• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I have to say that most of that trailer looked terrible - especially that stupid Joker laughter.

The sooner that DC/Warners put everything they have into a Batman movie the better.

Yeah cause the real Joker has a better laugh...Heads up! There is no such thing as the Joker, he doesn't exist in real life so there is nothing to base it off of..oh that's right, if it's not Mark Hamill doing the voice, then it isn't any good cause people are so closed minded they can't open up their small comic book brain to allow anyone else to come in and give their version.

This comic book geek mentality of "Bash it until they prove me wrong" is getting old already.

I don't know anything about Suicide Squad but Leto is at the top of his craft. And I love what little I've seen of his Joker. If Leto wasn't in this, I would skip it. Ayer has been hit or miss for me lately. He did End of Watch which was great then the ridiculous Sabotage and then returned to great with Fury.

Yeah, Leto is a great actor. I can't see his Joker being the weak link in this movie. What has he ever done that he wasn't really good in?

If not for him, I'd probably skip this one as well.

I really want SS to be good. What worries me right now is the marketing. Is WB sending the wrong message about this movie? We get the Bohemian Rhapsody trailer that gave a little bit more light view of the movie. Then there is a leak that says all the jokes were in that one trailer. Then they start massive extensive re-shoots. Some report it is because of BvS others say because it was positive response to the trailer, then Ayer says otherwise all together.

I like this latest trailer, but I liked the previous one better. Again it seems to put some lighter elements mixed in more actions, and BATMAN. Again WB seems to be pandering or adjusting to BvS. Ben got a generally good reaction, so lets make sure people know Batman is in this movie also!!! Despite the fact that it has been confirmed to be little more than a cameo. On the plus side it does not look like the entire plot has been revealed this time around.

I guess, I just feel like the marketing is feeling very jumbled and reactionary. I hope they are not damaging SS chances.

I think people are worrying too much after the critics' reaction to BvS. This looks like it will be a good movie in the Deadpool mold, not simpler and lighter fare like a Marvel Studios flick. Will that hamper its ticket sales a bit? Maybe, but I would rather see a darker movie after all of the summer popcorn flicks start off with Civil War.

so we can say the movie prime story is between MOS and BvS with some flash back to maybe 5 or 10 years before MOS.

Or somewhere around 'my Superman doesn't kill' and 'my Superman smiles more' - or thereabouts.

(:

so we can say the movie prime story is between MOS and BvS with some flash back to maybe 5 or 10 years before MOS.

Or somewhere around 'my Superman doesn't kill' and 'my Superman smiles more' - or thereabouts.

(:

or i killed your birdie

I have to say that most of that trailer looked terrible - especially that stupid Joker laughter.

The sooner that DC/Warners put everything they have into a Batman movie Bruce Timm in charge the better.

lol

i'd be on board with that! (thumbs u

Will Smith Presents SUICIDE SQUAD At Cinemacon

While promoting the film at Cinemacon in Las Vegas, Smith described the realism that David Ayer brought to the comic book movie and addressed the amount of comedy that will be on display.

"It’s definitely concentrated on a certain amount of levity set into a serious, harsh reality," said the Concussion actor. "He continued, "So what [director] David Ayer did that was really good is he didn’t allow us to be in a comic-book movie. You’re playing this character, but this character has real ideas, has real feelings. So he set us firmly into this authentic world, but then allowed for the comedy. It shifts, it moves around. It is really violent, and then there’s beautiful scenes. Deadshot has a daughter. It covers a lot of ground. It’s not a full-out comedy. It is a superhero movie in its definition. There’s heavy action to it. We shot real hardcore military war-type action. But it’s also really funny. In one scene, Boomerang [Jai Courtney] sits down and has a beer while we’re fighting."

Smith also touched on what it was like working with Jared Leto..er, the Joker. Smith stated that all the wacky antics pulled by the Dallas Buyers Club actor only served to raise the level of performances from the rest of the cast. "It’s the first time I’ve ever seen [Jared Leto] not as the Joker. He’s a nice guy! He’s not the kind of guy that’ll send a rat and a dead pig to your rehearsal. That was the craziest s–t, dude. He was all in. All in. He really raised the bar for the rest of us. We were having such a great time. And then we saw Jared’s first [screen] test, and we were like, 'Uh, Jared is taking this s–t really seriously. We need to stop f–king around."

I like this.

A longtime DC Comics reader, Ayer stated that he put a lot of effort into crafting subtle references that comic book fans would pick up on. "Well the film has to work on two levels, it’s gotta work for the people that know and love the comics and it’s gotta work for the people that know nothing about the comics, and I think it’s gonna work for both. I dug deep in this and really researched the canon, pulled storylines from a lot of different sources, characters from a lot of different sources, and it all works together really well. But I think for someone that doesn’t know any of it, it works great too. It’s dense, let’s just say it’s really dense. There’s a lot of imagery, there’s a lot of nods, and there’s a lot of Easter Eggs."

:whee:

I love the Leto Joker laugh myself.

Sounds a little like my buddy when he has an asthma attack. lol

Also, the "jokes" in these re-shoots that we just saw in this new trialer all fell flat, and, as I feared , Will Smith is just being Will Smith in this.

-J.

Will Smith Teases A Very Cool Ending To Suicide Squad

"It was really great to play this particular character with this particular group of people with this director," Smith says of working on Suicide Squad. "David Ayer, he's created this big, gigantic world - this Batman world. But he was also only focused on the characters. so, to do the level of character work that he was willing to do with understanding an assassin and then how that assassin interacts with the Joker and Harley Quinn... It was a great... It wasn't just fun in terms of the little boy elements of running around, jumping, and shooting. It was fun to treat Deadshot like a real person."

"The ending of the movie is - spoiler free - the ending of the movie is a really unique way to have everybody collide," Smith explained. "I'd never been in a scene like this with as many different elements as take place in the final sequence. It's very cool."

Suicide Squad Director On How Much Batman Is In The Film

"Just the right amount," says director David Ayer when we asked how much Batman we'll get to see in the film. As for when Suicide Squad takes place -- before or after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice -- and whether it will acknowledge the events of BvS, Ayer was reluctant to go into details, simply saying "the answer to all of the above is yes."

In the trailer, we see the bat interacting with Joker and Harley via the vehicle scene, but he also locks horns with Deadshot at some point, according to Will Smith. "The Bat does cross my path... and, ya know, it's not completely pleasant." Same goes for Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who plays Killer Croc.

Could we get a Killer Croc vs. Batman scene?

:wishluck:

Suicide Squad Director On How Much Batman Is In The Film

"Just the right amount," says director David Ayer when we asked how much Batman we'll get to see in the film. As for when Suicide Squad takes place -- before or after Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice -- and whether it will acknowledge the events of BvS, Ayer was reluctant to go into details, simply saying "the answer to all of the above is yes."

In the trailer, we see the bat interacting with Joker and Harley via the vehicle scene, but he also locks horns with Deadshot at some point, according to Will Smith. "The Bat does cross my path... and, ya know, it's not completely pleasant." Same goes for Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who plays Killer Croc.

Could we get a Killer Croc vs. Batman scene?

:wishluck:

And have the joker revealed to be Jason Todd as well. :wishluck::wishluck:

Edited by kimik