• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer

264 posts in this topic

Pretty disappointing overall. More like a TV episode of the Sarah Connor chronicles than a movie. The John Connor character just didn't look or act like a John Connor.

Turning him into a villain was TV show city

I actually liked the tv show.

+1

+ .....

I still have the Season One DVD set.

+2 loved the whole TV show was crushed when it wasnt renewed.

Just got back from the movie, and I thought it was GREAT!

Now I'm a big Arnold, Terminator, and Time travel fan, so I might have been more inclined to like it than the average person.

Great special effects, Arnold was as good as ever, plenty of nods to the original, some oblivious, some more subtle.

I had a blast! Definitely recommend it for any fans of the series.

Best movie since the first two!

Way better than Jurassic World

Didn't the John Connor scenes bug the hell out of you? WAY too much talking.

General Connor was always depicted as a wiry fighting man. Doughy used car salesman-not the right look IMO.

Saw that movie with 2 of my friends. It's not bad but nowhere as good as the T1 and T2 were. Some puns said on screen were, to say, old. It was bit hard to follow the story with all the time travel twists.

Otherwise, the special effects were good. Now we have to wait for T6? Hope the director took note of the ratings on T5 and make adjusts then. Oh, and we did saw "Inside Out" - now this was a good movie!

Pretty disappointing overall. More like a TV episode of the Sarah Connor chronicles than a movie. The John Connor character just didn't look or act like a John Connor.

What surprises me is how this one is getting worst reviews than Salvation! :o

They maybe should have stopped after the second Terminator movie with Cameron.

Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 are great movies, so at least they got that.

All the rest are money grabs to keep the Terminator merchandising sales going.

Salvation despite its problems stayed with the general concept set up in the first three films. Genysis essentially has actions in 4 periods, leaves stuff unexplained, asks you to drastically look at the timeline differently, terrible acting, and sacrifices action for a lower rating. Can't wait for Cameron to get the rights back

Cameron gets the rights back in 2019!

Cameron regains Terminator rights in 2019!

So this won`t be the last of the Terminator series.

I thought this was actually ok.

The addition of Arnold back into the franchise made it a much more satisfying film. Say whatever you like about him, he can't act and he's wooden, it matters not - the guy has incredible screen charisma which makes up for a hell of a lot of his shortcomings

I liked the girl playing Sarah Connor and John Connor was about passable. Worse member of the cast was Kyle Reese who was really awful in comparison to the original.

I also liked the nods to the previous films, That the Arnie terminator aged over time made sense and was a neat rationale, Great effects and nice set pieces of action.

So yea, it was good, worth going to see.

Saw the latest FF trailer at the same time and I'm slightly optimistic. The Thing design seems like a poor decision from what I saw in the trailer but I'll certainly go and see it.

What surprises me is how this one is getting worst reviews than Salvation! :o

They maybe should have stopped after the second Terminator movie with Cameron.

Terminator 1 and Terminator 2 are great movies, so at least they got that.

All the rest are money grabs to keep the Terminator merchandising sales going.

Salvation despite its problems stayed with the general concept set up in the first three films. Genysis essentially has actions in 4 periods, leaves stuff unexplained, asks you to drastically look at the timeline differently, terrible acting, and sacrifices action for a lower rating. Can't wait for Cameron to get the rights back

Cameron gets the rights back in 2019!

Cameron regains Terminator rights in 2019!

So this won`t be the last of the Terminator series.

I see Lightstorm doing a True Lies sequel before any Terminator reboot. My 2c

Watertown's Eliza Dushku, now all grown up as a sexy spy. :cloud9:

Interesting that it`s struggling to break 100 million domestic.

Currently at $76,970,000.

Not the only one though.

Highly anticipated sequels are struggling as well.

Ted 2 at $75,516,000.

Magic Mike XXL at $55,786,000.

Taken 3 at $89,256,424.

Was it the Jurassic World effect or something else?

hm

Not the only one though.

These movies were done during the summer of '91. Once, their creator/skipper Cameron jumped ship for more eventual Titanic-like acclaim, they have never been more than cleverly staged 2nd unit action sequences disguised as thought provoking sy-fy movies.

Ted 2 at $75,516,000.

A too crowded summer, that even a cameo by the great Tom Brady could save or bring in some media from "Deflategate". ;) Should have been released towards Christmas.

Magic Mike XXL at $55,786,000.

Wrong time of the year and lacking one of the original leads. Picture Pitch Perfect 2 without Anna Kendrick or Hot Tub Time Machine without John Cusack (oh yeah). Should have been released towards Thanksgiving.

Taken 3 at $89,256,424.

Too many similiar Liam Neeson movies, gave the Charles Bronson effect to the genre, that reached self-parody before the parody film "Tooken" was released.

Was it the Jurassic World effect or something else?

hm

There was a demand even the Avengers couldn't have assembled for.

Not the only one though.

These movies were done during the summer of '91. Once, their creator/skipper Cameron jumped ship for more eventual Titanic-like acclaim, they have never been more than cleverly staged 2nd unit action sequences disguised as thought provoking sy-fy movies.

I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope we never see another Terminator movie now. 2 was good enough, it should have ended right there. :facepalm:

Absolutely nothing wrong with Genisys. I really enjoyed the movie from start to finish.

Unfortunately you need to give the Kool-Aid your drinking to the critics. The critics panned this movie and consider the film worse than Leonard Part 6.

Absolutely nothing wrong with Genisys. I really enjoyed the movie from start to finish.

Unfortunately you need to give the Kool-Aid your drinking to the critics. The critics panned this movie and consider the film worse than Leonard Part 6.

Who cares what the critics think? I thought Genisys was okay. I like Terminator: Salvation more, but Genisys wasn't as bad as Terminator 3.