• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lucifer ordered for a Fox pilot
1 1

504 posts in this topic

ARROW's Kevin Alejandro Joins The Cast Of LUCIFER As A Series Regular

Kevin Alejandro (of Arrow and Golden Boy fame) has joined the cast of FOX's comic book drama/procedural, Lucifer. According to Deadline, he joins the show in a series regular capacity, and will play the role of 'Dan', a gruff LAPD homicide detective, who is resentful towards Lucifer's connection with his wife and daughter. He replaces Nicholas Gonzalez, who originally portrayed the character in the show's pilot episode (directed by Underworld's Len Wiseman).

southland16a.jpg

Comic Con 2015 TV Pilot Review: Lucifer

As played by Tom Ellis, Lucifer is a light-hearted - and sometimes insufferable - with a soft side for fallen angels (of the human variety) and sweet young children. There's not much danger to the character. He says and does a handful of things that could be considered improper, but there is nothing at all genuinely sinister or evil about him. I get that he's our protagonist and we're meant to love his peculiar ways, but couldn't they have given him the slightest edge? He's the devil, for the love of God, and in an age where anti-heroes rule the small screen, it's odd to see how timid this portrayal of the Prince of Darkness is. Lauren German's Chloe is actually the more intriguing character, although she's not handed much in the way of fascinating subtext to chew on. (Her biggest issue is that she's recognized for a topless scene in a cheesy B-movie from years back.) Both actors have considerable screen presence but neither are able to fully make their characters anything other than one-dimensional: He's a funny jerk, she's his straight-laced - but not prudish - galpal. The end.

I suppose there is room for Lucifer to grow; it's unfair to judge the show's potential based on just the first episode. But this is TV land, where first impressions are crucial and the landscape is always changing in bigger, darker ways. For all his notoriety, Lucifer has a lot to prove in this playground, and so far he doesn't seem up to tussling with the tough kids.

5/10 Stars

FOX Announces Lucifer Series Premiere Date

FOX's Lucifer will debut in January and benefit from one of the biggest lead-ins in TV: The X-Files.

The new drama starring Tom Ellis premieres Monday, January 25 at 9 p.m. ET/PT, after the time period premiere of The X-Files at 8 p.m.

luciferposter-158129.png

I like the logo.

I liked the pilot well enough, the lead is charismatic and German has incredible eyes, but I'm not sure how they are going to a lot of episodes out of it, at least that interests me. It's a procedural and there's a lot of comp. out there for that.

I liked the pilot well enough, the lead is charismatic and German has incredible eyes, but I'm not sure how they are going to a lot of episodes out of it, at least that interests me. It's a procedural and there's a lot of comp. out there for that.

It is a fair point. I do wonder how they will keep this going past one season without the thrill wearing off that this is Lucifer we are watching.

‘Lucifer’ Cast Explain the Politics of Hell and Changes from the Comics

The cast explained to us a little but about what motivates Lucifer to leave hell, with Tom Ellis describing it at first as the aforementioned “vacation”:

“He’s like, I’m out of here. I’ll be back when I fancy. I’ll leave you guys to it. [And it’s] grown into a sabbatical that is continually deferred by Lucifer because he is more and more intrigued by this thing and you find out more and more resentful about the role he was given in life. And so that as you can imagine causes some stress points between them and she is caught a dilemma of having to serve her master who she loves and wondering what is best for him.”

Ellis continued that Lucifer’s interactions with Chloe lead him to a crisis of self-discovery, “The disarming of Lucifer in that situation mean he’s now open to feeling things he has never felt before. And that is his existential crisis, because it was very simple for him before that. ”

Judy and I went in with a clean slate, having never read even one issue of the comic. We were both entertained and pleasantly surprised. Viewers who read comics are outnumbered by those who don't by a very large percentage.... maybe even 90%...... if the show is fresh and consistent it may well succeed even if the cognoscenti hate it.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I saw it when it first leaked, and liked it. The main actor has a lot of personality, while also coming across like he has a secret none of us are in on. So he fits the role.

I guess if you want to find holes in scripts or negatives associated with characters to call out, many of these early shows can provide opportunities for that. Me, I'm just loving the steady flow of comic book shows like never before.

:whee: