• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

Woof! What a terrible piece of garbage. If I hadn't bootlegged it I'd want my money back. Hell, I think the studio should pay me anyways for my time being robbed.

You see, if only you'd waited to watch it in its full HD glory, you'd have loved it.

That did make me laugh though lol

Ha, that was ironic. Movie still stinks, though even in it's 1080 glory.

That's because you need the 4K version ;)

Woof! What a terrible piece of garbage. If I hadn't bootlegged it I'd want my money back. Hell, I think the studio should pay me anyways for my time being robbed.

Slightly OT,

Back in 1983, my girlfriend & I watched Superman 3 at a theatre.

Absolutely terrible & left the theatre feeling ripped off.

Movies that are poorly reviewed are generally crapolla.

I liked Superman 3 :sumo: Sure, it was a bit silly but still entertaining. Then again, I wasn't old enough to date when it came out ;)

Superman & Superman 2 are very good movies.

Superb casting of Christopher Reeve as Uber-Man & John Williams' soundtrack is still memorable 35 years later.

And to watch Superman 3 is a shock to the system.

Slightly OT,

Back in 1983, my girlfriend & I watched Superman 3 at a theatre.

Absolutely terrible & left the theatre feeling ripped off.

Movies that are poorly reviewed are generally crapolla.

I liked Superman 3 :sumo: Sure, it was a bit silly but still entertaining. Then again, I wasn't old enough to date when it came out ;)

Superman & Superman 2 are very good movies.

Superb casting of Christopher Reeve as Uber-Man & John Williams' soundtrack is still memorable 35 years later.

And to watch Superman 3 is a shock to the system.

For me, those two are still the best. Superman III was nowhere near as good but I enjoyed the more lighthearted approach and watched it numerous times as a kid. I watched it again recently and it was ok. I couldn't bring myself to watch Supeman IV though :eek:

:o

Y1XzFyZ.png

nrYiYBM.png

And to celebrate how far this movie has come, Knight Models has announced a role playing game based on the characters of this movie.

Knight Models Reveals the Batman Miniature Game Suicide Squad Two-Player Game Box

The new box set features 13 figures and character cards, rule book including a special campaign, 2 full-color die-cut card buildings, 4 lamp posts markers, 4 sewer markers, “take the lead” and objective counters and dice.

This is the first box set for the game. Up to this point, figures have been sold individually and in four-man gangs and the rules have been available in a hard cover book.

A price hasn’t been announced, but I’d expect it to be about $125 to $150. The wording from the announcement also makes it sound like we may see more box sets in the future.

Ihq3U8F.png

dDfPNlP.jpg

Suicide Squad is doing so well, I'm officially upgrading its status from "a good movie" to "a masterpiece"...

;)

Only if you purchase the official game.

:baiting:

Let's not go that far...

I'm sorry - what are we celebrating?

Oh right -- a mess movie that couldn't even catch what the c-list Guardians of the Galaxy did two years ago, despite featuring more A-list actors, a Batman cameo, and the first big-screen appearance of one of top comic book characters of the last 30 years?

Yup. Time to pop the bubbly!!

Oh right -- a mess movie that couldn't even catch what the c-list Guardians of the Galaxy did two years ago, despite featuring more A-list actors, a Batman cameo, and the first big-screen appearance of one of top comic book characters of the last 30 years?

You try too hard. You really do. It must be a public relations thing.

I bought the Eaglemoss DC chess set when it came out. Two pieces a month via subscription and a free chess board. I like DC. I like chess. That was ok with me.

Now the last time I played chess, there were 32 pieces on the board. That collection went to 96 pieces! NINETY SIX! Am I supposed to play three games at once. What am I!?! Deep Thought!?!

I stopped once I'd completed a 32 piece set.

I bought the Eaglemoss DC chess set when it came out. Two pieces a month via subscription and a free chess board. I like DC. I like chess. That was ok with me.

Now the last time I played chess, there were 32 pieces on the board. That collection went to 96 pieces! NINETY SIX! Am I supposed to play three games at once. What am I!?! Deep Thought!?!

:takeit:

We can play remote.

We're not celebrating anything. I was having a lighthearted, slightly tongue in cheek moment about a movie I like that's doing better than the expected ;)

:takeit:

We can play remote.

You're on! And via airmail. It's the only way (thumbs u

We're not celebrating anything. I was having a lighthearted, slightly tongue in cheek moment about a movie I like that's doing better than the expected ;)

That is not allowed!

:sumo:

That is not allowed!

:sumo:

The lighthearted, slightly tongue in cheek approach...?

Aww ... That's most of my posts deleted then :eek:

It's only not allowed when one of a small number of folks with heavy chips firmly implanted on their shoulders bash anything they can re the DCEU.

No movie will ever be good enough, and these folks will continue to pull irrelevant and silly facts out of bizarre orfaces in desperation to justify why this movie didn't do well, or wouldn't do well, or can't do well. After all folks, WATCH OUT -- because if you watch this movie, you're eyes will burn, your esophagus will swell, and your Athlete'a foot will flare!!

What I can't, for the life of me figure out though, is why someone would spend SO much time coming back to do this over and over again?! Bosco has learned to have an amazing level of patience for this behavior and my hat's off to him for it.....but my tolerance level is lower than his!!

Hey Gatsby - If we say "you're 100% right" with whatever you post next, will you go away forever? Will your short positions in Warner Brothers stock been protected well enough?

Last night's post was just recognizing this movie has come so far, and overcome some huge hurdles with the critic response and mixed reviews even from movie-goers. Yet it clicked with certain audiences based on the current box office.

Y1XzFyZ.png

nrYiYBM.png

And to celebrate how far this movie has come, Knight Models has announced a role playing game based on the characters of this movie.

Knight Models Reveals the Batman Miniature Game Suicide Squad Two-Player Game Box

The new box set features 13 figures and character cards, rule book including a special campaign, 2 full-color die-cut card buildings, 4 lamp posts markers, 4 sewer markers, “take the lead” and objective counters and dice.

This is the first box set for the game. Up to this point, figures have been sold individually and in four-man gangs and the rules have been available in a hard cover book.

A price hasn’t been announced, but I’d expect it to be about $125 to $150. The wording from the announcement also makes it sound like we may see more box sets in the future.

Ihq3U8F.png

dDfPNlP.jpg

And now Forbes noted something else, though those on-going hurdles.

'Suicide Squad' Tops 'Deadpool' Overseas

The DC Comics caper, Suicide Squad, earned $1.11m (-42%) for a new $322.534m domestic and $742.1m worldwide cume. By the way, the film has now made more overseas ($419.6m) than Deadpool ($419.5m), 3D and PG-13 rating notwithstanding.

It's only not allowed when one of a small number of folks with heavy chips firmly implanted on their shoulders bash anything they can re the DCEU.

No movie will ever be good enough, and these folks will continue to pull irrelevant and silly facts out of bizarre orfaces in desperation to justify why this movie didn't do well, or wouldn't do well, or can't do well. After all folks, WATCH OUT -- because if you watch this movie, you're eyes will burn, your esophagus will swell, and your Athlete'a foot will flare!!

What I can't, for the life of me figure out though, is why someone would spend SO much time coming back to do this over and over again?! Bosco has learned to have an amazing level of patience for this behavior and my hat's off to him for it.....but my tolerance level is lower than his!!

Hey Gatsby - If we say "you're 100% right" with whatever you post next, will you go away forever? Will your short positions in Warner Brothers stock been protected well enough?

Sigh...

Don't know where you (and others) continue to manufacture this "Marvel vs. DC" hate or chips.

I have zero stake in a DC vs. Marvel vendetta except as a diehard comics fan -- and as a diehard comics fan I have a very big stake in _all_ of the TV and movie products being high-quality (DC, Disney, Sony, Netflix, CW, etc.) so that we can ride this golden age of Hollywood comic book adaptations as long as possible.

For me, it's never been a DC thing -- I think The Dark Knight is the best comic book movie ever produced and Dark Knight Rises is in my top 5.

They were good movies. Period.

Batman v. Superman wasn't and neither was Suicide Squad.

As such, they both presented _huge_ missed opportunities -- with a few small tweaks in the writing each could have been made drastically better -- and thus been better received by critics and audiences alike.

Instead, the DCEU has painted itself into a corner where it _needs_ a win with Wonder Woman and reportedly has made drastic changes to Justice League in a course correction from BvS.

It shouldn't have been like that.

BvS should easily have been able to best all of the Nolan films at the box office -- leading Wonder Woman to be gravy in the highly-anticipated build-up to Justice League -- with nothing more riding on Wonder Woman than Disney had riding on Ant-Man.

And Suicide Squad could have been a masterpiece. Instead, we got a mediocre and boring movie punctuated by maybe three brilliant scenes.

Again - it's not a DC v. Marvel thing -- I still hold up Thor 2 as the worst Marvel film, and the only film, comic-based or otherwise, where I've fallen asleep in the theater in the last decade.

Ditto, Spider-Man 3's nearly $900 million worldwide gross a decade ago does nothing to excuse the fact that it was an abomination. That film's greatest sin was its misuse of Venom such that we're unlikely to see him again, let alone done right, anytime soon. Its second greatest sin - ditto with Hobgoblin (turning both Franco & later Dane DeHaan into Green Goblin II rather than Hobgoblin's likely killed near-term prospects of ever seeing him on screen.)

Sigh...

Don't know where you (and others) continue to manufacture this "Marvel vs. DC" hate or chips.

I have zero stake in a DC vs. Marvel vendetta except as a diehard comics fan -- and as a diehard comics fan I have a very big stake in _all_ of the TV and movie products being high-quality (DC, Disney, Sony, Netflix, CW, etc.) so that we can ride this golden age of Hollywood comic book adaptations as long as possible.

For me, it's never been a DC thing -- I think The Dark Knight is the best comic book movie ever produced and Dark Knight Rises is in my top 5.

They were good movies. Period.

Batman v. Superman wasn't and neither was Suicide Squad.

As such, they both presented _huge_ missed opportunities -- with a few small tweaks in the writing each could have been made drastically better -- and thus been better received by critics and audiences alike.

Instead, the DCEU has painted itself into a corner where it _needs_ a win with Wonder Woman and reportedly has made drastic changes to Justice League in a course correction from BvS.

It shouldn't have been like that.

BvS should easily have been able to best all of the Nolan films at the box office -- leading Wonder Woman to be gravy in the highly-anticipated build-up to Justice League -- with nothing more riding on Wonder Woman than Disney had riding on Ant-Man.

And Suicide Squad could have been a masterpiece. Instead, we got a mediocre and boring movie punctuated by maybe three brilliant scenes.

Again - it's not a DC v. Marvel thing -- I still hold up Thor 2 as the worst Marvel film, and the only film, comic-based or otherwise, where I've fallen asleep in the theater in the last decade.

Ditto, Spider-Man 3's nearly $900 million worldwide gross a decade ago does nothing to excuse the fact that it was an abomination. That film's greatest sin was its misuse of Venom such that we're unlikely to see him again, let alone done right, anytime soon. Its second greatest sin - ditto with Hobgoblin (turning both Franco & later Dane DeHaan into Green Goblin II rather than Hobgoblin's likely killed near-term prospects of ever seeing him on screen.)

Sigh....

Yet you post these things when folks note any form of semi-positive news or discussion about the film. Not something to contribute to the conversation.

You didn't have to like this film. You have a right to say you dislike it. But your approach - along with others - to detract from it by countering any positive discussion is more disruptive than talking through what could have been better.

This is where you post 'umm....'