• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

I suspect Civil war will do really well.

Maybe not Avengers numbers, but north of 1 MM worldwide.

We'll see.

I would hope the movie does north of $1 million.

:baiting:

I think MM is mega million

We'll see.

MM is an accounting abbreviation for 'millions' so you don't have to extend out the numeric details.

But I do like 'mega million' too.

:cloud9:

I like him.

Chris Hemsworth Weighs In On If Thor Is Team Captain America Or Team Iron Man

In a playful Facebook video posted by Captain America: Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo, Chris Hemsworth addressed Thor’s allegiance in the conflict between Team Captain America and Team Iron Man.

Hemsworth basically brushes the entire thing off as a children’s squabble. After all, how big of a deal can it be if the two most powerful Avengers – Thor and Hulk – weren’t even invited?

At least he has fun with the role.

:applause:

Captain America: Civil War Has Two Post Credits Scenes for Theatrical Release

There are two extra scenes to Captain America: Civil War once the credits start to roll, it was confirmed Wednesday. Thanks to a leak of those scenes from European screenings of the film, the second scene, which didn't show with early press screenings of the film, was revealed.

The mid-credits sequence, shown after the end titles but before the regular credits scroll is, in tradition with Marvel movies, a direct epilogue to the film that also seems to directly set up a future one. The end-credits scene, then, is a bit more removed from the events of the film, and will hopefully remain a surprise to U.S. audiences despite the European leak.

:whee:

We'll see.

MM is an accounting abbreviation for 'millions' so you don't have to extend out the numeric details.

But I do like 'mega million' too.

:cloud9:

Aw jeez... :tonofbricks:

My mind was elsewhere. Dealing with some stuff lately.

North of 1 Billion is what I meant to say.

sigh.

Robert Downey Jr. "could do one more" solo Iron Man movie

Is Robert Downey Jr. starting to feel left out of some of Marvel's fun lately?

Downey's version of Tony Stark/Iron Man has never been too far away from any creative direction the Marvel Cinematic Universe has taken. Even with Iron Man's individual story trilogy coming to an end, RDJ has been right in the middle of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, in addition to fronting one of the two sides taken in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR and also signing up to appear in SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING. Oh, and then there's still the matter of his involvement on the two-part INFINITY WAR.

See... Robert Downey Jr. is still a major piece of everything Marvel is doing. But much of it is in a complementary way... as a part of the ensemble. He's not the star of the MCU any longer as more Phases accumulate, more characters are introduced and everything gets bigger. Therefore, while RDJ may still be having fun in a reduced role, as a special attraction, there may be a part of him that's saying, "I can still carry a film by myself as Iron Man." That's why after towing the line of no IRON MAN 4 happening, it was a surprise for Downey to change his tune during a special feature for CIVIL WAR on ABC's NIGHTLINE.

"I feel like I could do one more."

Maybe make up for that Mandarin by having the real villain appear?

:wishluck:

Downey's version of Tony Stark/Iron Man has never been too far away from any creative direction the Marvel Cinematic Universe has taken. Even with Iron Man's individual story trilogy coming to an end, RDJ has been right in the middle of AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON, in addition to fronting one of the two sides taken in CAPTAIN AMERICA: CIVIL WAR and also signing up to appear in SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING. Oh, and then there's still the matter of his involvement on the two-part INFINITY WAR.

See... Robert Downey Jr. is still a major piece of everything Marvel is doing. But much of it is in a complementary way... as a part of the ensemble. He's not the star of the MCU any longer as more Phases accumulate, more characters are introduced and everything gets bigger. Therefore, while RDJ may still be having fun in a reduced role, as a special attraction, there may be a part of him that's saying, "I can still carry a film by myself as Iron Man." That's why after towing the line of no IRON MAN 4 happening, it was a surprise for Downey to change his tune during a special feature for CIVIL WAR on ABC's NIGHTLINE.

Holy mess. How amazing would that be? :o And have Dr. Strange be involved in a very reduced role to help contextualize the mystical Mandarin elements.

I like him.

Chris Hemsworth Weighs In On If Thor Is Team Captain America Or Team Iron Man

In a playful Facebook video posted by Captain America: Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo, Chris Hemsworth addressed Thor’s allegiance in the conflict between Team Captain America and Team Iron Man.

Hemsworth basically brushes the entire thing off as a children’s squabble. After all, how big of a deal can it be if the two most powerful Avengers – Thor and Hulk – weren’t even invited?

At least he has fun with the role.

:applause:

lol

How generous of him at $50 million a pop plus revenue sharing. :baiting:

I happened to be in Germany on opening day so I saw Civil War just a few hours ago.

The biggest take away for me is a personal opinion that they've finally gotten Spider-Man right. He sounds like a New Yorker, he's a slightly squeaky voiced kid, the mannerisms are right. The sui CGI didn't quite click at times, but yeah... It all worked for me. Very exciting.

Very entertaining movie, a fantastic call back to Cap 1, and more confirmation that the Cap series of films are the high watermark.

Oh, and Black Panther.... Eh. The suit is a home run but everything else was tepid with me, completely overshadowed by Spider-Man and even Ant Man.