• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

man the joker is so cheesy

facepalm bad cheesy

Its the return of Jim Carey and the Mask. :sick:

+1

Jack Nicholson hammed it up in the Burton movie but he did it with a wink and a nod and he was in on the joke.

Heath went the menacing psychopath route and played it straight all the way through.

Leto looks to be trying to cut it both ways and it just doesn't play well. It seems to be the conceit of the entire movie though. It appears as though the creators originally wanted to have a serious Nolan-esque type film here. Nevermind the utter ridiculousness of most of the characters they opted to feature and the stupidity of casting the fresh prince of Bel Aire in such a prominent role. Then they release a trailer that makes everyone believe the film is fun and light-hearted and a little jokey.

Then the critics objected to the overly serious, pretentious tone of BvS and the creators of this film, having realized they released a thoroughly misleading trailer opted for extensive re-shoots to make it more like the first trailer (thanks Deadpool).

Problem with that is you now have a rudderless, mess of a film with disparate and incongruous performances by actors who look like they are all in different movies.

This has been the vibe in every trailer they have released and it looks to be morphing into another BvS fiasco where the movie is 98% hype and 2% substance that will have a big Week 1 and a pitiful every-other-week-after-that once the word is out how much the movie sucks.

Of course, I could always be wrong.....

-J.

1) I'm concerned about this trailer - looks too frenetic, tonally dissonant.

Like...individual scenes could be awesome, but I have the sinking feeling it will end up being far less than the sum of its parts -- and much less than it could have been.

2) I still think Eastwood's playing Slade Wilson. And I'm excited for that -- even if it's just a post-credits sequence debuting him as Deathstroke.

I thought it was fine. This movie is supposed to be a bit crazy and the trailer fits the bill. lol

I am looking forward to this film and have my :wishluck: that Harley steals the show and they intro Slade Wilson.

I thought it was fine. This movie is supposed to be a bit crazy and the trailer fits the bill...

Exactly.

There's a lot of speculation in this thread based on a couple of trailers and some dodgy internet rumours.

I thought it was fine. This movie is supposed to be a bit crazy and the trailer fits the bill...

Exactly.

There's a lot of speculation in this thread based on a couple of trailers and some dodgy internet rumours.

I'll be going to the theater to see this one.

Remember that rumor Harley Quinn's traditional costume is shown in the movie?

Get Your First Look At Harley Quinn's Jester Outfit Through New SUICIDE SQUAD B-Roll Footage

EMDMdDa.jpg

Back when the first few trailers for David Ayer's Suicide Squad were released, some eagle-eyed fans managed to spot what looked to be Harley Quinn's (Margot Robbie) iconic jester outfit. It seemed as though the fans were grasping at straws, but that all changed when Margot Robbie revealed that she had tried on a variation of the Harley jester outfit at the beginning of the film's production.

mffB2JW.jpg

Exactly.

I'll be going to the theater to see this one.

Yep! I already have the date pencilled in my diary.