier up to 1980 a few years back.

Well hopefully, at the very least, all the people who have been reading the thread. A little maddening that they moved it in the 1st place.