• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I hate to say this, but does anybody really know what the plot is other than a bunch of baddies are being dropped somewhere we're the good guys need them?

Perhaps they are just trying to keep a lid on what happens in it, unlike the B v S trailer?

...or it's just a bad movie? lol

I hate to say this, but does anybody really know what the plot is other than a bunch of baddies are being dropped somewhere we're the good guys need them?

Perhaps they are just trying to keep a lid on what happens in it, unlike the B v S trailer?

From what it looks like in the trailers, it seems that the Squad is being formed to take on the Enchantress, but no official details have been released.

Another pre-screening review from a 3-D show. This fellow spends a lot of time going into details. So don't watch it if you want to be surprised.

His summary:

- It is a response to the events of Batman v Superman (for those confused with the motivation) ;)

- Darkly humorous (between Guardians of the Galaxy and Deadpool)

- Not for kids due to profanity

- First 20 minutes had some pacing issues, but then it picks up from there

- Audience cheered a few times, but he does point out this is from DC early viewing fans

- Soundtrack really complemented the film

- There is a mid-credits scene

- Not necessary in 3-D

- Thumbs Up in recommending it

Safe to say, it will be the best DC movie since the last one ;)

I'm looking forward to seeing it on Saturday.

Not a high bar to overcome. ;)

It's one I might see in Hooksett a week after, but I'm too busy interviewing "Superman" next weekend for an article. Missed my chance today. Superheroes in real life are just as unpredictable. :ohnoez:

From what it looks like in the trailers, it seems that the Squad is being formed to take on the Enchantress, but no official details have been released.

OK, thanks. :)

I loved her look in the trailer.

She almost has The 13th Warrior's den mother look with a little CG mixed in.

This was one of the first DC trailers I was excited about seeing since The Dark Knight's in 2008.

It's one I might see in Hooksett a week after, but I'm too busy interviewing "Superman" next weekend for an article. Missed my chance today. Superheroes in real life are just as unpredictable. :ohnoez:

Cool! Tell me more... :popcorn:

Cool! Tell me more... :popcorn:

I'll start a thread in CG when it reaches print in a few weeks. It's not done yet and it's already becoming one of my favorite stories so far (from the outline.)

It's really cool contacting him. I got a text this morning.

"Hi Jerel. It's Superman..."

:ohnoez:

Suicide Squad Press Conference Live

The cast and crew of Suicide Squad came to New York City on Sunday to promote their film ahead of the premiere Monday night.

Smith started by asking about how to respond to the hype around the movie. "I think Jared should go first since he had the hardest job of the whole movie," Will Smith said.

"It's kinda like giving birth out of your prickhole," Leto joked. "For me it was the role of a lifetime. I had so much fun playing the Joker, I think I could play the Joker a few more times, then retire.

"When you're 47, no injuries are mild," Will said. "I tore my calf a couple weeks in. And what's funny is you do it doing nothing. I threw a punch and took a step back, and my calf popped. The doctor said I was gonna be out six weeks. It was really scary to be in that position, I was like, oh my God, Suicide Squad, this opportunity..." Will "soldiered on" Ayer said, and then the same day Kinneman had almost the exact same injury!

Margot Robbie thought she had broken a rib at one point, but it was just a bad bruise. "The hardest part wasn't the physical side, actually. The emotional stuff was definitely more difficult. Exposing my most vulnerable sides in front of a room full of strangers at that point was incredibly hard. Trying to figure out why Harley was so devoted to Joker, that was hard. The physical stuff was fun."

Sounds like the actors were going all-out with their scenes.

:ohnoez:

Is anybody really expecting the critics to like this movie ? (shrug)

I'm expecting a Rotten Tomatoes score of around 40% when the reviews finally do start hitting.

-J.

From the last trailer, I think critics are going to get that it's not going to take itself as seriously like B v S. That might help it in a tongue-in-cheek way like Con Air as just an excuse to go to the movies to watch stuff blow up... big. hm

I'm expecting a Rotten Tomatoes score of around 40% when the reviews finally do start hitting.

-J.

From the last trailer, I think critics are going to get that it's not going to take itself as seriously like B v S. That might help it in a tongue-in-cheek way like Con Air as just an excuse to go to the movies to watch stuff blow up... big. hm

I agree they did attempt a course correction midstream with the re-shoots to better mesh with the original trailer.

The question is whether they successfully integrated the new content to effectively change the tone, or did they create a disjointed mess. My initial feeling was that the actors were running around as if they were making the second coming of Citizen Kane (I'm looking at you, Leto). If they've managed to lighten that load a bit (without turning it into a Will Smith one-liner joke fest) then I will breathe easier. :wishluck:

I still think the critics are going to pan it though, no matter what. Whether or not it is "critic proof" like Transformers remains to be seen as well.

-J.

That's not a great sign that the embargo is lasting until Tuesday.

We are going to find out very soon. So no matter what, WB can't escape the final results.

I don't care, I just want to see this for Margo Robbie/Harley Quinn. :luhv:

That's not a great sign that the embargo is lasting until Tuesday.

We are going to find out very soon. So no matter what, WB can't escape the final results.

I don't care, I just want to see this for Margo Robbie/Harley Quinn. :luhv:

Well, there is that!

But from the early feedback, there will be much more.

:wishluck:

-J.

I agree they did attempt a course correction midstream with the re-shoots to better mesh with the original trailer.

The question is whether they successfully integrated the new content to effectively change the tone, or did they create a disjointed mess. My initial feeling was that the actors were running around as if they were making the second coming of Citizen Kane (I'm looking at you, Leto). If they've managed to lighten that load a bit (without turning it into a Will Smith one-liner joke fest) then I will breathe easier. :wishluck:

I still think the critics are going to pan it though, no matter what. Whether or not it is "critic proof" like Transformers remains to be seen as well.

-J.

will be for the first weekend

-J.

-J.

If it makes the projected possible $140 million on opening weekend (read it on wiki), than I would say it's "critic proof." Heck, $80 million even.