• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Lucifer ordered for a Fox pilot
1 1

504 posts in this topic

Surprisingly solid. Didn't love it, but didn't dislike it by any stretch either. It still had an early-Castle-but-w/-Satan feel to it that I expected, but Satan wasn't quite as charming as Castle. And instead of Beckett, it was a little bit of a discount version of the sister cop lady from Dexter (I can't remember her name because I only binged 2 seasons of it in a week like 5 years ago).

And I can't help but always see DB Woodside as the 2nd President Palmer (on 24), so seeing him as an angel (maybe?) was a little jarring.

But I'll give it a few more episodes & see if it grows quickly enough. Definitely wasn't a huge turn-off by any stretch. But of the bat-guano-insane-supernatural-cop-procedurals that are on, while it didn't have that Season 1 of Sleepy Hollow insanity nor did it have the instant chemistry & charm of the 2 leads of that show, but it's got potential to grow. I'm giving it a 7/10 so far with some potential to go in either direction. If it gets mired down in too much "case of the week"-itis it definitely has the potential to sink fast though.

Watching it now on demand, it is a lot better than the previews looked.

The ratings were solid last night and considering it will have a show like X-Files as a lead in, that will certainly help.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/ratings-the-x-files-monday-premiere-fox-lucifer-hot-1201688915/

I liked it as well. It's going to follow Gotham when it's back on after X-Files ends, so it'll still be a good transition with DC back to back shows.

I watched the 2nd episode last night, IMO it's a decent show.

After seeing the trailer a couple months back, I got the impression it was going to be a watered down piece of shlop, along the lines of NBC's Constantine.

Lucifer , while it is not dark/edgy, has avoided the mistakes that Constantine suffered from.It is simply an hour's worth of fun escapism entertainment.

Not too dull, nor all that edgy, either....but there really is a limited avenue that a show on Fox, based on a Vertigo book, could really take.

Very rarely will you see a network TV show that intelligently tackles morality....last show in that vein, that I can think of, was Homicide on NBC...from the late 1990's.

The show that I am really looking forward to watching is Preacher.

AMC has shown with shows like Breaking Bad and Mad Men, that they are capable of producing intelligent dramas with a dark underbelly.

The Preacher trailer painted the picture that the show will follow in that tradition.

Back to Lucifer....

The lead in from Gotham makes very good sense: both shows are comparable in terms of generalities and the time slots compliment one another very well.

Here is another bit on Lucifer's popularity....

http://variety.com/2016/more/news/lucifer-heats-up-as-the-most-searched-fox-drama-of-the-season-1201693618/

Jeremy Davies

jeremy-davies-1-sized.jpg

Constantine

Role: Ritchie Simpson

Episodes: A Whole World Out There; Non Est Asylum.

Lucifer

Role: Nick Hofmeister

Episodes: Lucifer, Stay. Good Devil.

I thought that was him.

Judy and I went in with a clean slate, having never read even one issue of the comic. We were both entertained and pleasantly surprised. Viewers who read comics are outnumbered by those who don't by a very large percentage.... maybe even 90%...... if the show is fresh and consistent it may well succeed even if the cognoscenti hate it.... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

Same here. Just finished the first two eps (Hulu) but never read the comic. I enjoyed it quite a bit. I love procedurals (reflected in my love of PCH/Marvel Pre-Hero) and this seems a good one.

Jeremy Davies

Constantine

Lucifer

I thought that was him.

He was great in LOST.

Jeremy Davies

Constantine

Lucifer

I thought that was him.

He was great in LOST.

He was also pretty awesome in Justified...probably my favorite role of his so far.