• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest book you own want or know of

457 posts in this topic

The first Elflord series

Those three have been giving me a hard time

Would this be the Elflord series by Aircel in color? I have issues 1, 3, and 4 of that series from the 80's. I do not have number 2 listed in my old Dataperfect file, so somehow I must have missed that one back in the day.

No, the hard to find ones are magazine sized and in black and white, some spiral bound like a service manual. They're published by Nyghtwind.

Someone on here had nearly a full set, and he sold them all off at once, I was only able to buy one at the time. Have never seen any other issues for sale before or since, except #3, which is constantly on eBay for $150. It just happens to be the one issue I already own. The series is so difficult to find I can't even find cover images for every issue, and don't even know exactly how many issues there were.

is the publisher Night Wynd? what year did the copy you have come out?

I think it was 1980. That's the publishers name.

332599.jpg

There are some Battlestar Galactica Realm Press variants I have been seeking for 10 plus years. I have pictures of the books, so I know they exist, but I have never, ever seen them come up for sale.

I imagine someday, they will surface.

Maus was easy for me. The trick is finding them cheap. I paid no more than $40 for any issue, but you can find them all day listed (and not selling) for $250

You don't see this book very often:

Captain_America_Comics_Vol_1_74.jpg

Board member SilverSurfer had a CANADIAN Copy of that...talk about hens teeth...

I think Peter got that one back. It is a rare book, but I think every existing copy belongs to a boardie.

The first Elflord series

Those three have been giving me a hard time

Would this be the Elflord series by Aircel in color? I have issues 1, 3, and 4 of that series from the 80's. I do not have number 2 listed in my old Dataperfect file, so somehow I must have missed that one back in the day.

No, the hard to find ones are magazine sized and in black and white, some spiral bound like a service manual. They're published by Nyghtwind.

Someone on here had nearly a full set, and he sold them all off at once, I was only able to buy one at the time. Have never seen any other issues for sale before or since, except #3, which is constantly on eBay for $150. It just happens to be the one issue I already own. The series is so difficult to find I can't even find cover images for every issue, and don't even know exactly how many issues there were.

is the publisher Night Wynd? what year did the copy you have come out?

I think it was 1980. That's the publishers name.

332599.jpg

Can't find a picture of the set I had.

992143-003.jpg

992143-002.jpg

992143-001.jpg

Megalith Vol. 2 #0 Red Foil edition. It's been long rumored to exist, was pictured on a Continuity Comics website that no longer exists (may have been a doctored image) and was solicited at nealadams.com, but believed to have never been released. I should probably just remove it from my want list, but still hoping one might show up. Here's a manufactured image of what it would look something like:

V2_000r_Megalith_535px.png

I think because print runs were low and also because they were black and white and didn't look like much they were thrown out, Canadian Whites are pretty tough to find in general. If you want to put a run together you can basically consider it a near impossible task unless you are well networked into the small circle of collectors that seek them out. When you do find them they are almost always impossible to find in nice shape. I picked this up recently and it's one of the nicer grade copies I've seen.

WhizComics10AACanadianWhitefront.jpg

WhizComics10AACanadianWhitesback.jpg

My question is: Does it matter if you have a unique or very rare comic if nobody else wants one? I'm sure the are a lot of rare comics out there that nobody wants. I'm sure some of us have something in our collections that very few others have. Just think of all the garbage that came out in the B&W explosion during the 80s.

Demand plays a factor. The more people care to want something the more liquid it is, hence NM # 98`s popularity.

NM #98 is not rare, but it`s demand is off the charts, similar to Hulk#181. Plenty of Hulk #181 out there,but they are very liquid.

Same can`t be said for most of those 30 year old rarer B&W explosion comics.