• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up.

1,041 posts in this topic

What if the Santas did mail out something and the items were lost in the mail through no fault of the own.

The tried to fulfill their end f the bargain but outside forces screwed them over.

Do we still punish them?

I don't think that is the case:

I have chosen two backup Santas for Pirate and Flatliner1313 as it appears that their SS do not intend to follow through.

I hope we are told who the naughty ones are.

The ones who dont intend to follow through is one thing.

I was talking about those who do send something but items get lost in mail.

What happens to them

I'm sure they would have said something about it by this point, don't you?

What if the Santas did mail out something and the items were lost in the mail through no fault of the own.

The tried to fulfill their end f the bargain but outside forces screwed them over.

Do we still punish them?

I don't think that is the case:

I have chosen two backup Santas for Pirate and Flatliner1313 as it appears that their SS do not intend to follow through.

I hope we are told who the naughty ones are.

The ones who dont intend to follow through is one thing.

I was talking about those who do send something but items get lost in mail.

What happens to them

I'm sure they would have said something about it by this point, don't you?

Are we just throwing what ifs out there? I don't think this happened, but if it did could be approached if and when it did...

Chadwicks gift is on it's way since December 3rd via Priority Air Mail from Europe. It left my country on December 5th and arrived in Canada (MISSISSAUGA) on December 13th (don't know why it took 8 days via air). It was then presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review where it stuck for whole 9 days until December 22nd (This is where I informed GG about the delay). Package arrived in DIEPPE on Dec 28th and the next stop was ST JOHNS on January 2nd.

Package only takes 2 days to leave my country but why the hell is it in Canada since 22 days and still not delivered? (shrug)

I don't mean to derail the DBS talks here, but my gift finally showed up. There was no way this any fault of Black Lantern, there's absolutely no sign that customs even looked at it. My only guess is that it got lost under a table for 3 weeks. Either way, I'm super happy with what I got , this experience has been awesome for me and I'm glad that there is a community of like minded, generous collectors out there. Thank you to everyone involved! :headbang:

Finally :whee:

Do we still punish them?

I know of two boardies that this happened to last year. Once the sender saw that the person had not gotten their gift, they immediately contacted them via pm and handled it among themselves just like they should. I don't know what the final resolution was (new gift or don't worry about it) but it never became a public issue. Most of the time you can tell when there is an honest mistake and when someone is a deadbeat just by looking at their overall actions and attitude.

Chadwicks gift is on it's way since December 3rd via Priority Air Mail from Europe. It left my country on December 5th and arrived in Canada (MISSISSAUGA) on December 13th (don't know why it took 8 days via air). It was then presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review where it stuck for whole 9 days until December 22nd (This is where I informed GG about the delay). Package arrived in DIEPPE on Dec 28th and the next stop was ST JOHNS on January 2nd.

Package only takes 2 days to leave my country but why the hell is it in Canada since 22 days and still not delivered? (shrug)

I don't mean to derail the DBS talks here, but my gift finally showed up. There was no way this any fault of Black Lantern, there's absolutely no sign that customs even looked at it. My only guess is that it got lost under a table for 3 weeks. Either way, I'm super happy with what I got , this experience has been awesome for me and I'm glad that there is a community of like minded, generous collectors out there. Thank you to everyone involved! :headbang:

Finally :whee:

Like there was any doubt with Black Lantern,he's an honest to goodness great guy. :foryou:

Do we still punish them?

Well, if I was one of these Santa's, I would have contacted GG as soon as I saw it wasn't going to be received in time. I also would have outed myself in this thread before Christmas day.

Do we still punish them?

Well, if I was one of these Santa's, I would have contacted GG as soon as I saw it wasn't going to be received in time. I also would have also would have outed myself in this thread before Christmas day.

You are one of the good ones Mike,unfortunately common sense isn't so common. :)