• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

aIOSYAX.png

:o

Can you imagine how much more cash SS would have brought in if the movie is half as good as Cap WS?

Since the top two Marvel Studios films for me are Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy, I would say it would be at least $718MM.

:insane:

This weekend's estimates are in, and it looks like Suicide Squad just passed up Captain America: The Winter Soldier's worldwide adjusted total. And without China.

2WbIiH9.png

qNoPNf3.png

I wonder if this can go past $725MM as its end run?

aIOSYAX.png

Can you imagine how much more cash SS would have brought in if the movie is half as good as Cap WS?

Since the top two Marvel Studios films for me are Captain America: The Winter Soldier and Guardians of the Galaxy, I would say it would be at least $718MM.

Suicide Squad was really hyped up before its release too - lots of anticipation for Harley Quinn from horny fanboys for sure ;) . Winter Soldier on the other hand was a surprise success - new directors and a follow up to the mediocre 1st Cap movie.

aIOSYAX.png

About the same as Iron Man 3 then... ;)

Yeah, SS was being compared dollar for dollar to a much superior film (WS).

You raised a valid point then. SS should have been compared (dollar-wise) to Iron Man 3 because both films merit are from unsubstantiated hype before their respective releases. What are the numbers again?

aIOSYAX.png

About the same as Iron Man 3 then... ;)

Yeah, SS was being compared dollar for dollar to a much superior film (WS).

You raised a valid point then. SS should have been compared (dollar-wise) to Iron Man 3 because both films merit are from unsubstantiated hype before their respective releases. What are the numbers again?

Nope. I was just comparing WS to a movie that was half as good.

aIOSYAX.png

Suicide Squad was really hyped up before its release too - lots of anticipation for Harley Quinn from horny fanboys for sure ;) . Winter Soldier on the other hand was a surprise success - new directors and a follow up to the mediocre 1st Cap movie.

I really wasn't counting on this to be some massive success like it is turning into. Especially when the movie was critiqued so horrible. But it definitely was entertaining for me, and introduced quite a few characters that I would like to see used in better told stories in the future.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is definitely 'top of the heap' when it comes to action-packed and well-told storytelling. If anything, hopefully this proves to the DCEU executives if they can combine solid stories with interesting characters, it can be just as successful.

aIOSYAX.png

I really wasn't counting on this to be some massive success like it is turning into. Especially when the movie was critiqued so horrible. But it definitely was entertaining for me, and introduced quite a few characters that I would like to see used in better told stories in the future.

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is definitely 'top of the heap' when it comes to action-packed and well-told storytelling. If anything, hopefully this proves to the DCEU executives if they can combine solid stories with interesting characters, it can be just as successful.

No, it'll prove to them that they DON'T have to combine solid stories with interesting characters.

Thanks, SS lovers! :taptaptap::censored:

aIOSYAX.png

No, it'll prove to them that they DON'T have to combine solid stories with interesting characters.

Thanks, SS lovers! :taptaptap::censored:

I wouldn't worry. After the Warner Bros./DC reorg due to the reaction to Batman v Superman - which was long after Suicide Squad kicked off production - you are not seeing any benefit from those changes yet.

If the Wonder Woman and Justice League trailers were any indication of the after-effect, the DCEU seems to have adjusted its direction.

aIOSYAX.png

I was actually expecting SS to hit $1B - this is HQ's debut movie played by the hottest woman on the planet and we get to see Joker portrayed by the great Jared Leto! Also, did you see those kick trailers - I don't care what rotten tomatoes says, but as a movie fan I have to see this movie.

aIOSYAX.png

I was actually expecting SS to hit $1B - this is HQ's debut movie played by the hottest woman on the planet and we get to see Joker portrayed by the great Jared Leto! Also, did you see those kick trailers - I don't care what rotten tomatoes says, but as a movie fan I have to see this movie.

Not everything is going to hit one billion dollars right out of the gate. Even with hot comic book characters. Especially when markets like China are going to deny access to force studios to comply with their cultural expectations. But movies like Deadpool and Suicide Squad will work to be successful nonetheless.

I did notice the foreign results to date. Countries like Australia, Brazil, Mexico and Russia are delivering numbers I didn't expect. But what I didn't realize is Japan hasn't updated its numbers since 9/15 (Thursday).

cZfv8rE.png

If the Wonder Woman and Justice League trailers were any indication of the after-effect, the DCEU seems to have adjusted its direction.

Maybe. I'm excited for those based on what we've seen.

But recall that the first trailer for Suicide Squad was _amazing_ -- only for the final product to be mess.

I really hope we don't have the same situation with Wonder Woman.

:wishluck: