• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I think Suicide Squad will blow away Superman/Batman at the BO

That's going to be a VERY tall order since the movie is doing so well. $424 million opening weekend isn't anything easy to beat.

Harley's got this.

The average non-comic fan isn't going to go see this because of Harley. They haven't ever heard of her. Batman v Supermsn had two pretty well established household names, putting it mildly. If the non-comic fan goes to this, the draw is probably either the Joker or Will Smith.

Very much looking forward to this, no chance it surpasses BatmanVSuperman at the box office. Think about how much goodwill Guardians got as word of mouth, and it didn't do a Billion.

It could get a nice jump though depending on how well BvS is received, which we won't actually know until the next two weeks.

Also, look at the schedule. Sandwiched in-between the new Bourne movie and I think Sausage Party after, which I have a feeling is going to do well. Leading up to it before Bourne you have Ghostbusters and Star Trek. That's a lot of franchises squeezed in that 4 weeks.

Not to mention two fairly big animated releases in that time.

I think Suicide Squad will blow away Superman/Batman at the BO

That's going to be a VERY tall order since the movie is doing so well. $424 million opening weekend isn't anything easy to beat.

Harley's got this.

The average non-comic fan isn't going to go see this because of Harley. They haven't ever heard of her. Batman v Supermsn had two pretty well established household names, putting it mildly. If the non-comic fan goes to this, the draw is probably either the Joker or Will Smith.

I know a few women who have seen the Suicide Squad trailer (because I MADE them watch it) - and after they all asked about Harley's character. Mixed reviews on Will Smith's hotness tho. I'll make comic book fans of them yet...

Suicide Squad's Jared Leto Explains Why He Did Something Different With His Joker

"The work that's been done on this character by so many people before me has been so impactful," Leto told EW, "so incredible, so much fun, so profound, so risky, that it's a very special thing to be asked to take on that responsibility."

He looks at playing The Joker the same way someone might approach a role in a Shakespeare play that's been so well-defined by many actors before him.

"Whether you’re a composer working on a piece of music that was written a century ago, or you’re an actor on stage, reinterpreting a play - it’s very common these days. Directors take on great works of cinema, actors reinterpret roles, that’s been going on for a great deal of time. From Scarface to Hamlet. In some ways it’s really interesting to reinterpret, redefine. It a weighty thing to do. But it’s exciting. The Joker is one of those roles," Leto said. "He was written brilliantly when he was first shared with the world 75 years ago."

"Whether you’re a composer working on a piece of music that was written a century ago, or you’re an actor on stage, reinterpreting a play - it’s very common these days. Directors take on great works of cinema, actors reinterpret roles, that’s been going on for a great deal of time. From Scarface to Hamlet. In some ways it’s really interesting to reinterpret, redefine. It a weighty thing to do. But it’s exciting. The Joker is one of those roles," Leto said. "He was written brilliantly when he was first shared with the world 75 years ago."

NHKdh.jpg

Killer Croc looks ridiculous. What is up with DC trying to translate some of their goofier character designs to live action? Marvel has mostly skipped their more ludicrous characters.

The most insane realistic translation to the screen I'm aware of is King Shark on Flash this year. I haven't seen this season yet...was he as dumb as he looks? :eek:

ks.jpg

The most insane realistic translation to the screen I'm aware of is King Shark on Flash this year. I haven't seen this season yet...was he as dumb as he looks? :eek:

One of the best episodes of the season when Flash takes on King Shark.

Giant mistake to re-configure at this late stage. I question why they didn't include the playful humor in the first place? Suggests more bad writing.

I feel whatever they add now will feel "tacked on" and out of place.

I know folks love that flash tv show but that looked dumb

Love it. Its slightly corny but it is one of the show I never miss.