• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suicide Squad movie coming
2 2

3,562 posts in this topic

i enjoyed the extended version more then the theatrical version... seemed to flow better!

I just picked up the Batman: Assault On Arkham Blu-Ray/Suicide Squad VUDU bundle that comes with the Theatrical Cut and Extended Cut. Cool combination for $20.

I'll give the Extended Cut a try.

Saw the Extended Edition last night. You are so right - it actually helps the movie flow better with just that 11-12 minutes added back in. Even by giving a little more backstory about the Joker's influence on Harley, and how they are fixated on each other in an unhealthy way.

Theatrical Edition: 02:02:48 total

Extended Edition: 02:14:28 total

For that difference, they would have been better to leave the scenes in.

lol

He fit the role more than probably realized.

Suicide Squad's Jai Courtney Feels Like He's Not Done With Captain Boomerang

In a recent interview with We Got This Covered, Jai Courtney said he doesn’t feel like he’s done with Captain Boomerang just yet. “I certainly don’t feel like I’m done with that character. I had a lot of fun playing him, and I don’t feel like anyone is done with that franchise, certainly not yet.”

The actor was also asked whether he felt Warner Bros. would pursue a Suicide Squad sequel, and Courtney delegated his answer. “Listen, they keep their cards very close to their chest. I actually have no idea, I pray the answer is yes,” he explained.

“So, I hope so, sooner or later. The studio is very busy at the moment, director David Ayer is directing something else at the moment, but I’m sure they have plans, just none that they’ve shared with me.”

...and we're back on track lol

Some love deep. And some hate deep.

:ohnoez:

Not sure you're allowed to say that... ;)

lol But you're right!

I just bought my Blu-Ray copy... APPARENTLY I have to wait until Christmas before I get it (shrug)

Will Smith explains why he picked ‘Suicide Squad’ over ‘Independence Day: Resurgence’

Dh1IFXl.png

During a live Facebook chat to promote his new movie, Collateral Beauty, Will Smith explained that he had two scripts in front of him a few years ago to choose from. One was for Suicide Squad and the other was for Independence Day: Resurgence, a sequel to his 1996 hit Independence Day.

“I had the two screenplays in front of me for the Independence Day 2 and for Suicide Squad. I had to choose between the two of those,” Smith said. “Even the choice of going to Suicide Squad — nothing about the qualities of the movie — but the choice of trying to go forward versus clinging and clawing backwards. I do want to aggressively go forward and do new things and create and hopefully be able to stumble upon a new heyday.”

I think he made the right choice. His performance was one of the high points.

"What's for dinner?!"

lol

I like Will Smith a lot and he was indeed a high-point of Suicide Squad.

We've also seen that the Independence Day sequel was .

But...I find this quote by Smith ironic:

“...but the choice of trying to go forward versus clinging and clawing backwards. I do want to aggressively go forward and do new things and create and hopefully be able to stumble upon a new heyday.”

Because he's just signed on to do two more "Bad Boys" sequels.

Granted, I'll think they'll be fun, and I really enjoyed the first two movies, but hard to reconcile his quote with those new forthcoming films.

“...but the choice of trying to go forward versus clinging and clawing backwards. I do want to aggressively go forward and do new things and create and hopefully be able to stumble upon a new heyday.”

Granted, I'll think they'll be fun, and I really enjoyed the first two movies, but hard to reconcile his quote with those new forthcoming films.

Someone in the article comments section pointed that out when it was published. Unless...Bad Boys III is a prequel.

:o

“...but the choice of trying to go forward versus clinging and clawing backwards. I do want to aggressively go forward and do new things and create and hopefully be able to stumble upon a new heyday."

i think the writer mis-heard 'payday'

Suicide Squad's Viola Davis Wins First SeeHer Award

amandawaller-violadavis-suicidesquad-b-188937.png

This evening, Viola Davis, won the very first #SeeHer Critics' Choice Award for her brilliant work in Fences, How To Get Away With Murder, and as Amanda Waller in Suicide Squad.

The honor is being presented by the Association of National Advertisers in conjunction with A&E Network, who have made a mission to change the role of women in advertising and media by the year 2020.

The organizations selected Ms. Davis because she "embodies the values set forth by the #SeeHer mission, including pushing boundaries on changing stereotypes and her recognition of the importance of accurately portraying women across the entertainment landscape."

Margot Robbie Wins The Critics' Choice Award For Best Actress In An Action Movie

margot-robbie-suicide-squad-premiere-193339.jpg

Actress Margot Robbie has just won the Critics' Choice Award For Best Actress In An Action Movie for her amazing performance as DC Comics' character Harley Quinn in Suicide Squad!

We will be seeing much more of Margot Robbie's Harley Quinn in the future of the DC Extended Universe as she is currently working on her own stand alone film featuring DC Comics' Birds of Prey.

The Critics’ Choice Awards are given out annually by the BFCA and BTJA to honor the finest in cinematic and television achievement.

:applause:

Will Smith explains why he picked Suicide Squad over Independence Day: Resurgence

Dh1IFXl.png

During a live Facebook chat to promote his new movie, Collateral Beauty, Will Smith explained that he had two scripts in front of him a few years ago to choose from. One was for Suicide Squad and the other was for Independence Day: Resurgence, a sequel to his 1996 hit Independence Day.

I had the two screenplays in front of me for the Independence Day 2 and for Suicide Squad. I had to choose between the two of those, Smith said. Even the choice of going to Suicide Squad nothing about the qualities of the movie but the choice of trying to go forward versus clinging and clawing backwards. I do want to aggressively go forward and do new things and create and hopefully be able to stumble upon a new heyday.

I think he made the right choice. His performance was one of the high points.

"What's for dinner?!"

lol

his performance was standard solid will smith to me, I like him trying to be funnier in general. BUT there's a fine line between "This movie is dope, you know what else would be dope? A Deadshot standalone movie, or a Harley/Joker standalone movie" AND "I wish I was watching a Deadshot or Harley standalone movie instead of the actual movie I am watching now."

SS was aight, but I feel veered into the second category, which is still definitely better than BvS, where I felt "Batman is my favorite comic character ever and super awesome, but there is literally zero reason for him to be in this movie (other than marketing or merchandising)."

i need someone on youtube to make a Will Smith and Viola Davis only version of this movie. Just show their scenes only. lol. okay, maybe a little more than that, but Will and Viola were the only true highlights for me, with a little Harley included, and maybe a scene or two of Jai Courtney.