• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

Is it really that bad...?

That's what I hear. I haven't experienced it myself yet.

(shrug)

This is what happens when you downgrade your Canary... ;)

lol I wasn't into the new Canary either. I really liked her on earth 2 as Black Siren though. That was hot. :blush:

Lynda Carter Arrives In National City In SUPERGIRL Season 2 Episode 3: "Welcome To Earth"

melissa_benoist_lynda_carter_supergirl_scenes_03.jpg

The CW has released the plot synopsis for episode three, titled "Welcome to Earth," from Supergirl's sophomore season. The episode will introduce Lynda Carter as President Olivia Marsdin and it doesn't sound like her visit to National City is going to go over too smoothly as she finds herself under attack upon arrival. Kara races to find Mon-El, who she suspects may have had something to do with the attack, while Alex teams-up with Det. Maggie Sawyer to follow up their own leads. Check out the plot synopsis below to get more details:

“Welcome to Earth”— (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

LYNDA CARTER (“WONDER WOMAN”) LANDS IN NATIONAL CITY AS PRESIDENT OLIVIA MARSDIN — An attack is made on the President (guest star Lynda Carter) as hot-button, alien vs. human rights issues heat up in National City. Supergirl (Melissa Benoist) and the DEO are assigned to protect the President and bring in the responsible party. Alex (Chyler Leigh) teams up with Detective Maggie Sawyer (Floriana Lima) to investigate the case while Kara searches for a recently escaped Mon-El (Chris Wood), who she fears may be the alien behind the assault. Rachel Talalay directed the episode written by Jessica Queller and Derek Simon (#203). Original airdate 10/24/2016.

I mean, I know that I'm married and she's married but yeah...marry me, Melissa Benoist.

She's probably looking for a new husband about now. Can you imagine Melissa and Blake Jenner at parties...?

Melissa (surrounded by guests): "...and then Chyler, right at the point she's about to save Mehcad from the clutches of Banshee, leans forward and her pants rip!"

Followed by riotous laughter.

Guest turning to Jenner: "So, Blake. Do you have any funny on set stories?"

Blake: "Well, there was this one time in Glee..."

Cool first episode on The CW. Superman seemed to work for me on the show, and didn't detract from Kara's story.

But now being on The CW, it also had that tween-girl vibe where they are going for the 12-16 female audience. Which I understand. I just hope that doesn't become the dominant theme.

Even though I still dislike the silly cape shoulder belt thing, I agree this Superman is really likable. I was curious how the two would interact and it is working perfectly. Superman has a strong presence but this is still Supergirl's show. And their interaction is very nice to see.

I was glad to see Cat's appearances. I really got no sense of a lower budget and actually felt this CW offering was a tad lighter than the CBS approach. Overall I think Supergirl is now a bit more fun.

I loved the whole "say hi to them"..."I changed his diapers" exchange. I think it brings out a good Supercousin vibe.

Miss Tessmacher!

lol

I caught that. I wonder, since they also talked about Lex Luthor during the episode, if she is a spy. Where best to have one than at the Worldwide Media HQ?

:ohnoez:

Edited by Bosco685

Even though I still dislike the silly cape shoulder belt thing, I agree this Superman is really likable. I was curious how the two would interact and it is working perfectly. Superman has a strong presence but this is still Supergirl's show. And their interaction is very nice to see.

I was glad to see Cat's appearances. I really got no sense of a lower budget and actually felt this CW offering was a tad lighter than the CBS approach. Overall I think Supergirl is now a bit more fun.

I loved the whole "say hi to them"..."I changed his diapers" exchange. I think it brings out a good Supercousin vibe.

I was looking at the background set as well to see if there would be a difference. Pretty much everything seemed the same. Including that big, pink cougar at Worldwide Media.

And you are so right. The atmosphere was slightly lighter.

The CW effect for me was when Kara was changing at her apartment, and they had her standing with sunlight behind her. Let's just say her body was quite exposed.

:banana:

Edited by Bosco685