• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I really do hope this movie pulls off a surprise win.

oqEMZKb.png

Steven Seagal looks good in this.

:gossip: It's actually Kicking Wing from Joe Dirt.

Yeah, couldn't be Seagal. The title is only two words, not three.

How David Ayer Chose The Characters For Suicide Squad

When sitting down with Comicbook.com and other press at a Suicide Squad set visit, director David Ayer opened up a bit about that process, pulling from classic John Ostrander Suicide Squad comics, newer DC stories like New Suicide Squad, and even pulling in new characters that haven't been traditionally associated with Task Force X.

"You almost have to go back to the beginnings and look at Kane's Batman and look at the origins of Superman, and work your way through the canon and how it's evolved as society has changed," Ayer told the assembled reporters. The director, who was involved in development of the story from the very start. "For me it was going into the original suicide Squad which is very interesting because it's a product of kind of a bi-polar world. These guys were fighting the Russians. It was very 80's, you know, and I'm a child of the 80's. I totally understood where they're coming from. You can really see how, in today's world, where the government sometimes engages in murky activities to solve problems and make us safe. Where you could sort of see something like this happening and how would it happen today?"

From there, for Ayer, "It's like building a family, you just look for who is going to be complementary to each other. This is kind of a new venture and it's a lot of characters to introduce. You're looking for that team and that family with interlocking skills that will complement everybody else."

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje Talks About Killer Croc's "Tortured Childhood" In SUICIDE SQUAD

During the Suicide Squad set visits, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje spoke about bringing one of the most fearsome members of the Dark Knight's rogues gallery to life, and shining a light on his human side.

"We’re not about just making this beast. We’re making a being," Akinnuoye-Agbaje told IGN. "He’s somewhat tortured and abused from his childhood. It dictates his reactions, from him wanting to go underground. He’s always been ostracized and ridiculed for how he looks. What he’s done is embrace that. Instead of saying ‘I’m ugly’, he’s says ‘I’m beautiful’. Instead of going underground as if he’s hiding, he says ‘this is my kingdom’. He’s kind of reversed some of his childhood abuse into allowing him to become what he is, which is really the next threat to take over Gotham. That’s really what his ultimate goal is. One of the reasons is probably because obviously power, respect but people liking him. And if you don’t, you’re going to have to if he’s got power. So all of those elements play into it."

"I think it’s pretty much how he expresses himself. He’s very primal, carnal. He’s a creature. And those felines, those are his brethren. And so, if he’s making sculptures that reflect that, it may be a pet that he may have had when he was a child. Things like that. He’s very creative. Again, another aspect that you’re going to see to him, just when you think you’ve got him pegged, he does something very surprising and makes these beautiful sculpted pieces. It’s a testament to the gentle, creative side of him. David [Ayer] is very much about bringing that out and juxtaposing it with the visceral, viscous, barbaric creature that he has to be when he needs to be."

XFuqKa6.jpg

Jared Leto has decided to tease fans with a new photo of the Joker's iconic smile, and it is the stuff of nightmares. The image is either from the set of Rick Ross and Skrilex's "Purple Lamborghini" music video or from the set of Suicide Squad.

And what influenced the look.

SUICIDE SQUAD Joker Infuenced By Joker Graphic Novel By Brian Azzarelo - Designer Says

Costume designer, Kate Hawley, talked about designing the character's look in a set visit. This is what she said, and teased the source of inspiration.

"They're all wearing versace and Balmain and all of that. David wanted that world. When we go into this club scene in his and Harley's world, they're not the only freaks in there. There's this high-end, almost like a Studio 54 thing. It's like everyone's [frick]ed up in this world and there's a normality to it. There's that beautiful book which actually I based some of the jester stuff we were playing around with."

When asked if he was talking about the graphic novel Joker then Hawley confirmed it, saying "That I'd say has the closest visual quality to what David is trying to get to".

Suicide Squad Character Mini-Trailers Feature New Footage & Dialogue

To celebrate advance tickets for Suicide Squad going on sale, Warner Bros. has released a new set of character breakdown videos that reveal new footage (and, in some cases, new dialogue) from the movie and offer a brief introduction each member of Task Force X. Check out the videos below, courtesy of the stars’ various social media accounts.

Like Suicide Squad, Batman's appearance in the Joker GN is limited:

tumblr_n3aqb4cyzp1r2qtspo2_1280.jpg

A great one liner from Bats there. Maybe that will be the inspiration for Batman's dialogue in SS... more Batfleck, less Yap-fleck ;)

Im curious, what does batman let be seen.

Like Suicide Squad, Batman's appearance in the Joker GN is limited:

tumblr_n3aqb4cyzp1r2qtspo2_1280.jpg

A great one liner from Bats there. Maybe that will be the inspiration for Batman's dialogue in SS... more Batfleck, less Yap-fleck ;)

Im curious, what does batman let be seen.

You'll find out in three weeks.

...I just saw a new trailer on TV...I still can't help but just see "Will Smith" every freaking time instead of "Deadshot"...I guess that is part of the challenge when you get a "big name" playing a character.

Not only that but it's Will Smith with a shaved head. NOT the best look for you, Will...

It's actually not the final trailer, as it is right at a minute.

t’s not the final trailer we’ve been waiting for anxiously, but IMDB has just debuted an epic extended Suicide Squad teaser in anticipation of the next installment of the DC Extended Universe. The clip gives the spotlight to Viola Davis’ manipulative Amanda Waller as well as Joel Kinnaman’s Rick Flag, but there’s tons of new visuals with the whole squad in action.

t’s not the final trailer we’ve been waiting for anxiously, but IMDB has just debuted an epic extended Suicide Squad teaser in anticipation of the next installment of the DC Extended Universe. The clip gives the spotlight to Viola Davis’ manipulative Amanda Waller as well as Joel Kinnaman’s Rick Flag, but there’s tons of new visuals with the whole squad in action.
still awesome

still awesome

I agree with you!

we-have-a-winner.png