• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Big change at CGC

289 posts in this topic

i'm sorry CGC but your costumers aren't stupid

Is there some way to prove that statement?

not based on that spelling

meh(shrug)

Costumers dress you while customers buy from you. That's what he's referring to I imagine... (thumbs u

lol i never clamed to be good at spelling......actully i think it's petty when people point things like that out, as if that invaladtes the point being made and people can't infer that i made a spelling mistake and oviously didn't mean people dressing up

lol i know during this i messed up 2-3 different words, but it's the internet and not spelling class so i'm not about to copy/paste just to run a spell check to make people/a person happy

Said in the voice of The Sphinx:

You run the risk of people dismissing your comments, when you are dismissive of grammar, punctuation and spelling.

i disagree, it's a chat board why are people so anial about spelling, you still understood what i was saying and maybe got a laugh over the wrong word being put. if it was an email or ebay i always spell check, and when looking over my sons homework i'll force him to do it correctly bc for some reason he doesn't run a spell check or rewrite the paper bc it's wrong (he hates when i do this)

don't like it, tough. i'm not about to change just to make others happy, just dismiss my statements even if they are valid

I hope your last two paragraphs were an attempt at sarcasm because it is like reading an text from a teenager after a twelve pack of Mountain Dew.

If not, bravo on your overwhelmingly bold stance to prove that you don't care about being understood properly. lol

"When to use an and a"

I love when people try to correct other's grammar and make grammatical mistakes :whistle:

He who casts the first stone and all that stuff…

I wonder if CGC has the same plastic issue like "the other company" .

I recently received a large batch of CGC slabs, and the Barex issue seems to be corrected. Although, when CGC experienced the issue, they didn't tell any customers until they were directly confronted, and they continued to put out the defective inner wells for almost a year until they could burn through the bad Barex stock they received from the supplier:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6920799#Post6920799

i'm sorry CGC but your costumers aren't stupid

Is there some way to prove that statement?

not based on that spelling

meh(shrug)

Costumers dress you while customers buy from you. That's what he's referring to I imagine... (thumbs u

lol i never clamed to be good at spelling......actully i think it's petty when people point things like that out, as if that invaladtes the point being made and people can't infer that i made a spelling mistake and oviously didn't mean people dressing up

lol i know during this i messed up 2-3 different words, but it's the internet and not spelling class so i'm not about to copy/paste just to run a spell check to make people/a person happy

Said in the voice of The Sphinx:

You run the risk of people dismissing your comments, when you are dismissive of grammar, punctuation and spelling.

i disagree, it's a chat board why are people so anial about spelling, you still understood what i was saying and maybe got a laugh over the wrong word being put. if it was an email or ebay i always spell check, and when looking over my sons homework i'll force him to do it correctly bc for some reason he doesn't run a spell check or rewrite the paper bc it's wrong (he hates when i do this)

don't like it, tough. i'm not about to change just to make others happy, just dismiss my statements even if they are valid

I hope your last two paragraphs were an attempt at sarcasm because it is like reading an text from a teenager after a twelve pack of Mountain Dew.

If not, bravo on your overwhelmingly bold stance to prove that you don't care about being understood properly. lol

"When to use an and a"

I love when people try to correct other's grammar and make grammatical mistakes :whistle:

lol

Auto correct on a phone from a to an is not poor grammar nor was I correcting anything but it does make it mock worthy. Kudos.

I recently received a large batch of CGC slabs, and the Barex issue seems to be corrected. Although, when CGC experienced the issue, they didn't tell any customers until they were directly confronted, and they continued to put out the defective inner wells for almost a year until they could burn through the bad Barex stock they received from the supplier:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=6920799#Post6920799

This is offensive. I also hate the "rainbow smudge" issue:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7468529

It directly affects the appearance/presentation.

I love CGC, but these problems...

"When to use an and a"

lol

Auto correct on a phone from a to an is not poor grammar nor was I correcting anything but it does make it mock worthy. Kudos.

I've had my grammar mocked enough that I've got to defend the little guy. Although not capitalizing the first letter of sentences is just nonsensical…

"When to use an and a"

lol

I've had my grammar mocked enough that I've got to defend the little guy. Although not capitalizing the first letter of sentences is just nonsensical…

I will be replying to this as soon as I am done checking for errors. Please hold.

:)

The names people have given to this problem crack me up.

Technically, they're just Newton Rings. And, yeah, I don't really like them either, but I can usually remove or reduce them by sliding a sheet of paper in there to break up the interference pattern.

The Puddling on the other hand...

"When to use an and a"

lol

lol

http://grammar.ccc.commnet.edu/grammar/marks/ellipsis.htm

It appears your use of the ellipsis is incorrect. lol

Your move. :sumo:

:)

The names people have given to this problem crack me up.

Technically, they're just Newton Rings. And, yeah, I don't really like them either, but I can usually remove or reduce them by sliding a sheet of paper in there to break up the interference pattern.

The Puddling on the other hand...

I never minded the rainbow patterns and yes they are easy enough to remove, of course you still get the occasional buyer that freaks out when they receive them and you have to waste time and effort trying to explain that it's normal.

The puddling, especially at the height of the bad Barex, was atrocious, but again I wouldn't have minded so much if they had listened to customer concerns, production flaws can happen. But the CGC response was essentially, 'yes we are are aware of the problem, now go 'spoon' yourself' to anyone that complained. That was easy to do when they had a monopoly a year or so ago, the problem starts when you cease to be a monopoly and those customers remember how they were treated. That is why I found the recent CGC statement regarding the expanded modern tier to be based on 'listening to the customer' to be very disingenuous.

Overall, I'm pleased with the change, regardless of the reason. This means I will be subbing more books, but yes, with a few more changes, CGC could proably reap even greater rewards.

Hopefully, it is just the start of more change to come though. Getting rid of that silly "Admin or Invoice Fee" would be very nice. I HATE having to pay that. Yes, it is not a lot of money, but it does really annoy me. Especially annoying if I am sending books from different tiers. It is akin to other hated fees like "system access fees" or whatever they call them for cell phones. Just a cheap money grab. Free grader notes would be nice too and to me, should just be considered "part of the service" when we send books in to be graded.

As for TAT, if you want your books faster, there is the Fast Track option. I also think TAT will be an issue for the "other company" too though. I have no idea of what the logistics or costs involved in getting another encapsulation machine are, if that is indeed what is slowing down books moving out.

As for what they call the tiers...Why not simply use a letter or number code? Example: Tier A/1 - 1974 to present, etc. There is something to be said for keeping things simple.

Fast track is NOT fast, and why am I paying all this extra money to NOT get my books back anywhere near their stated TAT's? I have a $600.00 bill from them, and my books are still received after a month+. They got their money, I want my books. This is not rocket science.

Correct. The appropriate response to the TaT debate is not, "hey, if you want your books fast, do fast track" lol

I have only fast tracked one order and it was fine as mostly I am somewhat ok to wait...My bad for assuming the service ran as it should or at least close to on schedule :sorry:...However, I do not see anything wrong with offering a "premium" or "faster" service, lots of different companies offer similar things, so long as it delivers of course.

My last fast track from 8/5 is still sitting at "graded" with no clear end in sight.

If I'm giving off a 'hate' vibe, it is not intended. Just wanted to be clear that what you referred to as 'propaganda' was actually factual and well documented. I've made it clear that I like both companies and am glad that there are finally two instead of one. The company I trust the most that provides the best value and customer service for my money will earn my business. There is one that has raised the bar and the other has finally budged to follow, hopefully both try and stay neck and neck over the next few years, at the end of the day, it is the customers that will win.