• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NYcc sales report

279 posts in this topic

sorry to hear about this Rick that stinks...I did see some pics of some of your selections and they were fantastic as always. Optimistically speaking some of those books you're rockin' are only gonna keep increasing in value in the following years most probably so hey...maybe its not so bad that you got to hang on to em' for just a little while longer. 100K in Chicago though man :applause:

The last time we set up there they put us in the back by the restrooms. We had a terrible show. It is so expensive to travel and set up at that show (it costs a ton just to park the van for the weekend) that I decided not to do it again. This year we had the same sales total as Gator with no expenses at all.

You guys should set up at WonderCon in April. The show gets bigger every year, and I'd get to see my fellow geeks more than once a year. :whee:
hm

To put Gator's "terrible" location into perspective I would say he was 2 aisles off the side wall towards the front.

Now being that he shared a booth I'm not sure why they picked it or who did the booth selection.

I was pretty happy with my booth location.

I know they have changed the floor plan a few times but I have had input into my booth location.

Not sure I would pick a booth facing the side wall when the entrance is traffic is coming from the complete opposite direction.

Adam/Gator had one booth/endcap and you could have walked quickly by and not seen it.

I had no problem finding Adam at the show.

And from a "Bobby bubbly personality" perspective it was a great show.

The last time we set up there they put us in the back by the restrooms. We had a terrible show. It is so expensive to travel and set up at that show (it costs a ton just to park the van for the weekend) that I decided not to do it again. This year we had the same sales total as Gator with no expenses at all.
it's funny enough to laugh but real enough not too

To put Gator's "terrible" location into perspective I would say he was 2 aisles off the side wall towards the front.

Now being that he shared a booth I'm not sure why they picked it or who did the booth selection.

I was pretty happy with my booth location.

I know they have changed the floor plan a few times but I have had input into my booth location.

Not sure I would pick a booth facing the side wall when the entrance is traffic is coming from the complete opposite direction.

Adam/Gator had one booth/endcap and you could have walked quickly by and not seen it.

I had no problem finding Adam at the show.

And from a "Bobby bubbly personality" perspective it was a great show.

unfortunately the location we were told (via email ) we were in and where we ended up were night and day. Apparently a miscommunication amongst reed emps. Didn't change the fact that our locale stunk

What are you complaining about? That's a prime location. I walk by there all the time! :D

What Wondercon show are you doing?

Are you referring to the one they used to hold in San Francisco that did great sales number or the Mickey mouse Anaheim version that doesn't?

Richard, save your money.

I miss the SF Wondercon. Can't understand why they didn't keep it going - look how well Emerald City is doing.

I know you're not kidding. In fact, I just posted a few nostalgic shots of NYCC over in General.

Here's one of your booth (2011, I think). I'm sure you had plenty of foot traffic, but who was slowing down to look... :facepalm:

9b109d1e-efbc-4759-99fb-20a444ffb6b3_zps71a9c2f5.jpg

I don't think it is a booth placement, I just think that New Yorkers don't like dealers from florida :baiting: .

Reminds them of retirement community salesman.

If you can't follow up a sales pitch with "Forget about it" they won't bother.

They hear "new force" and think "new coke" and the guy drinking Coke zero and it all makes sense to me. If you always have a can in your hand how can you take books off the wall?

I don't think it is a booth placement, I just think that New Yorkers don't like dealers from florida :baiting: .

Reminds them of retirement community salesman.

If you can't follow up a sales pitch with "Forget about it" they won't bother.

They hear "new force" and think "new coke" and the guy drinking Coke zero and it all makes sense to me. If you always have a can in your hand how can you take books off the wall?

I'm taking notes :)

I know you're not kidding. In fact, I just posted a few nostalgic shots of NYCC over in General.

Here's one of your booth (2011, I think). I'm sure you had plenty of foot traffic, but who was slowing down to look... :facepalm:

I always wondered where the inspiration came for the female Restroom image. Now we know.

I always wondered where the inspiration came for the female Restroom image. Now we know.

She is a good looking thing (thumbs u