• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lucifer ordered for a Fox pilot
1 1

504 posts in this topic

Lucifer Renewed For Season 2

lucifer-177965.jpg

“We knew we had something special with Lucifer, from the engaging performances of Tom [Ellis], Lauren [German], and the rest of the charismatic cast, to Len Wiseman’s visually stunning look of the show and the amazing storytelling savvy of the Bruckheimer team,” said Fox Entertainment president David Madden in a press release.

:applause:

Yup, good stuff....and, more on that....

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/lucifer-rosewood-renewed-fox-1201748432/

"Lucifer” premiered in January and has been among Fox’s best performing new series. According to Fox, it is averaging 10.5 million total viewers across multiple platforms."

FWIW, I sold a Lucifer #1 CGC 9.8 for $224.99, a couple weeks back.

The other cheaper BIN's were snatched up and no CGC 9.8's were listed in auctions, either.

Talking LUCIFER With Tom Ellis

So exactly how does a guy go about becoming Lucifer?

It was pilot season last year and I'd been sent quite a few scripts. I'd basically just come off the back of doing Rush, and so I felt like I was in a slightly different position than I'd been before. I had been quite judicious about the scripts I was reading, but nothing was really taking my fancy until I pulled this -script out, Lucifer. I have to say, within about three or four pages I thought it was hilarious; I laughed out loud a couple of times and knew this is the one that I wanted to do. I met Len Wiseman, who had been brought on as director, and thankfully Len and I had sort of seen the character in a very similar light. From there on basically the studio was on board and that was it, really. It was pretty seamless.

But what was it about that -script that made you really want to do it?

I've worked a lot in comedy. As much as I love playing dramatic roles, it's always nice to be able to have some humor around when working. It was just different in the concept and the character was a different character to a lot of the ones I'd been reading.

When you look at an episode like "A Priest Walks Into A Bar," talk about the power of what the show can be... Lucifer bonds with a priest, a man he doesn't initially trust but ultimately ends up having faith in.

Exactly. I was so excited about that episode when I first got it. Within any first season you're trying to work out the identity of the show, what we are capable of doing in this show and how it's going to present itself. I'm pretty sure as a standalone episode it was fantastic. I think people would have been shocked to know that we were even allowed to film in a church. Thankfully, there was a church in Vancouver that let us shoot in it, because they realized the power of what the episode was. I thought that was a very gracious and understanding gesture. It took the idea of Lucifer and put him up against a genuinely good man, who really struck a chord with him. That scene when they bonded over the music in the Lux - sharing the piano - was not only the most fun I've ever had, but it was lovely stuff that you don't always get to do. Especially on TV. But it was an unspoken bond happening between them... A really interesting episode.

full interview

I like Tom Ellis in the role. He seems to be enjoying it.

Talking LUCIFER With Tom Ellis

So exactly how does a guy go about becoming Lucifer?

It was pilot season last year and I'd been sent quite a few scripts. I'd basically just come off the back of doing Rush, and so I felt like I was in a slightly different position than I'd been before. I had been quite judicious about the scripts I was reading, but nothing was really taking my fancy until I pulled this -script out, Lucifer. I have to say, within about three or four pages I thought it was hilarious; I laughed out loud a couple of times and knew this is the one that I wanted to do. I met Len Wiseman, who had been brought on as director, and thankfully Len and I had sort of seen the character in a very similar light. From there on basically the studio was on board and that was it, really. It was pretty seamless.

But what was it about that -script that made you really want to do it?

I've worked a lot in comedy. As much as I love playing dramatic roles, it's always nice to be able to have some humor around when working. It was just different in the concept and the character was a different character to a lot of the ones I'd been reading.

When you look at an episode like "A Priest Walks Into A Bar," talk about the power of what the show can be... Lucifer bonds with a priest, a man he doesn't initially trust but ultimately ends up having faith in.

Exactly. I was so excited about that episode when I first got it. Within any first season you're trying to work out the identity of the show, what we are capable of doing in this show and how it's going to present itself. I'm pretty sure as a standalone episode it was fantastic. I think people would have been shocked to know that we were even allowed to film in a church. Thankfully, there was a church in Vancouver that let us shoot in it, because they realized the power of what the episode was. I thought that was a very gracious and understanding gesture. It took the idea of Lucifer and put him up against a genuinely good man, who really struck a chord with him. That scene when they bonded over the music in the Lux - sharing the piano - was not only the most fun I've ever had, but it was lovely stuff that you don't always get to do. Especially on TV. But it was an unspoken bond happening between them... A really interesting episode.

full interview

I like Tom Ellis in the role. He seems to be enjoying it.

I like him as well. He's doing an excellent job in the role. I'm enjoying this show quite a bit. (thumbs u

Another really fun episode. And that is wild to say on a show about the Devil. Lucifer singing at someone's wake to make it more upbeat...just the look on his face when he gets yelled at.

lol

'The Devil usually has imbecile gaydar.'

I was surprised they included that line.

Another really fun episode. And that is wild to say on a show about the Devil. Lucifer singing at someone's wake to make it more upbeat...just the look on his face when he gets yelled at.

lol

Minor quibble, but I believe he said impeccable rather than imbecile.

Still loving this show, though...and am curious where they plan to take it. Great news about the renewal!

lol

Minor quibble, but I believe he said impeccable rather than imbecile.

Still loving this show, though...and am curious where they plan to take it. Great news about the renewal!

Dang Android! It auto-corrected my word to 'imbecile' instead of 'impeccable'.

:ohnoez:

lol

But yes - it was very clear he said 'impeccable' and surprised me they used that line.

I've really grown to like this show, despite a few quibbles. Loved the finale...can't wait until it comes back next year. I really hope they delve into hell more but am guessing they probably won't do that very much.

Wonder who'll play mom?

This show kinda replaced Sleepy Hollow as my go-to "batcrap crazy dose of complete supernatural nonsense" favorite show after that show fell apart in season 2 & was unable to recapture its awesome nonsensical insanity factor in season 3.

This show kinda replaced Sleepy Hollow as my go-to "batcrap crazy dose of complete supernatural nonsense" favorite show after that show fell apart in season 2 & was unable to recapture its awesome nonsensical insanity factor in season 3.

+1

I really liked the first two seasons of Sleepy Hollow. But then it got odd with the reveal of the 60 (+) year-old son.

But with Lucifer, this is a crazy, fun show with some wild characters.

Lucifer is getting a mommy.

Lucifer Casts Tricia Helfer As The Devil's Mother In Season 2

lucifer-helfer-186905.jpg

Lucifer's Tom Ellis will be getting a visit from his dear mother Charlotte this season, who will be played by Tricia Helfer (Battlestar Galactica, Suits). The suddenness of her appearance leads to suspicions from Lucifer and that sets the tone for season two (via TV Line). Showrunner Joe Henderson spoke about how season two allows them to add their own bits to the Lucifer mythology.

“In the comics and common mythology, it’s really not something that’s been established, so this is us doing a little world building,” said Henderson. “This is us taking a step and exploring the answer to a question a lot of people never asked and staking our own claim. There are a lot of directions we can go and we’ve chosen one that we’re really excited about.”

I was finally catching up on the last season of Supernatural and they did a clever shout out to Lucifer in one of the episodes. Someone asked (the Supernatural version of) Lucifer what he would do if he ever got out of hell. His answer was "I don't know, maybe move to Los Angeles and solve crimes." lol