• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest book you own want or know of

457 posts in this topic

g_zps53061de9.jpeg

ggh_zps71811ffa.jpeg

and my proof they're real.....the envelope with date stamp they came in, the creases in the books line up pretty much with thoes in the envelope, also with the original address of mirage

gf_zps4493eb96.jpeg

Very cool. So hard to authenticate (that is why CGC will not grade them). Yours look to be one the very few I have seen that I would accept as the real thing.

Here are a few of the rare books I have had over the years, Have more but I got to find the pics.

Single Series #7 (15 Cent Variant)

scan0191_zps87de068a.jpg

Remember Pearl Harbour #nn (15 Cent Variant)

0982739_001a.jpg

Daisy Comics #nn (Promotional/Giveaway)

HPIM2212.jpgscan0011-5.jpg

Amazing Man Comics #6

Hpim1547.jpg

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Manufacturing Error

Picture306a.jpg

Winblade #1

1003710-001.jpg

Elflord

th_scan0023-6.jpgth_scan0021-6.jpgth_scan0019-6.jpgth_scan0017-7.jpg

Nexus #1 Limited Edition

981268-001.jpg

Eternal Warrior #27 VVSS

HPIM1677.jpg

scan0002-3.jpg

Orb #1

scan0412.jpg

I've fixed the thread subject ;)

Dynamic Comics 8

1050550-dynamic_8_super.jpg

ive bought 2 copies in past month :o

I wish I was a lil' bit taller...

I wish I was a baller...

I wish I knew a fine young cosplayer I would call her...

I wish I had a greggy in a hat wit a bat and a 64 impala!

:banana:

OK. a couple from me. Complete opposite ends of the comic spectrum

A real tough book to find here. A lifetime quest of a grail for me completed just last year. Undervalued, rarely comes up for sale. CGC has graded six copies. First appearance of the Phantom in comic book format. 1938, a few months before Action Comics 1.

scan0001_zps6e5041a0.jpg

Now a modern. Bram Stocker's Death Ship 1 Retailer incentive. Story behind this book: Cliff Nielsen did the cover to the regular book & Stuart Sayger the interior art. On the retailer incentive, Sayger did the cover as well. BUT - the printer messed up and sent the retailer incentive books to Cliff Nielsen. Cliff then returned the books to the publisher (IDW). By the time IDW got the books, they had already shipped out some signed copies (by Nielsen) of the regular book to retailers in place of the promised retailer incentive. The inside cover pictures the retailer incentive. You can find the substituted (signed reg ed) retailer incentive for sale on eBay.

IDW gave some copies to Sayger and presumably destroyed the rest. I traded for a few with Stuart Sayger and had him sign them. Certainly rare - but not high demand. Pretty good story btw...

scan0001_zps23ca9d50.jpg

I think because print runs were low and also because they were black and white and didn't look like much they were thrown out, Canadian Whites are pretty tough to find in general. If you want to put a run together you can basically consider it a near impossible task unless you are well networked into the small circle of collectors that seek them out. When you do find them they are almost always impossible to find in nice shape. I picked this up recently and it's one of the nicer grade copies I've seen.

WhizComics10AACanadianWhitefront.jpg

WhizComics10AACanadianWhitesback.jpg

Wow...you know how I feel about those.....love it soooo much.

The New Dime I posted above is a Canadian as well,not the one listed in OSPG or Gerber.I also have a neat Flash Comics to post that is a Canadian book with a Red Seal cover...Bedrock would remember.Looking for the image again.

Really sweet Roy,really....delicious!

Well, I thought I would share a few books that cant be found very easily. I am sure there are some other copies out there, but not many. All are early Canadian published issues.

Enjoy

SpaceNomad_zps0bad78b0.jpeg

Space Nomad had his own 2-issue, un-numbered series by Century Publications in the spring of 1946. There was a 3rd issue planned but, nothing ever came of it. Issues were distributed with and without covers, and primarily sold in Britain (aside from being a Canadian publisher). Other than he was created by E.G. Letkeman and was one of only two characters (the other being Zor the Mighty) published by Century whose titles included new material (the others were all re-prints), this series is extremely rare and virtually nothing is known about the character.

GrandSlam_zpsb83d369a.jpeg

This one issue is not even on comicvine. A nice high grade Canadian White

Flash_zps31b2749d.jpeg

I don't even know much about this one...lol

Here are a few of the rare books I have had over the years, Have more but I got to find the pics.

Single Series #7 (15 Cent Variant)

scan0191_zps87de068a.jpg

Remember Pearl Harbour #nn (15 Cent Variant)

0982739_001a.jpg

Daisy Comics #nn (Promotional/Giveaway)

HPIM2212.jpgscan0011-5.jpg

Amazing Man Comics #6

Hpim1547.jpg

Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Manufacturing Error

Picture306a.jpg

Winblade #1

1003710-001.jpg

Elflord

th_scan0023-6.jpgth_scan0021-6.jpgth_scan0019-6.jpgth_scan0017-7.jpg

Nexus #1 Limited Edition

981268-001.jpg

Eternal Warrior #27 VVSS

HPIM1677.jpg

scan0002-3.jpg

Orb #1

scan0412.jpg

I'm pretty sure my Elflord #3 and my MAUS #6 came from you. You've gone through some seriously awesome comics. Whenever I have money I watch your eBay listings like a hawk. Too bad I haven't had money in about a year lol

Well, I thought I would share a few books that cant be found very easily. I am sure there are some other copies out there, but not many. All are early Canadian published issues.

Enjoy

SpaceNomad_zps0bad78b0.jpeg

Space Nomad had his own 2-issue, un-numbered series by Century Publications in the spring of 1946. There was a 3rd issue planned but, nothing ever came of it. Issues were distributed with and without covers, and primarily sold in Britain (aside from being a Canadian publisher). Other than he was created by E.G. Letkeman and was one of only two characters (the other being Zor the Mighty) published by Century whose titles included new material (the others were all re-prints), this series is extremely rare and virtually nothing is known about the character.

GrandSlam_zpsb83d369a.jpeg

This one issue is not even on comicvine. A nice high grade Canadian White

Flash_zps31b2749d.jpeg

I don't even know much about this one...lol

Wow,beauty stuff.I have a copy of that Flash Comics(red seal cover) ,yours is the only other one I've seen.I was concerned about the odd cut of the cover,but seeing yours points to that they were printed like that?I was wondering about the interior of yours..mine is mostly teenage humour.When I find the image.to post,I will.tomcompare,and PM you when I find my copy,if you don't mind comparing!Cheers sir!

I had a chat board friend years ago. I stayed at his house a few days when I was on the road and he showed me his collection. I wish I could remember all the books.

He picked up a gerber guide and showed me a book that it said was rare with like 4 known copies.

he pulled four nice copies out of a locked drawer. He had three books that were listed as extremely rare..in multiples. I was stunned by the condition of the books all neat and nice but with a stamp across them.

He used to purchase comics from the Library of Congress(file copies)..and had some real gems.

He died sometime later. About two years after his estate was settled. A friend goes to his wife and gives her one last book that he held back out of the estate..it was an Action #1.

He was one nice man..it is a shame he passed away young..

I always wonder what happened to all those "rare" comics..