• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up.

1,041 posts in this topic

List of boardies still waiting for their gifts to arrive:

Pirate

Chadwick

Black Lantern(added back by me, not by his unbelievably, sinister and dastardly greed)

Flatliner1313

Black Lantern and Chadwick are fine, their gifts will arrive.

I have chosen two backup Santas for Pirate and Flatliner1313 as it appears that their SS do not intend to follow through.

I apologize to both Pirate and Flatliner for the bad luck of drawing less than stellar Santas. There is a reason that backup Santas exist. The gifts that their SS won in the raffle will also be sent to their respective participants.

GG

Chadwicks gift is on it's way since December 3rd via Priority Air Mail from Europe. It left my country on December 5th and arrived in Canada (MISSISSAUGA) on December 13th (don't know why it took 8 days via air). It was then presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review where it stuck for whole 9 days until December 22nd (This is where I informed GG about the delay). Package arrived in DIEPPE on Dec 28th and the next stop was ST JOHNS on January 2nd.

Package only takes 2 days to leave my country but why the hell is it in Canada since 22 days and still not delivered? (shrug)

GG sent me the tracking number before Christmas so I never thought you were a deadbeat or anything. You sent your package before me and my SS got his last week (he never posted a picture, so I hope he liked his gifts :( ). I can't believe it's taken a month, I've never had a package take that long before, and I've shipped to every continent.

Chadwicks gift is on it's way since December 3rd via Priority Air Mail from Europe. It left my country on December 5th and arrived in Canada (MISSISSAUGA) on December 13th (don't know why it took 8 days via air). It was then presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review where it stuck for whole 9 days until December 22nd (This is where I informed GG about the delay). Package arrived in DIEPPE on Dec 28th and the next stop was ST JOHNS on January 2nd.

Package only takes 2 days to leave my country but why the hell is it in Canada since 22 days and still not delivered? (shrug)

GG sent me the tracking number before Christmas so I never thought you were a deadbeat or anything. You sent your package before me and my SS got his last week (he never posted a picture, so I hope he liked his gifts :( ). I can't believe it's taken a month, I've never had a package take that long before, and I've shipped to every continent.

Parcel volumes probably go up 5 fold during the Christmas season. A lot of the delivery companies including the various post offices hire extra, inexperienced help during the Christmas rush. Delays and mistakes are gonna happen. I suspect the customs guys are similarly backed up - does a customs guy care how many parcels they delay as they look for parcels to tax or look for contraband?

I do think it's pretty sad that some SS can't find time to send a gift yet can find time to select a gift in the raffle. Surely they could cobble something together and send it in the time it takes to scroll through 100 plus raffle gifts. And it boggles my mind that they think it's reasonable to get a gift without sending a gift, and get a raffle prize too.

Gift Guardian, did any of these guys promise a raffle prize that will fail to show?

Gift Guardian, did any of these guys promise a raffle prize that will fail to show?

THAT... is a good question!

I am sure glad next year's raffle will be pay-to-play.

(thumbs u

-slym

Pay-to-play doesn't help, sadly, if you never actually end up paying. No system based on good will and generosity will ever sufficiently account for people who are selfish and thoughtless.

Anyone who has failed in SS or raffle duties in the past is banned from partipating in both going forward, yes? Or is that not a rule?

(thumbs u

-slym

Pay-to-play doesn't help, sadly, if you never actually end up paying. No system based on good will and generosity will ever sufficiently account for people who are selfish and thoughtless.

Anyone who has failed in SS or raffle duties in the past is banned from partipating in both going forward, yes? Or is that not a rule?

If it's not a rule, it sure should be.

(thumbs u

It's no guarantee, but at least the people that don't donate to the raffle just because they were in the Secret Santa won't be there. I am not saying all of those people are bad, but I personally believe that the problem people are in that category.

I do agree that the above line in bold should be a rule.

(thumbs u

-slym

At this point I would like to thank Gift Guardian for running this show. It's a ton of work and he's done a wonderful job. The problems at this point are really just a small percentage - cold comfort for those who are still waiting for a Christmas gift - and I believe we've had similar issues every year.

GG, thanks for devoting time and brain cells over the Christmas season, yet again, to bring Christmas joy to this nerd pack.

Like anything involving free stuff, there will always be a few bad apples to try to mess things up. No amount of rule making will prevent those malcontents because there is always a way around them. You have to donate to play? No problem, they will donate 3 dollar comics they found in the back of the closet last week for a chance at a huge score. Luckily that has not been the case. I have no doubt that the Secret Santa Back-ups will take good care of those missing a present. Only 2 out of 120 semi-anonymous members flaked out. 1.6% of person_who_is_obnoxiously_self-impressed bags is not that bad and shows how great most of the people here are. Of course, that is of little consolation for those two stiffed. GG is a pretty good Santa so I bet he keeps a naughty list.

Overall though, I am sure we all appreciate this fun time of year that GG and his elves provide. :) Like last year, I met a couple of new boardies I would not have otherwise, which is kind of the best part.

Next year the rules will be updated to include:

-Any Holiday Exchange participant who fails to fufill their duties will be permanently banned from participating in any future exchanges as well as the Holiday Raffle.

-The Holiday raffle will require a donation from any member who wishes to participate.

-Any Holiday Raffle particpant who fails to fufill their duties and deliver their donation, as promised, will be permanently banned from participating in any future raffles as well as the Holiday Exchange.

-Any Holiday Exchange participant who fails to fufill their duties will be permanently banned from participating in any future exchanges as well as the Holiday Raffle.

-The Holiday raffle will require a donation from any member who wishes to participate.

-Any Holiday Raffle particpant who fails to fufill their duties and deliver their donation, as promised, will be permanently banned from participating in any future raffles as well as the Holiday Exchange.

:applause: Right on buddy.

(thumbs u

Sounds great, and basically I'm just quoting this to once again thank you for all you do for creating this incredibly fun COMMUNITY event. That's what this is, an event that brings everyone out, telling stories, posting pictures, swapping PMs with people they've never met before....and it's fantastic.

And while I know lots of us are blessed with tons of friends and family, I think it's nice to think that there might be some folks here who aren't as lucky who get a little extra from the event by really looking forward to a present under the tree, shopping for that perfect gift, etc.

So again... thanks GG for you do. All the little annoyances? They'll sort themselves out. The big stuff you've nailed and works great!