• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Captain America: Civil War official movie thread (5/6/16)

2,267 posts in this topic

I saw the movie on the military base yesterday.

Capsule review: Thumb's up!

It lives up to the high quality level of the other Captain America / Avengers movies.

The introduction of additional superheroes is welcome and handled very well. One of the heroes is re-re-booted in a very humorous, effective way. Another recently added (to the movie lineup, I mean) superhero gets to show off powers we haven't seen before.

For such a complicated plotline, the movie holds it together solidly and even gets in lots of good one-line quips, etc. The motivation of every single character makes sense and doesn't just seem arbitrary.

Very well-done movie that keeps the Marvel movie series going full speed.

What Parts made ya squeal, Mr Beatty?

when Black Panther started chasing Bucky, Stark turned up at Aunt May's place and Giant Man

Absolutely LOVED it! It's by far the best ensemble comic book character movie so far (GOTG I feel is still the best Marvel movie in terms of fun, but Civil War is a damn close second), just seeing all of those characters up on screen together was so much fun, it doesn't feel cluttered or rushed, and their chemistry together is awesome. Ant-Man steals every scene he's in! Black Panther is a great addition. But by far the best moments for me were the Spider-Man scenes, I was grinning from ear to ear throughout :grin:

So it sounds like the Russo's have proven again that they have no problem making sure every character gets their moment in a big ensemble movie. Should make for a very well-done Infinity War set of movies.

So it sounds like the Russo's have proven again that they have no problem making sure every character gets their moment in a big ensemble movie. Should make for a very well-done Infinity War set of movies.

Along with James Gunn I think the Russo's have been the best at directing Marvel movies. I kinda wish they had directed Age of Ultron instead of Whedon. Even the way they film fight sequences is so frenetic and beautiful.

Gosh, now at 93% on RT, 115 fresh out of 123 critic reviews.

77 metascore on Metacritic with 20 out of 25 positive, 5 mixed.

I can't wait for Friday ! :cloud9:

You probably can wait, or else you'd see it on Thursday night.

Real fans are seeing it right now :banana: I'll tell RDjr ya'll say hi!

Real fans are seeing it right now :banana: I'll tell RDjr ya'll say hi!

lol

Such a tease.

(:

I promised a buddy I'd see it with him on Friday, and another friend later next week. I could see it Thurs night but I'd rather the first viewing be with a friend. More fun that way. :gossip:

How do Europeans get to watch Captain America before us Yanks?

Seems like they get all movies before us. I'm in favor of fixing this with military action. :mad:

‘Captain America: Civil War’ Directors Say Chances of LGBT Character in Marvel Universe Are “Strong”

One major question that has been posed to the folks at Marvel Studios in recent years has been if or when we’ll see an LGBT character in one of their films, and when Collider’s own Steve Weintraub sat down with Civil War directors Joe and Anthony Russo recently—who are also helming Marvel’s massive two-part Avengers: Infinity War saga—they had a very promising answer. Joe Russo went so far as to say the onus is on them, as filmmakers making movies for a wide audience, to accurately reflect the world we live in:

“I think the chances are strong. I mean, it’s incumbent upon us as storytellers who are making mass-appeal movies to make mass-appeal movies, and to diversify as much as possible. It’s sad in the way that Hollywood lags behind other industries so significantly, one because you think that it would be a progressive industry, and two it’s such a visible industry. So I think it’s important that on all fronts we keep pushing for diversification because then the storytelling becomes more interesting, more rich, and more truthful.”