• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

I think it looks quite charming, and pretty well made from the action sequences. It's funny how similar in tone it is to the SNL 'Black Widow Movie' skit recently, the adorkable girl who is unlucky in love, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

I just wish DC would integrate it's tv shows with it's movies. That's what's so appealing about the MCU.

Hmmm, I'm not impressed, she looks cute sometimes, but she dos not look like Supergirl to me and Jimmy Olsen, zzzzzz, sorry James Olsen!

From the trailer it feels like one of the supporting characters in Buffy the Vampire Slayer.

Shame I really always liked the Supergirl comics.

Thank heavens for Gotham and Daredevil.

Sell your Action Comics 252 while you can, lol, (I'm buying)

Why did he correct his name, apparently superman calls him jimmy since she knew who he was. I'm guessing he's going to be her mentor, handing her the box with the blanket was almost an Alfred moment.

They could use him correcting people about his name throughout the show as an ongoing gag.

It would have been possible to revamp a more cool red headed jimmy like what they're doing with Archie.

Edited by krighton

People on FB seem to hate it so I was surprised to see so many in here like it.

The first 2 minutes were cringe worthy but it really picked up when she saved the plane.

Definitely not the demographic of the other comic book shows.

I liked it! Speculating on how long it will last is pointless because it's based on so many factors beyond quality, but the good thing is they seem to have a concept of how they want to handle things and the concept seems fun and sound.

A few observations/questions

1. How many DC TV universes are we up to now? Forget cinematic ...you've got Arrow/Flash, Gotham, Smallville, Preacher, Lucifer and now Supergirl? Crazy stuff. You do have to give it to Marvel for integration.

2. The "big blue" elephant in the room. Showing Superman in the trailer and referring to him is going to make it very hard not to use him. I mean, it's Superman. You can't make the excuse that he's "far away".... At least not all the time without it being awkward. Feels like they're going to need to use him somehow, but carefully.

There's been speculation Supergirl will crossover with Arrow and Flash. As for Gotham, that's best left in it's own universe having no Batman! And seriously... in what universe is Alfred a mockney!?! :mad:

As for Supes, BFKAB posted this on the subject a few months ago...

Whoa!

SUPERMAN Confirmed To Make An Appearance In Upcoming SUPERGIRL TV Series

---------------------

Apparently those applying must be, "5’11 or taller and be Square Jawed and have a ripped physique". Confirmation comes from the fact that it mentions that the successful applicant with be a body double for an "iconic DC Comics superhero" and that they should use "SUPERMAN" in the subject line. That means the Man of Steel will more than likely just be seen from the neck down or from a distance as they obviously don't want to interfere with what's going on in the DC Cinematic Universe.

---------------------

Why wouldn't they use Henry Cavill? He even says he wants to play the character anywhere he can.

It would have been possible to revamp a more cool red headed jimmy like what they're doing with Archie.

I always thought Archie more of a strawberry blonde... ;)

Why o WHY are they saying her name WRONG!?

CARE-a (Yes please - everyone everywhere knows this)

CAR-a (!!!???!???!!)

Kara has been pronounced both ways in film and animation throughout the years. "CAR-a" is the British pronunciation of Cara/Kara. Don't forget, she is an alien after all... ;)

Why o WHY are they saying her name WRONG!?

CARE-a (Yes please - everyone everywhere knows this)

CAR-a (!!!???!???!!)

Kara has been pronounced both ways in film and animation throughout the years. "CAR-a" is the British pronunciation of Cara/Kara. Don't forget, she is an alien after all... ;)

1. - Really? I have never ever heard "Car-a" when referring to Kara-Zor-El.

2. That would be great if this was on BBC....