• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

Normally around 3000 for color 1500 for sketch on store exclusives. We'll never know exact #s as Marvel doesn't like releasing that info and frowns on stores releasing that info but it's usually around those figures..give or take a few.

There's probably only a handful of people out there willing to pay that much for a Campbell variant..once more and more of these hit the market.. I think prices will settle lower and lower. And it seems theres a decent amount of these out there..since I've been searching for a copy for myself, I've come across close to 10 copies .. I'd imagine a lot more will come to market once people see the prices these are commanding.

Still an expensive book, but not $3600. .or anywhere close to it. ..just my opinion.

It was a $5 book less than a year ago.

Then several people started saying "look it's rare it's rare it's rare, only 5 copies on census !"

Apparently not remembering that cheap-o books don't often get slabbed.

Then multiple copies started popping up all over the place, severely testing the myth of its rarity. There have been (at least) 10 copies of them on eBay in the last four months alone, and the (now two) blue labels on the census have both been sold by their owners in the last month.

Red flags abound.

-J.

Then several people started saying "look it's rare it's rare it's rare, only 5 copies on census !"

Then multiple copies started popping up all over the place, severely testing the myth of its rarity. There have been (at least) 10 copies of them on eBay in the last four months alone, and the (now two) blue labels on the census have both been sold by their owners in the last month.

Red flags abound.

-J.

It was an unknown book a year ago... same couple of ppl always dogging this book... sorry you missed out...

Red flags abound.

-J.

Bang on!!! people who pay over 200$ for this book is :screwy:

Still Can't believe it

Book is trash

Edited by Thanos88

Red flags abound.

-J.

It was an unknown book a year ago... same couple of ppl always dogging this book... sorry you missed out...

Judging by his signature line I'm pretty sure jaydog wouldn't have a problem securing a copy of this book if he wanted to.

People talk about modern variants being unknown like the Internet was just invented last year. Just another empty platitude to prop up a book nobody cared about a year ago.

And the "you missed out" line needs to disappear from these forums forever. And it can take the "this book has legs" line with it.

Red flags abound.

-J.

Still Can't believe it

Book is trash

One man's trash...

There's probably only a handful of people out there willing to pay that much for a Campbell variant..once more and more of these hit the market.. I think prices will settle lower and lower. And it seems theres a decent amount of these out there..since I've been searching for a copy for myself, I've come across close to 10 copies .. I'd imagine a lot more will come to market once people see the prices these are commanding.

Still an expensive book, but not $3600. .or anywhere close to it. ..just my opinion.

the 510 sketch is still the ultimate Campbell . :)

Yeah, probably my favorite book. I think I prefer the color over the sketch in terms of looks just because it has an awesome background. But vice versa on the Black Panther..on that book I like the sketch, really pops compared to the regular cover.

the 510 sketch is still the ultimate Campbell . :)

Wolverine 1. :sumo:

-J.

^^

Still love the Wolverine as my fav too.

I overpaid for the BP #1, but o well, when you want a book, you want a book. I love the art, although sounds like I'm in the minority :o I also paid less than a grand for my MJ 9.8, win some lose some especially in the MA Grail game.

I am excited to see how much I overpaid for the BP #1 book, I'm guessing it'll get close to $3K (probably no more than that?) again since there were two other guys willing to go over $3K before I started bidding. More copies have popped up so time will tell (thumbs u

Jerome

Edited by Lethal_Collector

Red flags abound.

-J.

Still Can't believe it

Book is trash

One man's trash...

Trash!!!

You probably have a few thats why you keep trying to push it? hm

Edited by Thanos88