• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

I WANT to be terrified. I want to be unsettled. Instead, watching this stuff, all I want to do is go watch something good.

But that's just my .02¢

This could go either way.

There is either going to be a large portion of movie-goers that are surprised they didn't see the vision beforehand how incredible Jared Leto is in the role, or they are going to be surprised the ball was dropped so badly in order to deliver a different take on the role.

I'm hoping Leto's acting strength and desire to make this a surprise hit is really what comes through.

:wishluck:

I will give Jared Leto this much -- he's very brave to be the guy playing the Joker following Heath Ledger. Even if Leto IS very good, the comparisons will get made and he'll be found wanting by all the zealous DK fans.

I'm not a huge fan of Leto's "look" right now either -- I can't get Macauley Culkin out of my head -- but the proof's in the performance. Hope he nails it.

Dan

Love the idea of a Harley movie, BUT can she not have the SS movie outfit and something closer to her comic outfits, please? Maybe this is an unpopular opinion and dont get me wrong, Robbie looks fantastic, obviously, but I just thought the look was too... processed. Not true to her character. The blingy "Puddin" necklace, "Daddy's Little Monster" shirt, customized "Property of Joker" jacket? meh. I liked the more raw outfits from the comic. Anyways, I'll still give Robbie a chance. ;)

Also, quick note: Where is King Shark in all these trailers? I want to see them work this CG magic. :popcorn:

Love the idea of a Harley movie, BUT can she not have the SS movie outfit and something closer to her comic outfits, please? Maybe this is an unpopular opinion and dont get me wrong, Robbie looks fantastic, obviously, but I just thought the look was too... processed. Not true to her character. The blingy "Puddin" necklace, "Daddy's Little Monster" shirt, customized "Property of Joker" jacket? meh. I liked the more raw outfits from the comic. Anyways, I'll still give Robbie a chance. ;)

Also, quick note: Where is King Shark in all these trailers? I want to see them work this CG magic. :popcorn:

I remember there being an "easter egg" picture with Harley's old outfit on the ground in one of the leaked set photos:

harley-quinn-costume-easter-egg-3-179187.jpg

harley-quinn-costume-easter-egg-1-copy-179185.jpg

They actually tried her animated series outfit, it's really about what looks good on film and of course David Ayers's style, studded belts and such. Besides, Hollywood doesn't like masks, because people will go to the movies to see their favorite actor's mug on screen :D

They actually tried her animated series outfit, it's really about what looks good on film and of course David Ayers's style, studded belts and such. Besides, Hollywood doesn't like masks, because people will go to the movies to see their favorite actor's mug on screen :D

Wasn't the story that the actress just didn't like the real outfit ?

That she was the one who preferred to wear that dumb t-shirt and those stupid looking high heeled shoe/boots?

Well at least most of her depictions in the comics for now have her with blonde pigtails with blue and link tips so we can at least somewhat recognize the character....

-J.

I agree completely!! They were able to pull him off in the Flash and did a fantastic job IMO...you would think with the big film budget not TV money they could get this done. Maybe they are just holding out for SS2!! From what I've seen though Croc doesn't impress me he looks an aweful lot like the Lizard from ASM and the Abomination from the Hulk and I was sadly disappointed with both of those characters overall appearance. Keeping the fingers crossed for a King Shark app at some point would love to watch him gobble up some of their adversaries on the big screen :wishluck:

In the coming weeks we're going to be inundated with promotion for David Ayer's Suicide Squad, but for the time being you can get a new (if somewhat familiar) look at the villainous cast of characters thanks to La Cosa Cine.

QsPyiEK.png

NlAHkPS.jpg

Earlier today, photographer Clay Enos took over the official Instagram account for the Entertainment Weekly photo department to share some new behind-the-scenes images from David Ayer's Suicide Squad. Even though the day is almost over, Enos has decided to release an all-new image of Katana (Karen Fukuhara) with her Soultaker Sword, prepping for a fight.

jvC9xBT.jpg

suicide-squad-katana-01a.gif