• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The official J Scott Campbell Appreciation/Discussion Thread
12 12

4,765 posts in this topic

There's probably only a handful of people out there willing to pay that much for a Campbell variant..once more and more of these hit the market.. I think prices will settle lower and lower. And it seems theres a decent amount of these out there..since I've been searching for a copy for myself, I've come across close to 10 copies .. I'd imagine a lot more will come to market once people see the prices these are commanding.

Still an expensive book, but not $3600. .or anywhere close to it. ..just my opinion.

the 510 sketch is still the ultimate Campbell . :)

I remember when the original artwork, one of a kind, 1 of 1, the ultimate Campbell for Uncanny X-Men #510 was on sale at Graphic Collectibles for around $5k I believe and remained unsold until there was a promotional website sale down to around $4k. I passed on it an encouraged someone else to buy it who did. So, if anyone is interested in that piece which probably now has an estimated value of $10k-15k, I might be able help broker a deal.

Campbell Original Art is the way to go for super collectors of Campbell who have interest in crossing that bridge from mass produced (albeit sometimes limited print runs) comic books into the one of a kind original artwork, which are masterpieces and when compared to the graded comics, isn't that much overpriced at times when you really step back and think about what you're buying, getting and owning in original art vs comics.

There's probably only a handful of people out there willing to pay that much for a Campbell variant..once more and more of these hit the market.. I think prices will settle lower and lower. And it seems theres a decent amount of these out there..since I've been searching for a copy for myself, I've come across close to 10 copies .. I'd imagine a lot more will come to market once people see the prices these are commanding.

Still an expensive book, but not $3600. .or anywhere close to it. ..just my opinion.

I remember when the original artwork, one of a kind, 1 of 1, the ultimate Campbell for Uncanny X-Men #510 was on sale at Graphic Collectibles for around $5k I believe and remained unsold until there was a promotional website sale down to around $4k. I passed on it an encouraged someone else to buy it who did. So, if anyone is interested in that piece which probably now has an estimated value of $10k-15k, I might be able help broker a deal.

Campbell Original Art is the way to go for super collectors of Campbell who have interest in crossing that bridge from mass produced (albeit sometimes limited print runs) comic books into the one of a kind original artwork, which are masterpieces and when compared to the graded comics, isn't that much overpriced at times when you really step back and think about what you're buying, getting and owning in original art vs comics.

DM sent

:fear::popcorn:

My black panther copy sketch that I bought for $4.99 graded a 9.8 :whee:

Nice ! What about your other four copies ? :baiting:

;)

-J.

I bet 8.5 SS and 9.2 SS :whistle:

I think those are somebody else's...

-J.

Yes, they are being sold to me at an incredible deal :cloud9:

;)

-J.

-J.

Don't think so :gossip:

;)

-J.

-J.

Don't think so :gossip:

:ohnoez:

-J.

Found one of these recently in the raw, sent to be pressed and graded but it had a good shot at 9.6 or better.

I also have the 9.8 color retailer variant version I am probably going to sell soon.

Found one of these recently in the raw, sent to be pressed and graded but it had a good shot at 9.6 or better.

I also have the 9.8 color retailer variant version I am probably going to sell soon.

Nice, Easy money..

Guy on IG just told me he got two Black Panther Sketch graded coming back that hit 9.8 and 9.6....

Never asked if he is selling them but looks like more are popping up now...

It still doesn't seem like there are that many. The numbers don't look like they have been updated in the census yet. It also could be people were waiting to get theirs graded because the case issues. Only time will tell.

It still doesn't seem like there are that many. The numbers don't look like they have been updated in the census yet. It also could be people were waiting to get theirs graded because the case issues. Only time will tell.

If you're talking about the black panther sketch, the book was still only selling for $200 in April, so the current census numbers are still meaningless.

And anecdotally , every person I know of with a copy has it in multiples.

-J.

;)

-J.

lol yeah Thanos is right.

I actually resubbed the 8.5 SS to get cracked and pressed since I was told by the facilitator I used that grader notes indicate it would benefit from one. Same with guardians #4

At this point, I'm keeping the black panther #1 9.8 since I'm OCD. I'm jsc collector first, so the prices going crazy or dropping don't really matter to me. Although, the 510 OA would be nice to add.

If you're talking about the black panther sketch, the book was still only selling for $200 in April, so the current census numbers are still meaningless.

And anecdotally , every person I know of with a copy has it in multiples.

-J.

I wonder why sales still seems sparse. It would seem right now would be the time to sell if you have multiple copies. Unless everyone is still getting their multiple copies graded.

if you got another copy you're looking to cash & trade, let me know :baiting:

Don't think I will be selling it since it's my only copy now.

Couldn't hurt to prod a little. Great book.