• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

5) The Joker in DCEU will be...

Jimmy Olsen

You heard it here first (thumbs u

I thought that role had already been cast. BvS (Michael Cassidy)?

Jimmy_Olsen.png

It was, and he was killed pretty quickly in B v S:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jimmy-Olsen-Had-Major-Moment-Batman-V-Superman-Whether-You-Realized-It-Or-120707.html

I saw the trailer...it looks really bad!

Yes it does.

And it looks like they are also continuing the same unfortunate Snyder tradition of "re-imagining" DC's most famous or popular characters in either form, substance, or both , to the point of them being virtually unrecognizable.

-J.

5) The Joker in DCEU will be...

Jimmy Olsen

You heard it here first (thumbs u

I thought that role had already been cast. BvS (Michael Cassidy)?

Jimmy_Olsen.png

It was, and he was killed pretty quickly in B v S:

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Jimmy-Olsen-Had-Major-Moment-Batman-V-Superman-Whether-You-Realized-It-Or-120707.html

Exactly. We all know in the movies killed = "killed". Jimmy was conveniently "killed off" very quickly to make way for his main role. His "death" was the origin of the Joker. Makes sense when you think about it.

;)

hey look another DC movie

hey look more people hating

hey look another Marvel movie

hey look its the greatest movie ever

hey look this is the greatest movie ever

hey look another Marvel non-Disney movie

hey look when do the film rights end

hey look another DC movie

hey look more people hating

hey look its the greatest movie ever

hey look this is the greatest movie ever

hey look another Marvel non-Disney movie

hey look when do the film rights end

I want DC to make successful films. I'm not sure what needs to change but they don't seem to have the formula right yet. I have a good feeling about the upcoming WW movie. :wishluck:

I want DC to make successful films. I'm not sure what needs to change but they don't seem to have the formula right yet. I have a good feeling about the upcoming WW movie. :wishluck:

Stick to Spider-man, hater. :baiting:

lol

Edited by kimik

SUICIDE SQUAD Officially Rated PG-13

Considering the recent mega success of Fox’s R-rated Deadpool, many had wondered whether Suicide Squad’s anti-heroic subject matter might be better suited for an R rating as well, although WB and DC officials maintained that the film would remain PG-13.

Sure enough, Box Office Mojo is reporting the MPAA has now officially granted Suicide Squad a PG-13 rating for “sequences of violence and action throughout, disturbing behavior, suggestive content and language.” While it’s not a surprise, this news will likely disappoint some, as Suicide Squad’s premise certainly lends itself to a no holds barred hard-R endeavor. But, it appears that WB and DC didn’t envision the film as an R-rated comic book blockbuster.

On the plus side, Suicide Squad director David Ayer has previously expressed interest in helming an R-rated sequel to the property, and one presumes that if the film does well WB/DC will be inclined go out of their way to make Ayer happy on his second go-around with the franchise. The studio may also be curious to see how well the R-rated director’s cut of BVS does on home video before taking the gamble of releasing an adults-only DCEU movie directly to theaters.

PG-13 means wider market distribution, which is what they need right now.

SUICIDE SQUAD: Jared Leto Says There's Only One Villain More Infamous Than 'The Joker'

Leto, whose method performance of the character on set was well publicized, has weighed in on the character's villainy, suggesting there's only one villain who is probably more dastardly than the Joker.

"The only villain who may be more infamous is the devil". That's a bold statement! Despite the character's notorious reputation, Leto relished in being able to portray a new take on the iconic character. "The Joker is an icon, a legend, the baddest of the bad and seems to be having the most fun," Leto said in an interview with Total Film. "Hard not to be a fan of that."

Leto also opened up on his time working with director David Ayer towards the start of production. "I knew I was going to have to dive deep and go to a place I had never gone before. We sat outside his house and talked and it was clear he wanted to make something really different," he said. "He wanted to break some rules, and that's very compelling. I got the sense he was on a mission. This wasn't just a movie for him."

Considering the recent mega success of Fox’s R-rated Deadpool, many had wondered whether Suicide Squad’s anti-heroic subject matter might be better suited for an R rating as well, although WB and DC officials maintained that the film would remain PG-13.

Sure enough, Box Office Mojo is reporting the MPAA has now officially granted Suicide Squad a PG-13 rating for “sequences of violence and action throughout, disturbing behavior, suggestive content and language.” While it’s not a surprise, this news will likely disappoint some, as Suicide Squad’s premise certainly lends itself to a no holds barred hard-R endeavor. But, it appears that WB and DC didn’t envision the film as an R-rated comic book blockbuster.

On the plus side, Suicide Squad director David Ayer has previously expressed interest in helming an R-rated sequel to the property, and one presumes that if the film does well WB/DC will be inclined go out of their way to make Ayer happy on his second go-around with the franchise. The studio may also be curious to see how well the R-rated director’s cut of BVS does on home video before taking the gamble of releasing an adults-only DCEU movie directly to theaters.

Good move.

Good move.

It does make me doubt if the studio would green light SS 2 as an R film however. By changing ratings mid stream you would risk alienating younger fans of the first film.