• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I look at that shot and other than Katana I have no idea who any of those people are. This film is not for me.

+1

The more I see the less I want to see.

And Margot needs to do some squats. lol

Will probably have to wait for the reviews before I plunk down $50 for a couple of tickets to check it out.

-J.

Suicide Squad Director Says Affleck Is An Awesome Batman & Leto Is The King Of Planet Joker

In the film, Amanda Waller (Viola Davis) is the one that puts together the Suicide Squad -- Deadshot (Will Smith), Harley (Margot Robbie), Killer Croc (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje), Rick Flag (Joel Kinnaman) and Katana (Karen Fukuhara) -- but behind-the-scenes it was director David Ayer (Fury) that convinced these talented actors to take part in the newly forming DC Cinematic Universe.

Though, his biggest get may be Oscar-winner Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club) to play The Clown Prince of Crime. “He’s the king of Planet Joker,” Ayer praised to USA Today.

And when you add Batman’s archnemesis to the mix, it helps to have The Dark Knight (Ben Affleck) make an appearance as well. “We made him fight,” the director said of Affleck. “He’s awesome (as Batman). ... You really sense that but for the grace of God he himself would be doing some really foul stuff out in the world.”

Affleck can't discuss details regarding his role in Suicide Squad, but he express admiration for what he saw of it. “It felt like I have such a cool cousin,” he said. “This thing that is so awesome is somehow related to me, and that was really exciting because it started to feel like a constellation of things, and I’ve never had that feeling.”

All in on this. While I like the Suicide Squad it's not religion to me (admittedly religion isn't religion to me though). Director has not made a bad film (edit: recently lol - I liked his last two and he wrote a couple others I liked, including Training Day) , and I really want DC to work on the big screen in a way it isn't for me right now. Some of the designs are uninteresting to me, but it will have Batman, our first Harley, Big Willie Style and an Eastwood in it? In.

As an asian I'm always down for seeing one of us on screen in of these things too.

I think this thing's floor is a fun movie.

I wonder if he'll sing the theme song to this one...

I like him as an actor. That doesn't mean he has to add a song to the soundtrack.

Please, no.

I can just hear it now...

"Suicide Squad, Floyd Lawton, Deadshot, rough rider. No you don't want nada. None of this, gun in this, brotha runnin this, hired soldier..."

;)