• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TERMINATOR: GENISYS Trailer

264 posts in this topic

I just watched this last night & it was surprisingly OK. I wasn't super happy that the trailers essentially spoiled the big twist & avoided it in the theater as a result (plus the whole Jai Courtney being the poor man's Tom Hardy thing, who I don't much care for to begin with, much less his knock-off version) but it did play with time travel in a way that was creative & similar to how Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles did, which I really enjoyed.

Was it worth renting at least once?

I just watched this last night & it was surprisingly OK. I wasn't super happy that the trailers essentially spoiled the big twist & avoided it in the theater as a result (plus the whole Jai Courtney being the poor man's Tom Hardy thing, who I don't much care for to begin with, much less his knock-off version) but it did play with time travel in a way that was creative & similar to how Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles did, which I really enjoyed.

It's worth owning. :makepoint:

I'd rent it from RedBox or something definitely. Don't know if I'd pay the $3.99 that Blockbuster used to ask, but the $1 or whatever that RedBox charges? Yeah. Definitely worth it. There were a lot of good call-backs to the first 2 Cameron movies & a lot of cherry-picked ideas from the Terminator mythos that were mixed in to give it a fresh spin. You might be a little disappointed if you expect some better twist than the one that the Trailers spoiled with JC to make up for the trailers spoiling that, but otherwise, it's actually pretty good. I don't know if it's one that I'll re-watch like 1 & 2, but it's a solid movie & an improvement over 3 & Salvation.

That actually wasn't a bad movie. If anything, it was the complexity of the timeline changes which may have confused viewers versus a straightforward action story. The only thing I didn't understand was the action Kyle Reese took once the final results were achieved. I would assume at that point the timeline had been changed, and there was no need for what he did.

By the way, I hadn't seen anyone post there was a mid-credit scene at the end of the movie. But I assumed there would be if the studio was planning a multi-film franchise. There had to be a twist to the end.

3/5 stars

That actually wasn't a bad movie. If anything, it was the complexity of the timeline changes which may have confused viewers versus a straightforward action story. The only thing I didn't understand was the action Kyle Reese took once the final results were achieved. I would assume at that point the timeline had been changed, and there was no need for what he did.

By the way, I hadn't seen anyone post there was a mid-credit scene at the end of the movie. But I assumed there would be if the studio was planning a multi-film franchise. There had to be a twist to the end.

3/5 stars

Agree I liked it, but didn't blow me away.

It's apparently on hold again. It was on hold after the US box office flop, but back on after the China box office success. But recently it was hinted in an interview with someone that the trilogy is on hold & will essentially be crowd-souced for plot with a lot of focus group testing on what did & didn't work in this recent one before they start work on the sequel (or if they do at all)

Skydance Re-Adjusting Plans For Terminator Franchise

While speaking at The Wrap’s annual media leadership conference, TheGrill, Skydance Media‘s chief creative officer Dana Goldberg discussed the future of The Terminator as a franchise. “I wouldn’t say [plans are] on hold,” she said. “So much as re-adjusting.”

After obtaining the rights in collaboration with Annapurna Pictures, the company quickly put Terminator: Genisys into production. It was met with a tepid response in the US, but did fair business overseas. “We’re ultimately happy with overall worldwide numbers. Do I wish we would have done better domestically? Absolutely,” she said. She noted domestic box office does not carry the importance it once did, but “we’re not taking the domestic number lightly.” At the same time, the company is committed to playing to a “worldwide market.”

“We are not going to begin production at the beginning of next year,” she said, citing plans to conduct a “worldwide study” to learn what audiences want from the series. “It would be silly to not have to worry about what audiences have to say,” she continued.

Domestic: $89,760,956 (20.4%)

Foreign: $350,400,000 (79.6%)

Worldwide: $440,160,956

:bump:

I had my expectations really low on this one. I was surprised after the abysmal Salvation, this one actually worked. It's not Cameron quality mind you, but there was a lot of writing, good writing helping it stand out better than it probably deserves. The acting is terrible. Schwarzenegger hams it with flat jokes. Jai Courtney tarzans himself into yet another flagging franchise with rather limited results. JK Simmons was utterly wasted. Added on bland set pieces, the movie still chugs along at a decent pace, despite driving into a few plot holes that will wind up giving you a migraine. Two and a half stars.

Bang goes the hammer on that coffin nail.

Terminator Genisys Sequel Removed From Paramount's Schedule

Paramount has removed the Terminator Genisys sequel, previously referred to as Terminator 2, from it's film schedule.

The film was previously on the calendar for a May 19, 2017 release. That date has now been given to the Baywatch reboot, starring Dwayne Johnson.

What a shame. Baywatch??!!

Paramount has removed the Terminator Genisys sequel, previously referred to as Terminator 2, from it's film schedule.

The film was previously on the calendar for a May 19, 2017 release. That date has now been given to the Baywatch reboot, starring Dwayne Johnson.

That Baywatch movie is going to make bucks. Alexandra Daddario :cloud9:

Buit up quite the DVD library of hers. Bereavement, Texas Chainsaw, the Percy Jacksons and San Andreas. :cloud9:

Shame, Genisys was one of the most enjoyable movies I saw at the cinema last year.

Buit up quite the DVD library of hers. Bereavement, Texas Chainsaw, the Percy Jacksons and San Andreas. :cloud9:

You need that Daddario in True Detective :cloud9::cloud9::gossip: