• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest book you own want or know of

457 posts in this topic

Sell me one. I have 1 and 2 but not 3 been wanting it. I would pm you but it says you don't accept PMs.

Don't destroy them spread the love :)

I've been receiving PMs in the past. I'll check the settings and see if anything's changed?

(edit) yep... it was turned off... don't remember why... but it's back on now. Sorry about that.

Superman 15...

Nice presenting mid grade copies do not show up that often. When I finally was able to pick one up I settled on a raw copy from Metro with tear seals.

Not a GA gem, but still fun: Wolverine 75 blue hologram. I've seen three in 18 years, and only one on census. I'm writing up a post for the Modern section about this book, maybe some others will come out of the woodwork, but as far as I can tell, it's a quality control error that got out in incredibly small quantities (likely way less than the Black Venom recall).

WOLVERINE075_BLUE_04.jpg

It says "Distorted hologram on the cover".

That's not my copy, that's actually the reference picture I have from the guy I got my raw copy from. But I will be sending mine in at some point.

It says "Distorted hologram on the cover".

That's not my copy, that's actually the reference picture I have from the guy I got my raw copy from. But I will be sending mine in at some point.

Neat

SilverWolf Bulletin #5 with the 1st appearance of Fat Ninja by Gary Amaro. Ashcan sized and print run would have been about 150.

The short print run, lack of popularity, and the fact it was originaly only sold out of one store (and for far too much money in back issue ads) contribute to its rarity.

I've never seen a photo or scan of a copy, let alone in person.

swbulletin05_sw.jpg

My question is: Does it matter if you have a unique or very rare comic if nobody else wants one? I'm sure the are a lot of rare comics out there that nobody wants. I'm sure some of us have something in our collections that very few others have. Just think of all the garbage that came out in the B&W explosion during the 80s.

How about a copy of Amazing Man #26 from Centaur Publications which was able to fetch over $6K a few years ago at one of the major comic auction houses for only a restored CGC G+ copy or such which worked out to something like 33X Overstreet condition guide at the time. :o

It's always a sign of a strong and healthy in-demand book when a restored copy is able to sell for well over the listed guide price in this day and age of the stigmitzed PLOD. (thumbs u

how does one post a book as the rarest of something, and leave out that they own 1000 copies of it lol

also, people love to talk about rarity as if its a one sided equation. rarity is a measure of supply, the other side of that is demand. a rare drek book that no one cares about, is still a drek book.

this thread went from interesting to gutter very quickly.

How about a copy of Amazing Man #26 from Centaur Publications which was able to fetch over $6K a few years ago at one of the major comic auction houses for only a restored CGC G+ copy or such which worked out to something like 33X Overstreet condition guide at the time. :o

It's always a sign of a strong and healthy in-demand book when a restored copy is able to sell for well over the listed guide price in this day and age of the stigmitzed PLOD. (thumbs u

I'm waiting for Gator to talk about the Centaur he searched for, for what,forever?

Amazing Man #5 or # 15?