• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

David Ayer's Joker Inspired By Drug Lords Of Instagram

Director David Ayer is striving for a Joker planted in some sort of reality in his upcoming Suicide Squad, a person who for all his eccentricities could still actually exist in our world.

That led to Ayer utilizing several known traits of the criminal underworld, including using Joker’s body to tell a story through several tattoos, mimicking ones seen on various drug lord's and noteworthy criminals.

In an interview with Yahoo UK, the Director went into some details about his process, saying: “A lot of it has to do with creating a character with some kind of history and footprint in our world. And not have this sacrosanct being outside of our continuum, our reality. If a guy like him really existed today, where would he come from? How would he do business? Who would he know? What would he look like? In my mind, I took a lot of inspiration from drug lords on Instagram. It’s a great way to understand the lifestyle of a villain.”

It is the same reason this Joker (played by Jared Leto) is more akin to an actual gangster as opposed to a villainous (and crazy) cartoon. Ayer continues: “The tattoos tell a very specific story. And eventually people will decipher them and understand what’s going on, but obviously, they’re contentious, anytime you do something new it’s contentious. There’s very specific stories and easter eggs in those tattoos. And even his teeth, there’s an entire story behind that which is absolutely canon. It’s putting his history on his body. This Joker is a little more working class, who I believe could live in our world.”

With all the great Suicide Squad merchandise popping up everywhere, it can be difficult to decide which collectible, shirt or poster to buy. Well, now you might not have to think too hard on which poster you might want to hang up on your wall. An awesome new Suicide Squad poster has found its way online, and you'll want to keep an eye out for it, because it captures the insanity of the film in an explosive way.

4A4Nyd2.jpg

I like the retro poster.

With all the great Suicide Squad merchandise popping up everywhere, it can be difficult to decide which collectible, shirt or poster to buy. Well, now you might not have to think too hard on which poster you might want to hang up on your wall. An awesome new Suicide Squad poster has found its way online, and you'll want to keep an eye out for it, because it captures the insanity of the film in an explosive way.

A real fan would BUY THEM ALL :baiting:

Saw the trailer for this at Warcraft.

It honestly looks like a marketing sham, preying on the naive.

It totally came across as a B movie, have no interest whatsoever.

Yp01zul.jpg

I've been told who all of these people are supposed to be portraying for nearly a year, and looking at this , I'm still not sure who they all are.

-J.

Top, L. to R.: Robocop, Fresh Prince, Kicking Wing from Joe Dirt (he likes snakes and sparklers!)

Middle, L. to R.: Some hired Help (she should have won the Oscar for that...), She is nude in Wolf of Wall Street, my dream fetish!!!, 30 Seconds to Joker

Bottom, L. to R.: My Ex, Killer Crocs Shoes, Another Role Jai Courtney is going to suck in...he's throwing boomerangs for Christ's sake!!! You can't be serious!

Hope the helps!

Yp01zul.jpg

I've been told who all of these people are supposed to be portraying for nearly a year, and looking at this , I'm still not sure who they all are.

-J.

Top, L. to R.: Robocop, Fresh Prince, Kicking Wing from Joe Dirt (he likes snakes and sparklers!)

Middle, L. to R.: Some hired Help (she should have won the Oscar for that...), She is nude in Wolf of Wall Street, my dream fetish!!!, 30 Seconds to Joker

Bottom, L. to R.: My Ex, Killer Crocs Shoes, Another Role Jai Courtney is going to suck in...he's throwing boomerangs for Christ's sake!!! You can't be serious!

Hope the helps!

Decent list but you screwed up on Adebisi ...

http://www.hbo.com/oz/cast-and-crew/simon-adebisi/index.html

Yp01zul.jpg

-J.

Hope the helps!

:roflmao:

-J.