• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Thx guys.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dell'Otto, but JSC has a way with women words.

Jerome

Awesome pick up !

Have you picked up a superior spider man 20 yet ? I notice that's on the uptick again.

-J.

No, I'm on the fence about that one since I just bought this Black Cat. Maybe next month (shrug)

Jerome

Not sure about ASM, but X-Men goes between $80-90 for CGC 9.8 . Depending on what you paid for it raw, but for a $30-40 book plus grading fees, (pressing fees?), minus eBay seller fees..you'd probably see $10 profit..maybe a little more..not really worth it in my opinion especially if you don't have a 9.8. On the other hand I do think the book has future potential and could see a price increase..so I would hold onto it longer. Personally I've been buying them here and there when I find them cheap and look 9.8 worthy.

Not sure about ASM, but X-Men goes between $80-90 for CGC 9.8 . Depending on what you paid for it raw, but for a $30-40 book plus grading fees, (pressing fees?), minus eBay seller fees..you'd probably see $10 profit..maybe a little more..not really worth it in my opinion especially if you don't have a 9.8. On the other hand I do think the book has future potential and could see a price increase..so I would hold onto it longer. Personally I've been buying them here and there when I find them cheap and look 9.8 worthy.

Agreed.

Also, like with all moderns , it's all about 9.8s. If you don't think they will hit grade, might be better to just list them as raws.

601 has been out forever, but a classic cover that Campbell collectors want. Xmen cover might have potential.

Wow Nice. I'll post my collection when it gets back.. I have a small stack of HTF books currently being pressed, and then off to be signed by Campbell..hopefully if he appears at Atlantic City Boardwalk Con this year. I'll snap some shots when they get back though from pressing. Currently I mainly collect Campbell books, the rest of my modern collection has been sold off. Strictly Campbell, Hughes and Artgerm now.

Thanks guys =) pretty proud... kinda late to the game after starting to collect after a couple decades hiatus... but making progress I think... just waiting till I track him down at a con so I get get the first picture pressed and SS...

im not sure if ive posted my collection or not... heres a few pics from a couple months ago... not all of it, but most... and ive added a few since then... sure do like this guy =)

ZmEQXNK.jpg

zAJzP4T.jpg

mlWBU6k.jpg

mOTcMAL.jpg

:takeit: