• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

SUPERGIRL official TV show thread
3 3

2,562 posts in this topic

CCP9qeBWgAAwBxD.jpg

hm The costume looks better in normal lighting... We shall see in Autumn!

This should be a moderate hit. It will do better in the ratings then Constantine ever did.

Which means for clarification, even though Constantine was a good show we will find more people will watch Supergirl.

Any Batman and Superman related media always has a following.

They should give Batgirl her own show next if they want good ratings.

A safer bet than a show like Constantine.

Young adult girls seriously bring in a lot of cabbage to programming aimed towards them. Look at The Hunger Games, Twilight, The Fault in our Stars, Divergent, etc. Add a dash of sexiness and the young guys will follow. Granted, on here we'll complain about the old CW level of casting here and there, but in the end it is better for the hobby in general. Because it's bringing in "new blood" to support the medium and they'll grow up as fans who might make their own mark as well whether in linework or celluloid.

Mellisa Benoist, trailblazer?

We shall see.

Oh, and a Batgirl TV show. (thumbs u

We'll immediately need a "Girls Nite Out" episode (Batman: The Animated Series) :cloud9:

Yes. I agree with just about everything you point out in your post.

(thumbs u

hm

So eventually Batgirl will get her own show, so that maybe means time to start looking at these again.

Detective_Comics_359.jpg

Young adult girls seriously bring in a lot of cabbage to programming aimed towards them. Look at The Hunger Games, Twilight, The Fault in our Stars, Divergent, etc. Add a dash of sexiness and the young guys will follow. Granted, on here we'll complain about the old CW level of casting here and there, but in the end it is better for the hobby in general. Because it's bringing in "new blood" to support the medium and they'll grow up as fans who might make their own mark as well whether in linework or celluloid.

Mellisa Benoist, trailblazer?

We shall see.

Oh, and a Batgirl TV show. (thumbs u

We'll immediately need a "Girls Nite Out" episode (Batman: The Animated Series) :cloud9:

You have a lot of wisdom for someone so young, NEG... ;)

Must have missed this post...

Do we really need a Supergirl show?...

Yes.

...With everything taking on a darker tone these days...

For exactly that reason!

...maybe a re-boot of Birds Of Prey is in order?

Only if they do it right this time (thumbs u

Where's my quotey vid thing...?

Thanks for the post! Looks like it's going to be a good show... and that costume definitely works better when well lit! I quite liked the first one in that clip though... ;)

Memo to DC:

Just stop with the movies that are too serious, blow up too many buildings, kill too many people, and literally take too much color away -- to the point where kids really have no interest in watching DC movies. Focus on TV. Do what is being done on Arrow, Flash and now Supergirl. Rinse and repeat.

That Supergirl extended trailer had all the magic of the '78 Superman movie, and more. :applause: Incredible!

Seems a little bit sweet and/or familyish for me, BUT I think there's a place for it, and I think there's a chance it will do ok. The tough part will be balancing the tone properly, but seems like a worthwhile endeavor. DC seems to have gotten the TV thing down currently, missing only on Constantine. Arrow, Flash, Izombie, Gotham, with this coming in Fall. Not bad.