• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-Up.

1,041 posts in this topic

Agree completely with new rules. I love participating every year . Have met new boardies each time. I have never been disappointed with any SS gift. As mentioned in another thread , I do not wish ever to mess with the Comic Karma Gods. Bad Comic Karma Always finds those who deserve it.

I hadn't been here long enough last year so I couldn't participate, couldn't wait till this year. I loved it! :acclaim: Can't wait till next year.

My 2¢

Technically, participation involved a transaction where a gift was received in exchange for a gift provided. The exchange rules clearly state that participation is contingent upon giving as well as receiving. The board lawyers can articulate the rules pertaining to this particular transaction and how and even if it would cover Secret Santa. I believe that it does even though it is not being offered in a 'sales thread'.

Therefore...

1 - They should be nominated to the HOS / HOF

2 - Deadbeat Santas (for lack of a better word) should have thirty days to make it right.

3 - The outcome determines the lists that they are on.

4 - I want to know who such people are so I do not participate in their sales threads, as I am sure, so do others.

There are a lot of people who treat this seriously. I went shopping around Manhattan and online treating it like I was shopping for a relative. (I wonder if my recipient liked his loot btw. I know that my Secret Santa, Pirate, (who is currently one of those screwed over) also put some serious effort into his gift. To witness what is going on kind of disappoints me.

My 2¢

Technically, participation involved a transaction where a gift was received in exchange for a gift provided. The exchange rules clearly state that participation is contingent upon giving as well as receiving. The board lawyers can articulate the rules pertaining to this particular transaction and how and even if it would cover Secret Santa. I believe that it does even though it is not being offered in a 'sales thread'.

Therefore...

2 - Deadbeat Santas (for lack of a better word) should have thirty days to make it right.

4 - I want to know who such people are so I do not participate in their sales threads, as I am sure, so do others.

There are a lot of people who treat this seriously. I went shopping around Manhattan and online treating it like I was shopping for a relative. I know that my Secret Santa (who is currently one of those screwed over) also put some serious effort into his gift. To witness what is going on kind of disappoints me.

I think "Deadbeat Santas" is a fantastic name for a band, by the way.

I also agree with your point that if I knew who they were, I would not frequent the thread of someone who couldn't be bothered to give a promised gift, and yet had plenty of inventory to put up a sales thread.

Next year the rules will be updated to include:

-Any Holiday Exchange participant who fails to fufill their duties will be permanently banned from participating in any future exchanges as well as the Holiday Raffle.

-The Holiday raffle will require a donation from any member who wishes to participate.

-Any Holiday Raffle particpant who fails to fufill their duties and deliver their donation, as promised, will be permanently banned from participating in any future raffles as well as the Holiday Exchange.

(thumbs u

Sounds great, and basically I'm just quoting this to once again thank you for all you do for creating this incredibly fun COMMUNITY event. That's what this is, an event that brings everyone out, telling stories, posting pictures, swapping PMs with people they've never met before....and it's fantastic.

And while I know lots of us are blessed with tons of friends and family, I think it's nice to think that there might be some folks here who aren't as lucky who get a little extra from the event by really looking forward to a present under the tree, shopping for that perfect gift, etc.

So again... thanks GG for you do. All the little annoyances? They'll sort themselves out. The big stuff you've nailed and works great!

Could not agree with this more. Well said! Thanks again GG

Next year the rules will be updated to include:

-Any Holiday Exchange participant who fails to fufill their duties will be permanently banned from participating in any future exchanges as well as the Holiday Raffle.

-The Holiday raffle will require a donation from any member who wishes to participate.

-Any Holiday Raffle particpant who fails to fufill their duties and deliver their donation, as promised, will be permanently banned from participating in any future raffles as well as the Holiday Exchange.

:thumbsup:

It would be nice if the SS who failed to perform would step up and apologize publicly in this thread.

My 2¢

Therefore...

There are a lot of people who treat this seriously. I went shopping around Manhattan and online treating it like I was shopping for a relative. I know that my Secret Santa (who is currently one of those screwed over) also put some serious effort into his gift. To witness what is going on kind of disappoints me.

I think "Deadbeat Santas" is a fantastic name for a band, by the way.

I also agree with your point that if I knew who they were, I would not frequent the thread of someone who couldn't be bothered to give a promised gift, and yet had plenty of inventory to put up a sales thread.

+2 - one of my raffle offerings was something I pulled down from eBay because I wanted to make sure everyone got a gift.

(thumbs u

-slym

not to defend the DBS (dead beat santas) -- but far too often the wrong people or the problems seem to dominate threads like this . Not sure if it is dwelling on the negative or just a cathartic release of frustration. But it kind of sucks that instead of seeing the various presents and joy of the idea, we go through post after post of discussing the handful of dolts who screwed up the process for the unlucky few.

Things were going along so well and then the focus became making sure everyone got their gifts. That pursuit - while certainly important enough - makes this type of thread devolve into a very negative area. That is a shame.

What if the Santas did mail out something and the items were lost in the mail through no fault of the own.

The tried to fulfill their end f the bargain but outside forces screwed them over.

Do we still punish them?

What if the Santas did mail out something and the items were lost in the mail through no fault of the own.

The tried to fulfill their end f the bargain but outside forces screwed them over.

Do we still punish them?

I don't think that is the case:

I have chosen two backup Santas for Pirate and Flatliner1313 as it appears that their SS do not intend to follow through.

I hope we are told who the naughty ones are.

Do we still punish them?

I have chosen two backup Santas for Pirate and Flatliner1313 as it appears that their SS do not intend to follow through.

The ones who dont intend to follow through is one thing.

I was talking about those who do send something but items get lost in mail.

What happens to them

Do we still punish them?

The ones who dont intend to follow through is one thing.

I was talking about those who do send something but items get lost in mail.

What happens to them

I suppose if you could prove you sent something, then you would be off the hook. But I see your point, it could happen that something goes missing.

Chadwicks gift is on it's way since December 3rd via Priority Air Mail from Europe. It left my country on December 5th and arrived in Canada (MISSISSAUGA) on December 13th (don't know why it took 8 days via air). It was then presented to Canada Border Services Agency for customs review where it stuck for whole 9 days until December 22nd (This is where I informed GG about the delay). Package arrived in DIEPPE on Dec 28th and the next stop was ST JOHNS on January 2nd.

Package only takes 2 days to leave my country but why the hell is it in Canada since 22 days and still not delivered? (shrug)

I don't mean to derail the DBS talks here, but my gift finally showed up. There was no way this any fault of Black Lantern, there's absolutely no sign that customs even looked at it. My only guess is that it got lost under a table for 3 weeks. Either way, I'm super happy with what I got , this experience has been awesome for me and I'm glad that there is a community of like minded, generous collectors out there. Thank you to everyone involved! :headbang: